The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by O Really »

Boatrocker wrote:
O Really wrote:At least this idiot got fired, as well he should. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09 ... -job?lite=

Having a "right" to do something doesn't give you the "right" to keep your employment. Whether one agrees with his point of view or not, who could defend his behaviour as a police chief?
Google it. The internet is full of wingnuts defending this asshole. Of course if, by "who", you meant "who among rational folks," that's a different matter.
Good point, but I guess I was thinking of rational folks. The loons can be expected to be loons. But really, how is that different from anybody else in a public position getting fired or censured for what he said that embarassed their employer. Like this guy, for example... http://news.msn.com/us/professor-put-on ... t-shooting

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Odd, I can't recall the NRA and its drones ever speaking up when their side says the same kind of thing about Pelosi, Obama, etc.

There is one difference - an isolated tweet in the heat of the moment does not compare to the mission the police chief made of sharing his outrageous views.
It doesn't compare at all, but that's pretty much my point. People lose their jobs all the time for far less than the chief did, and many of them are not in nearly the same positions of authority or public eye. Some Big Brother contestants this season got fired from their real life jobs for racist type comments made on the show. Examples abound. But you still have the loons who think the chief not only did nothing wrong, but is a fine example for all.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:
O Really wrote:...But you still have the loons who think the chief not only did nothing wrong, but is a fine example for all.
As bad as that is it doesn't bother me as much as the ones you mention that think he has an absolute right to do so without consequence. People have weird opinions but such ignorance of what free speech really means is inexcusable.
Legal "freedom of speech" applies only to whether the government can shut you up, and nothing to do with whether your neighbors can shun you, your employer can dump you, or your daughter can roll her eyes up into her skull. But when you're in a position where what you do represents or can be closely associated with, another entity (such as your employer) you should expect, and not be surprised when you get "dis-associated." That's often the price of your "freedom of speech," and a price that anyone wanting to rely on "freedom of speech" should be willing to pay. In the case of the chief, he gets a pass from the gun nuts only because he's a gun nut and guns always get cut slack. Suppose the same guy did the same rant except that it was about shooting Mexicans. You'd still get some supporters, but a lot fewer. Now, suppose the same guy did the same rant except in favor of NAMBLA. How many people do you think there would be who would defend his keeping his job based on "freedom of speech"? I'd guess very few.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I would have fired him after the first notice of his videos; he's a menace and should be banned to a place where there is an abundance of automatic weapons of high caliber but no ammunition. I feel his angst.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

How about a positive LEO story? The news piece doesn't tell us that my dear nephew tangled with a perp who shot his landlord, then lured the cops to a shopping center, where he was aiming for suicide by cop. Nor does it tell you about Mike's big heart, and all the everyday acts of kindness. No, I'm not proud. :clap:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=9255757
Se Non Ora, Quando?

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

k9nanny wrote:How about a positive LEO story?
You won't get a positive LEO story from these anti-cop, anti-government, pro-perversion, wops. There have been many stories of heroic or feely-warmy cop deeds, but you will find comments glorifying cop's mistakes or stupidity. Kudos to your nephew. :clap:
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

homerfobe
Ensign

Vrede wrote:
homerfobe wrote:anti-government,

You cons are far more anti-government.

pro-perversion,

You're the pervert that's obsessed with pedophilia.

wops.

"Wop" is a derogatory term for Italians. That we know of the only posters with Italian heritage here are two cons, Det.Thorn and Wneglia.Yep, homerfobe has screwed-up, again.

There have been many stories of heroic or feely-warmy cop deeds,

Ones we "wops" have posted about and you have not, not once.

I don't know about her heritage but k9nanny loves and frequently visits Italy. You just endorsed a "wop"-lover.
We can be sure that homerfobe will never apologize for his lie about us or his ugly "wops" and will never explain why he is the one that never ever posts a laudatory story about cops. He just doesn't have the stones or spine.
I'm obsessed with pedophila? What happened to my obsession with queers? Your mind is so f**ked up you can't keep a story straight. (see, I do have a bit more class than your pal Boatrocker). As far as laudatory posts, I'm not interested. So what did I lie about that you should receive an apology? You screwed up again.

homerfobe
Ensign

Spoiler:
Damn. You've hurt my feelings.

