Trump on Trial

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump on Trial

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:36 pm
Is he threatening Jack Smith and potential witnesses?

Yes GoCubsGo, and yes Ron. Lock him up now. At least seize TRE45QN's passport and airplane.

Not a comprehensive list, but a biting one:

Fact-Checking the Defenses of Trump After His Latest Indictment
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Jail time for Donald before trial?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:36 pm
Is he threatening Jack Smith and potential witnesses?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2tz1XcWEAA ... ame=medium

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 8631439360
People Aren't Buying Donald Trump's Explanation For 'I'm Coming After You!' Post
The ex-president's team gave a questionable defense for his ominous warning after he appeared in court for conspiracy charges related to the 2020 election.

Trying to sell a bridge there.
Somebody got a call from his lawyers.
Yeah... that argument would be a lot more compelling if this weren't the post immediately preceding the threat one.
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 4321227364
Those around him realized how serious this was, but couldn't persuade him to delete or explain, so they put this out is my guess. Doubt the judge will buy this excuse unless he comes out himself and disavows.
Sure, OK, yeah, we all believe that. 😉
More tweets at the link.

Stupid begets stupid:

Greg Gutfeld Suggests Trump Can Destroy Surveillance Video For Dumbfounding Reason
The Fox News host gave a jaw-dropping take on new charges alleging that Trump ordered the deletion of incriminating footage.

Greg doesn’t know how evidence works. “Like if they’re YOUR clothes with blood on them, and there’s an open investigation into your missing spouse, why can’t YOU throw YOUR own clothes away? What a witch hunt.”
This blood-soaked knife? What's wrong with that? It's *my* knife. Why can't I throw it away? I don't understand that.
Finally, not direct responses to Gutfield:

Last edited by Vrede too on Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

LOL

Judge ain't buying it either.

Another busy weekend for trump attorneys .

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:27 pm
LOL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2yG7JXXYAA ... name=large
Note: No content changed with the editing above. I just got rid of redundant Xes. X no longer shows me the X being replied to even though it's actually embedded in the X I go to paste. :x

Also not buying it:
Ex-White House Press Secretary Says She's 'Nervous' Following Trump's 'Chilling' Post
"How is that not intimidation?" asked former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham about Trump's Truth Social post on Friday.

Stephanie Grisham, a White House press secretary under former President Donald Trump, said her ex-boss’ “chilling” Truth Social post made her “nervous” and declared that it should make other Trump critics feel similarly on Friday.

Grisham, who also served as a chief of staff to former First Lady Melania Trump, weighed in after the former president wrote “IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!” on his social media platform.

“Well, I think it’s chilling. Legally, it doesn’t seem like it’s very smart. But how is that not intimidation? And, you know, what other people are going to take a message from that?” Grisham told CNN’s Brianna Keilar on Friday.

“As we have seen and heard, people really believe that Donald Trump sent them to the Capitol and people really felt like hours later when he said to stop, they listened.”

... “Does someone have to get hurt before people take this kind of online intimidation seriously?” Grisham said.

“The people, and I know he’s pointing out the prosecutors, but you know as somebody who gets death threats every other day, it makes me nervous. It should make anybody who’s ever spoken out against him nervous. And that’s a lot of people.” ...
Is it witness intimidation if a witness says that she's intimidated?

Lock him up without internet access now!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:53 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
LOL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2yG7JXXYAA ... name=large
Note: No content changed with the editing above. I just got rid of redundant Xes. X no longer shows me the X being replied to even though it's actually embedded in the X I go to paste. :x

I'm not sure what all that means.

Also not buying it:
Ex-White House Press Secretary Says She's 'Nervous' Following Trump's 'Chilling' Post
"How is that not intimidation?" asked former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham about Trump's Truth Social post on Friday.

Stephanie Grisham, a White House press secretary under former President Donald Trump, said her ex-boss’ “chilling” Truth Social post made her “nervous” and declared that it should make other Trump critics feel similarly on Friday.

Grisham, who also served as a chief of staff to former First Lady Melania Trump, weighed in after the former president wrote “IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!” on his social media platform.

“Well, I think it’s chilling. Legally, it doesn’t seem like it’s very smart. But how is that not intimidation? And, you know, what other people are going to take a message from that?” Grisham told CNN’s Brianna Keilar on Friday.

