Cawthorn

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Cawthorn

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Oopsie....

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:57 pm
Oopsie....
:lol: Coward. Fwiw, I might have visited the Eagle's Nest, too, if it was easy. Doing so is not an endorsement of Hitler . . . unless you consistently deflect from it. I did make it to Berchtesgaden, but chose hiking from there, instead.

Speaking of racist oopsies:
Idk if there was a retraction.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:27 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Oopsie....
:lol: Coward. Fwiw, I might have visited the Eagle's Nest, too, if it was easy. Doing so is not an endorsement of Hitler . . . unless you consistently deflect from it. I did make it to Berchtesgaden, but chose hiking from there, instead.

Idk if there was a retraction.
Really touching that Madison wishes for violent response to whatever happens. And I thought Hit'er's redoubt was called Wolf's Lair. In any case, I'd like to see it myself. I've seen photos and it seems to be a quite scenic site and very inspiring. I could surely get loaded up on dangerous and illegal substances there and enjoy it immensely. Plus I'd not ever deny doing it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:18 pm
Really touching that Madison wishes for violent response to whatever happens. And I thought Hit'er's redoubt was called Wolf's Lair. In any case, I'd like to see it myself. I've seen photos and it seems to be a quite scenic site and very inspiring. I could surely get loaded up on dangerous and illegal substances there and enjoy it immensely. Plus I'd not ever deny doing it.
The Wolf's Lair (German: Wolfsschanze; Polish: Wilczy Szaniec) was Adolf Hitler's first Eastern Front military headquarters in World War II. The complex, which became one of several Führerhauptquartiere (Führer Headquarters) in various parts of Central and Eastern Europe, was built for the start of Operation Barbarossa—the invasion of the Soviet Union—in 1941. It was constructed by Organisation Todt.

The top-secret, high-security site was in the Masurian woods about eight kilometres (five miles) east of the small East Prussian town of Rastenburg, in present-day Poland....
The Kehlsteinhaus (known as the Eagle's Nest in English-speaking countries) is a Third Reich–era building erected atop the summit of the Kehlstein, a rocky outcrop that rises above Obersalzberg near the town of Berchtesgaden. It was used exclusively by members of the Nazi Party for government and social meetings. It was visited on 14 documented instances by Adolf Hitler, who disliked the location due to his fear of heights, the risk of bad weather, and the thin mountain air. Today it is open seasonally as a restaurant, beer garden, and tourist site.
This is the one visited by Mad and I regret not seeing. It does look nice inside and out. There's also:
Adlerhorst ("Eagle's Nest") was a World War II bunker complex in Germany, located near Hohenahr in the district of Lahn-Dill-Kreis in the Taunus mountains in the state of Hesse.

Designed by Albert Speer as Adolf Hitler's main military command complex, it was reassigned by Hitler in February 1940 to Luftwaffe chief Hermann Göring as his headquarters for the Battle of Britain, serving as Hitler's only during the December 1944- January 1945 Ardennes Offensive.
First I've heard of it.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Oopsie....

... On Tuesday, moments before the guilty verdict was read by a judge, North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District Representative tweeted ...

If I'm not mistaken,Wolf's Lair is Hitler's pre-war hideaway high in the Alps, where he wooed and entertained his girlfriend whatshername*. The other hidey holes came later, during WWII.

*Eva Braun

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Formatting and attribution fixed:
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:27 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Oopsie....
:lol: Coward. Fwiw, I might have visited the Eagle's Nest, too, if it was easy. Doing so is not an endorsement of Hitler . . . unless you consistently deflect from it. I did make it to Berchtesgaden, but chose hiking from there, instead....
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:46 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
If I'm not mistaken,Wolf's Lair is Hitler's pre-war hideaway high in the Alps, where he wooed and entertained his girlfriend whatshername*. The other hidey holes came later, during WWII.

*Eva Braun
viewtopic.php?p=136792#p136792
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Oopsie....

... On Tuesday, moments before the guilty verdict was read by a judge, North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District Representative tweeted ...

*Eva Braun
It was fine the way it was.

Busy body

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Looks like I got confused with my Nazi rustic redoubts. I do remember photos of the Wolf's Lair place from history books I've read in the past. I just remember the place having impressive scenic as well as architectural features. The fact that assholes like Hitler and Cawthorn also realize it does not detract from the basic fact.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:02 am
Ulysses wrote:
It was fine the way it was.

Busy body
Ummm . . .
You had neoplacebo saying my words.
You had me saying neoplacebo's words.
You had neoplacebo saying your words.
You showed as posting nothing.
Then, you screwed up what the Wolf's Lair is even though I had described it accurately, with a citation, half an hour earlier.

What is wrong with you that you can't see or admit any of this?

Now, you've screwed up again - repeating all of the above while also showing that your Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:02 am words were posted on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:46 pm and that you posted nothing on Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:02 am. Plus, 'busybody' is one word:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/busybody

Hilarious two-fer. Thank you.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I've been hanging out with some local raccoons and all they want to do is go out and look for food. I keep telling them "don't worry abbad it." They just look at me funny. I suspect they're Q raccoons. Just my fucking luck.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Are these votes scheduled past his bedtime or something?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:29 am
I read that he also missed a bunch of votes and got someone to vote for him. He said it was for covid reasons, but in fact he was attending a conservative political meeting.
In late February 2021, Cawthorn and a dozen other Republican House members skipped votes and enlisted others to vote for them, citing the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. But he and the other members were actually attending the Conservative Political Action Conference, which was held at the same time as their absences.[54] In response, the Campaign for Accountability, an ethics watchdog group, filed a complaint with the House Committee on Ethics and requested an investigation into Cawthorn and the other lawmakers.[55]
Source: Wikipedia

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:29 am
It's the speed bumps that Nancy had placed in the hallways. :twisted:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Isn't this idiot past his 15 minutes?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Not yet; within the next year his new wife will inadvertently kill him by squeezing her thighs together while in the throes of sexual abandon and he will suffer the result. This will result in another twenty minutes of pseudo fame and be a fitting end to a vile existence.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Grasshopper seems to be taking Trumpaloon lessons.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Only the GOP could elect a guy to Congress who is evidently brain-damaged (and by his own admission, no less).

But then they nominated Trump ... twice ...

GoCubsGo
Admiral

So how did this asshat get elected again?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Maybe Louie Gohmert isn't the dumbest member of Congress.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Cawthorn isn't dumb. He managed to get elected to Congress with zero education or experience, gets paid $175K, does no work. The ones dumber than dirt are the fools who voted for him, knowing at least in part what a totally worthless person he is.