Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:28 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:09 am
Did you find out if you were Delta or Omicron?
Nope. I took a test at CVS that gave results within a few hours. It didn't mention the strain.
Most likely Delta. You would have been a very early Omicron.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Coronavirus: he was worse than we knew

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Billy,

That is a fantastic link. It clearly shows how Trump blew it big time and the deaths of thousands of Americans are on his bloody hands.

If you don't mind, I'd like to post that link over at LNF. OK?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump's Handling of COVID Was Worse Than You Thought.
Someone ought to go to jail.

Here's the article's source:
Dec 17, 2021 Press Release
Select Subcommittee Releases Further Evidence of Trump Officials’ Pursuit of ‘Herd Immunity’ Strategy, Interference in Public Health

Today, the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis released a year-end staff report titled, “More Effective, More Efficient, More Equitable: Overseeing an Improving & Ongoing Pandemic Response.” The staff report documents key findings from the Select Subcommittee’s investigations, hearings, and other oversight activities throughout 2021. The report also contains new findings from the Select Subcommittee’s ongoing investigations, including further evidence of the Trump Administration’s relentless prioritization of politics over Americans’ public health and failure to effectively administer pandemic relief programs.

... Click here to see emails released today.

Click here to see new excerpts from transcribed interviews with Dr. Deborah Birx, Dr. Anne Schuchat, and Dr. Jay Butler.
MORE EFFECTIVE
MORE EFFICIENT
MORE EQUITABLE

YEAR-END STAFF REPORT
Overseeing an Improving &
Ongoing Pandemic Response

As for your link,
The Bulwark (website)

The Bulwark is an American anti-Trump conservative and center-right news and opinion website founded in 2018 by commentators Charlie Sykes and Bill Kristol. Its publisher is Sarah Longwell. While it launched as a news aggregator, it was revamped into a news and opinion site using key digital staffers from the defunct magazine The Weekly Standard.
I appreciate the courage it takes to be a Never Trumper and that they're sharing excerpts from the Select Subcommittee's report, but I'll never completely trust any Repubs.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

This is public health?

Run away?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

N.C. police chief T.J. told his cops where they could get fake vaccination cards.

I'm not sure that we even have these "clinics" in Florida.

Sure would be interesting to know if the clinic was shut down, if doctors lost licenses, or if anyone was arrested.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/23/us/north ... index.html
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:13 pm
N.C. police chief T.J. told his cops where they could get fake vaccination cards.

I'm not sure that we even have these "clinics" in Florida.

Sure would be interesting to know if the clinic was shut down, if doctors lost licenses, or if anyone was arrested.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/23/us/north ... index.html
A North Carolina police chief has been placed on unpaid leave and probation for telling officers about a "clinic" that would issue them a Covid-19 vaccination card without actually receiving the shot, local officials said.

T.J. Smith -- the police chief of Oakboro Town, North Carolina -- violated policies including, fraud, willful acts that endanger the property of others and serving a conflicting interest when he allegedly told officers about the scheme, according to a letter addressed to him from Town Administrator Doug Burgess....
:---P I had to look it up. About 2hr 46min, 148mi from me by car.

(Quarterback) Joe Burrow: Bengals avoiding COVID-19 surge because ‘there’s not a ton to do in Cincinnati’

:o :lol:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Oakboro - looks like it's just down the road from East Bumphuck, only smaller. 1,800 people. How many Barney cops do they need?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think I will send them an email asking if they want to buy some heroin.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Has anyone else noticed that "superspreader event" has largely fallen out of the media vernacular? Is this self-censorship because they're too common to note, or because event sponsors were objecting to being held accountable?
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Well... GOLLEEEE!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:40 pm
Has anyone else noticed that "superspreader event" has largely fallen out of the media vernacular? Is this self-censorship because they're too common to note, or because event sponsors were objecting to being held accountable?
I think more the former, although I wouldn't characterize it as self censorship, just commonplace and unsurprising.

Of course the term was popularized by Dolt 45 at the White House parties and winter is just starting to arrive in earnest.

Wait about a week after New year's eve and it'll pop up again.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:02 pm
(signature: thread-abusing :crybaby: gibberish)
viewtopic.php?p=152492#p152492
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:22 pm
Ulysses wrote:
You posed a legitimate question.
Baffled as to the point of his post.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:35 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:22 pm
Ulysses wrote:
You posed a legitimate question.
Baffled as to the point of his post.
Useless is pointless.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/ ... -show.html

"Safe, low-cost antidepressant pill prevents COVID-19 patients from developing severe symptoms, studies show"

"A safe, well-established antidepressant pill has proven effective at heading off severe COVID-19 cases, recent studies indicate.

Fluvoxamine dramatically reduced the risk of hospitalization for study participants who began the treatment at home soon after infection and completed the course, clinical-trial results show.

“A major victory for drug repurposing!” Emory University School of Medicine’s Dr. Vikas Sukhatme told the journal Nature in an email last month. “Fluvoxamine treatment should be adopted for those at high risk for deterioration who are not vaccinated or cannot receive monoclonal antibodies."'

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:12 am
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/ ... -show.html

"Safe, low-cost antidepressant pill prevents COVID-19 patients from developing severe symptoms, studies show"

"A safe, well-established antidepressant pill has proven effective at heading off severe COVID-19 cases, recent studies indicate.

Fluvoxamine dramatically reduced the risk of hospitalization for study participants who began the treatment at home soon after infection and completed the course, clinical-trial results show.

“A major victory for drug repurposing!” Emory University School of Medicine’s Dr. Vikas Sukhatme told the journal Nature in an email last month. “Fluvoxamine treatment should be adopted for those at high risk for deterioration who are not vaccinated or cannot receive monoclonal antibodies."'
Great news, Billy.

So now I'm wondering on when the docs will start prescribing anti-psychotics for the anti-vaxxers... ;-)

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Ouch.
Not that I have ever been on a cruise or will ever go on a cruise....

Seems like a herd thinning opportunity.

CDC: 'Avoid cruise travel, regardless of vaccination status'

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

A former GF served on a cruise ship in the Mediterranean. Decades ago. She seemed to have liked it, but then she was getting paid.