Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"Or option 2: You weren't going for anything that makes logical sense. I mean that's religion... but I just thought you were throwing out a new idea I hadn't heard about before."
Either you're stringing me along or just plain baiting ... I don't know how else to explain to you. I'm stopping here.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Senate Republicans are rushing to ram through Trump’s extremist pro-corporate Supreme Court pick.

Petition to the Senate:
Donald Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court is a right-wing extremist who consistently sides with big corporations over ordinary Americans. The deck is already stacked enough in favor of powerful corporations without entrenching a pro-corporate majority on the Supreme Court for a generation. Please support the filibuster to block Neil Gorsuch from being confirmed to the Supreme Court.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

neoplacebo wrote: "Ah, counselor, you have to be a Doctor of Divinity to even begin to understand this stuff. I myself once considered becoming one after I saw an ad on the inside cover of a matchbook.....all that was required was to fill in your information on the incredibly small lines for name, address, etc. and send that off with ten dollars and just wait for the official certificate to arrive (allow six weeks for delivery, it said) but after managing to get my info on the matchbook, all of a sudden the whole g*** book of matches caught fire with a vengeance, thus dashing my hopes of being sanctified and certified."
:lol: That'll teach you to even think about competing with Pat Robertson.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:
bannination wrote: "Or are you saying that in the beginning there was already "stuff" around?"
Read Genesis Chapter one and decide for yourself.
"There was "stuff" around, including water was already there. And since humans weren't created until the 6th "day" most everything else had been developed by the time they came along. Substitute something like "eon" for "day" and as a brief summary description of the evolution of Earth isn't that bad for a writing several thousand years ago. It's the ones who insist a "day" in the Bible is 24 hours that causes the problem for everyone."
That's what I attempted to explain; thanks. Let's say I begin to put a large puzzle together. (I hate puzzles) I pour out the thousand or so pieces in a pile, and attempt to assemble them together. I manage to get the four borders completed, and I stop there; that was the first day. I can't get right back to it, but I managed some time several days later, whereupon I finish one corner then stop there. That was the second day of my working on the puzzle .... and so on. Maybe a year later, I finish the puzzle, but I only spent a total of seven days on it ...

"And it's not like there aren't other mis-characterizations in that version of the history of Earth. I'm pretty sure we've seen the Biblical description of the sun and moon to be erroneous."
Some may have -- in their minds, but I believe we really don't know for absolutely sure. Biblical scholars for centuries seemed to have been satisfied. Man doubts and debunks what he doesn't understand; I'm no different.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:Man doubts and debunks what he doesn't understand; I'm no different.
The problem for those who deal in faith alone - whether religion, medical scams or "free energy" devices: Man doubts and debunks what he DOES understand.

Bill O'Reilly, trying to show proof of a god's existence, said "Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that." But we DO understand it. We CAN explain it. And have done so for centuries.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ummm, if one is able to competently debunk then s/he does understand, duh.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

MrB wrote:
Read Genesis Chapter one and decide for yourself.

Then read Chapters 2 and 3.
In 1, male and female were created in his image. He told them to "be fruitful and multiply."

Chapter 2, Adam is created out of dust, and only then were animals created.

With Chapter 3 comes sanctioned misogyny, and multiplying is a curse.

i will greatly multiply your pain and your conception; in pain you shall bring forth children, and you shall be dependent on your husband, and he shall rule over you.

The creation myths of other religions use the same scenario, adding solid ground to the pre-existing waters. The Tree of Life is a widespread tradition.
Other religions have a cataclysmic flood tradition, and other religions have a god born savior.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:
"And it's not like there aren't other mis-characterizations in that version of the history of Earth. I'm pretty sure we've seen the Biblical description of the sun and moon to be erroneous."
Some may have -- in their minds, but I believe we really don't know for absolutely sure. Biblical scholars for centuries seemed to have been satisfied. Man doubts and debunks what he doesn't understand; I'm no different.
Nope, not in their minds. In absolute, see it, photograph it, walk on it physical reality. The moon is not a "light."
Genesis 1:16... And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

The light of the night is just reflected light of the day source. Now I have no problem with the idea that the people who wrote and/or edited Genesis may not have known much about the sun, moon, stars, or earth. May very well have bee flat-earth people. Might have thought thunder was the gods bowling. Who knows? Point is, accepting that what is written could be wrong in fact but right in principle is better than trying to claim what is written is right in fact and thus destroying any principle.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

O Really wrote:
The light of the night is just reflected light of the day source. Now I have no problem with the idea that the people who wrote and/or edited Genesis may not have known much about the sun, moon, stars, or earth. May very well have bee flat-earth people. Might have thought thunder was the gods bowling. Who knows? Point is, accepting that what is written could be wrong in fact but right in principle is better than trying to claim what is written is right in fact and thus destroying any principle.
There's an interesting book regarding fact and principle.
Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism, by John Shelby Spong.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

I think I just have a problem with an omnipotent being putting his stamp of approval on a work of literature that's supposed to represent "himself" with words in it that don't mean what "he" said.