“As we have seen and heard, people really believe that Donald Trump sent them to the Capitol and people really felt like hours later when he said to stop, they listened.”

... “Does someone have to get hurt before people take this kind of online intimidation seriously?” Grisham said.

“The people, and I know he’s pointing out the prosecutors, but you know as somebody who gets death threats every other day, it makes me nervous. It should make anybody who’s ever spoken out against him nervous. And that’s a lot of people.” ...
Is it witness intimidation if a witness says that she's intimidated?

Lock him up without internet access now!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:08 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Yeah, I wondered if it was going to make sense. Sorry.
It used to be that when I opened a tweet I would see that tweet plus the tweet it responded to, along with further tweets in the conversation.
I had no way to erase the original tweet, so I knew that it would post along with the tweet I opened if I went to post the tweet I opened here. Fine, if I didn't want to keep posting the original tweet I would just copy and paste the text from the tweet I opened as I've now done above.
Now, X is just showing me one X, not the ongoing conversation and not the X it responded to. So, it looks to me like I can just post lone Xes, but in reality I'm post them along with the original X. If I'm trying to post multiple responses to that original X, I end up also posting that original X over and over.
Hence, I had to declutter by going back and replacing all the Xes that I tried to post directly with the copied and pasted text from them.
:angry-banghead: Fuck you, Elon.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:19 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:08 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Yeah, I wondered if it was going to make sense. Sorry.
It used to be that when I opened a tweet I would see that tweet plus the tweet it responded to, along with further tweets in the conversation.
I had no way to erase the original tweet, so I knew that it would post along with the tweet I opened if I went to post the tweet I opened here. Fine, if I didn't want to keep posting the original tweet I would just copy and paste the text from the tweet I opened as I've now done above.
Now, X is just showing me one X, not the ongoing conversation and not the X it responded to. So, it looks to me like I can just post lone Xes, but in reality I'm post them along with the original X. If I'm trying to post multiple responses to that original X, I end up also posting that original X over and over.
Hence, I had to declutter by going back and replacing all the Xes that I tried to post directly with the copied and pasted text from them.
:angry-banghead: Fuck you, Elon.
Ah, from the no account thing.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Judge ain't playing.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Cheetohead may see the inside of a jail cell sooner than we think.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:45 pm

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/ ... 1920669696
Full lying, moronic whine from TRE45QN:

:roll: Lock him up!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:55 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:45 pm

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/ ... 1920669696
Full lying, moronic whine from TRE45QN:

:roll: Lock him up!
I don't think he thinks it could happen.

I hope he's wrong.

But the wingnuts really would go wild.

I don't know, maybe that needs to happen and get a bunch more locked up.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Do to him same as Germany did to his grandfather

Exile
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

If she's not outright in the bag for Donald then she's just not up to the job.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Well, this is depressing.

"More than half of Americans believe Trump tried to stay in office illegally: poll"

Only 51%? Seriously? We're effin' doomed.
The new CBS News poll found that 51 percent of Americans think that Trump tried to stay in office beyond his term through “illegal and unconstitutional” means. Twenty-nine percent said he tried to stay in office using legal means and 20 percent said the former president did not attempt to stay in office.

The poll was conducted after Trump was indicted on four federal charges related to his alleged efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-half-am ... 16397.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:12 pm
Well, this is depressing.

"More than half of Americans believe Trump tried to stay in office illegally: poll"

Only 51%? Seriously? We're effin' doomed.
The new CBS News poll found that 51 percent of Americans think that Trump tried to stay in office beyond his term through “illegal and unconstitutional” means. Twenty-nine percent said he tried to stay in office using legal means and 20 percent said the former president did not attempt to stay in office.

The poll was conducted after Trump was indicted on four federal charges related to his alleged efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-half-am ... 16397.html
"20 percent said the former president did not attempt to stay in office."

:headscratch: :wtf: :headscratch: :wtf: :headscratch: :wtf:

Judge dismisses Trump's defamation claim against E. Jean Carroll
:---P :happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This will convince the judge fer sure.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
LOL

Well, did he respond?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:58 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
LOL

Well, did he respond?
Yes, just before the deadline.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:58 pm

Well, did he respond?
Part of it is what I posted above. ⬆️⬆️