O Really
Admiral

There are far more positive stories about law enforcement personnel than "bad apple" or "idiot" stories. That's why the "bad apple" ones are news or of other interest. That doesn't mean somebody who criticizes a cop for shooting a guy's dog or keeping illegal drugs in his locker hates cops, though.

Good story, K9!

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

homerfobe wrote: I'm obsessed with pedophila . . . my obsession with queers . . . mind is so f**ked up . . . can't keep . . . straight . . . I'm . . . interested . . . I lie about . . . you . . . screwed up again.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

homerfobe
Ensign

Boatrocker wrote:
homerfobe wrote: I'm obsessed with pedophila . . . my obsession with queers . . . mind is so f**ked up . . . can't keep . . . straight . . . I'm . . . interested . . . I lie about . . . you . . . screwed up again.
Boatrocker wrote:
Vrede wrote:
homerfobe wrote: I wouldn't know...
Rare honesty, it describes most of your posts. Your insight is indeed good news.
homerfobe wrote: . . . spits out . . . didn't come . . . hand them . . . .
Damn, you're right. He is seriously obsessed. It just don't come any more latent.
Awwww...ain't that cute! Vrede's got a Mini-Me. Can't think any original thoughts himself so he mirrors his hero's posts. He's even learned Vrede's art of breaking up sentences to obscure the real wording. Gosh, Buttsmoocher, how long did it take you to graduate 3rd. grade? I bet you're the pride and joy of the special ed class.

homerfobe
Ensign

Spoiler:
Damn. You've hurt my feelings. Again.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Again:
Vrede wrote:I doubt it, people like you with no stones or spine can't be expected to feel shame for their screw-ups - at least 18 of them with your "won't get a positive LEO story from" us lie.
I don't care about your feelings one way or another. Pointing out what a stupid, illiterate coward you are is good enough for me. The Navy is well rid of you.
I'm guessing Homo is a Village People fan? www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

O Really
Admiral

Ironic that Village People were used for Navy recruiting while some of them wouldn't have been allowed in.

Where can you find pleasure
Search the world for treasure
Learn science technology
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
On the land or on the sea
Where can you learn to fly
Play in sports and skin dive
Study oceanography
Or sit in the grandstand
When your team and others meet

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

They want you, they want you
They want you as a new recruit

If you like adventure
Don't you wait to enter
The recruiting office fast
Don't you hesitate
There is no need to wait
They're signing up new seamen fast
Maybe you are too young
To join up today
Bout don't you worry 'bout a thing
For I'm sure there will be
Always a good navy
Protecting the land and sea

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

Who me?

But, but but I'm afraid of water.
Hey, hey look
Man, I get seasick even watchin' it on TV!

They want you, they want you in the navy

Oh my goodness.
What am I gonna do in a submarine?

They want you, they want you in the navy

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Open door.......nobody home......Oh well....shucks!

More Police Funnies

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:
:lol: :lol: :oops:

Don't do dat! Don't do dat!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

The other day a guy who failed to register as a sex offender ran out of his house from the Buncombe County deputies who were there to serve a warrant on him....so he runs into the woods out back and shoots "at close range" at the deputies with a bow and arrow. The deputies shot and killed him on the spot. I suspect this is the same guy that brings a knife to a gunfight. Now we'll never know. Tragic.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Off-duty Columbia Police officer charged with assault.

Some serious dumbassery. Even the bar patrons tried to intervene, and the Columbia, SC police who arrived on the scene busted him and let the soldier go.
Good cops cleaning up after a bad one.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

homerfobe
Ensign

O Really
Admiral

Thanks for your contribution on a topic other than, umm, you know.
Here's what I found interesting the the article of what appears to be egregious misbehavior, certainly liable for investigation, good chance of being found way into the wrong. And yet, predictably, a knee-jerk right wing yahoo chirps up right away in comments with, "This is what happens when you keep giving the government more and more power. The American government has no fear of the people and will continue to do what ever they want. Stop !!! voting in laws that give the government more power!!" As if "the government" had sometime or another passed a law allowing local cops to shoot mentally challenged people at will. Damn, no wonder teabaggers get elected.