Mr. B for example is telling me that this magic being's own words do not mean what "he" said they mean.

If I'm an omnipotent being that doesn't want to prove my existence, I'm for damn sure going to leave a clear instruction manual behind if I'm threatening to murder every single one of you (FOR ETERNITY) for not following the instructions correctly.

I mean, maybe I'd write something like the bible or 500 other religious bibles if I were a narcissistic evil god that just sits back and hopes he gets to murder everyone because I intentionally tricked them.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

k9nanny wrote:"With Chapter 3 comes sanctioned misogyny, and multiplying is a curse."

"I will greatly multiply your pain and your conception; in pain you shall bring forth children, and you shall be dependent on your husband, and he shall rule over you."
One out of two worked; misogyny is the buzz-word of the liberal and the God-haters; however if a man was to attempt childbirth, I imagine his pain would be "greatly multiplied" a whole heck of a lot more than that of a woman ... not to say that so many "men" nowadays aren't mimicking the woman by trying to take their place.

Inasmuch as God gave man control over his own destiny, I suppose that's why so many men aren't the head of their household, and divorce is so commonplace ... so many men nowadays ain't man enough to be the man of his household.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr.B wrote:
k9nanny wrote:"With Chapter 3 comes sanctioned misogyny, and multiplying is a curse."

"I will greatly multiply your pain and your conception; in pain you shall bring forth children, and you shall be dependent on your husband, and he shall rule over you."
One out of two worked; misogyny is the buzz-word of the liberal and the God-haters; however if a man was to attempt childbirth, I imagine his pain would be "greatly multiplied" a whole heck of a lot more than that of a woman ... not to say that so many "men" nowadays aren't mimicking the woman by trying to take their place.

Inasmuch as God gave man control over his own destiny, I suppose that's why so many men aren't the head of their household, and divorce is so commonplace ... so many men nowadays ain't man enough to be the man of his household.

Just about spat all over my monitor, thanks for the laugh Mr. B.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B obviously doesn't believe God is omnipotent. And if God's not omnipotent, it's not God.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"Just about spat all over my monitor, thanks for the laugh Mr. B."
Glad you liked it; here's another...

http://9gag.com/tv/p/aQe7nL/labor-pain- ... -hilarious

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:"Mr.B obviously doesn't believe God is omnipotent. And if God's not omnipotent, it's not God."
Say what...?

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Mr.B wrote:

Misogyny is a figment of the liberal and God hater's imagination? Spoken like a true white guy who thinks our equality is his oppression.
You are being specious, as usual, in your response.

Read your Bible and look around you. Where do you think the Baptists and Catholics got their notion that women shouldn't preach? As I've said before, it's fear disguised by Biblical directives to keep 'em barefoot and pregnant.

I notice you don't say God gives woman control over her destiny. It's sad that too many women aren't women enough to kick the bastards among you to the curb.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

k9nanny wrote:"Where do you think the Baptists and Catholics got their notion that women shouldn't preach?"
It comes from the same notion that the man is the head of the house, also the head of the church.
Man is not to take direction from the woman; however man is to treat his wife with respect and love her, and defend her; with his life if necessary.
The Bible calls a woman "the weaker vessel"; to be protected by her man. Given the direction that many "men" are going today, that is a joke.
If a man can't/won't respect his wife, he is not fit to be a leader; either in his house or the church.

"As I've said before, it's fear disguised by Biblical directives to keep 'em barefoot and pregnant."
As you said ... you and many more; centuries before your time. I've never known any man, in or out of my church life, that harbored those feelings. Those words are the undisguised rantings of silly old wives tales and jokes, not Biblical directives.

"I notice you don't say God gives woman control over her destiny."
When the Bible speaks of "man", it means 'mankind'. God gave (mankind) over to a reprobate mind.(free will)

"It's sad that too many women aren't women enough to kick the bastards among you to the curb."
Spit and fume all you want ... you'll not change a thing. The Bible was here before we were born, and it'll be here long after the worms have eaten our dead flesh.

What's sad is what I've already mentioned. Given the direction that many "men" are going today, the ones who shun a woman for another of the same sex is the bastard; Biblically speaking. A real man will love the woman he betrothed himself to and keep her all their days, forsaking all others, and a real man will take steps to keep his marriage when serious problems arise. That being said, next month I will have been married 49 years, so I suppose I'm doing something right.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Since I posted at 10:37 am this morning, exactly 200 views of this thread were tallied .... but nobody's joinin' ...
(dang busy-bots!)
bannination wrote: ''...somebody's reading''

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

The Bible calls a woman "the weaker vessel"; to be protected by her man. Given the direction that many "men" are going today, that is a joke
It's that weaker vessel nonsense that is a joke.
That's the doctrine of men, formulated to subjugate women to fit their needs.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

One of many nut job Facebook groups., followed by a post from a female member.
image.jpeg
Attachments
image.jpeg
Se Non Ora, Quando?