Just for Fun

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Vrede too »

Quarantine Yoga with Matt

Yep, that would be yoga Matt. :wave:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:05 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:42 am
Odysseus wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:14 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:06 pm
Here's one for ya' Limey -
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/roy ... &ocid=iehp

"What do you mean, locked out of my castle - I'm the fuckin' Queen of England, you miserable twit!"
Maybe she just forgot to say the secret word?

Memories. I was too young to understand a lot of it but we loved the Jack Benny show - racism and all.

It's too bad that a lot of really good entertainment from the 50s, 60s and earlier includes so much racially insensitive and downright mean spirited material.

Greats like Jack didn't need the racist material to be funny, too bad racism was such a casual part of everyday life that it tainted so much.
Except this clip was from "You Bet Your LIfe", a Groucho show, not the Jack Benny show.

True, but that was still Jack by invitation. I loved them both, insensivities and all, but then I was 8.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Sammy Davis joined in on the racially insensitive trend when he went to play golf and was asked about his handicap. He said "what - isn't being a one-eyed Black Jew enough?"

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:04 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:57 pm
Sammy Davis joined in on the racially insensitive trend when he went to play golf and was asked about his handicap. He said "what - isn't being a one-eyed Black Jew enough?"
He did what he could - or had to - to stay in the game.
Not long ago, I saw Sammy on an episode of "The Rifleman." I think the show was from MCMLIX (1959). He played a fake gunfighter; all show and no go.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Islam won.

ImageImage
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida Governor Deploys National Guard To Force Residents Back Into Malls, Movie Theaters

TALLAHASSEE, FL—Proclaiming that he simply could not allow people to remain in their homes any longer, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Thursday he had deployed the National Guard to force state residents back into shopping malls, movie theaters, restaurants, and other public spaces. “Today I have ordered both the Army and Air National Guards to do whatever is necessary to ensure every person in the Sunshine State is fully participating in this economy,” said DeSantis, who issued a new directive making it illegal for the total number of shoppers in a Bed, Bath, and Beyond to dip below 90% of fire code capacity, or for anyone to refuse to attend sold-out screenings of Trolls World Tour. “As governor, it is my duty to preserve the Florida we all know and love by requiring our 21 million residents to break quarantine so they can once again eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and shop at Aéropostale. Effective immediately, we will also be authorizing members of the reserve force to employ a variety of nonlethal and lethal methods to compel Floridians to frequent hair salons, roller rinks, and trampoline parks.” At press time, reports confirmed an F-16 from the 159th Fighter Squadron had dropped a bomb on citizens in a Jacksonville Sunglass Hut who had refused to try on the latest in Ray-Bans.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Who is this?
When was the picture taken?

Spoiler:
Demi Moore
Yesterday
https://news.yahoo.com/demi-moore-prove ... 42881.html
I have no opinion on whether it was retouched.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:35 pm
Who is this?
When was the picture taken?

Spoiler:
Demi Moore
Yesterday
https://news.yahoo.com/demi-moore-prove ... 42881.html
I have no opinion on whether it was retouched.
That's pre boob job. Probably from the 80's.
Demi Moore is simply stunning. The 57-year-old actress and mom of three took to Instagram Friday showing off her physique from what may be decades ago although it very well could have been yesterday -- in this 80’s inspired photo Demi is wearing a black and white striped one-piece and if you would have told us it was from yesterday, we would have believed you.
I was heading home from work one day in 1985, got off the EL and they were filming this scene of About Last Night at a local pub. Have to admit, I did not know what they were filming or who Demi Moore was. I thought the redhead was the hot one.

Great movie, pretty much personified my 80's experience in Chicago (as much as a movie can), it was a wild time. I had to move to the burbs for survival.
Jim Belushi was kick ass.

Last edited by GoCubsGo on Fri May 22, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

My bad, I guess I misunderstood. :oops:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:01 pm
My bad, I guess I misunderstood. :oops:
No sweat, I edited my post to tell my "Demi" story.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:56 pm
... I was heading home from work one day in 1985, got off the EL and they were filming this scene of About Last Night at a local pub. Have to admit, I did not know what they were filming or who Demi Moore was. I thought the redhead was the hot one.

Great movie, pretty much personified my 80's experience in Chicago (as much as a movie can), it was a wild time. I had to move to the burbs for survival.
Jim Belushi was kick ass.
It's on here regularly, but I haven't watched it due to so-so ratings. Next time, thanks.

I was an extra in Final Analysis. I ended up on the cutting room floor and never even saw Kim Basinger and Uma Thurman. :(
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

They need to take an Avengers lesson to refine their look.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Good comments. Useful ones:
Her name is Johnniqua Charles. Her sister made an IG page for her, @getthisdance . Lol ♥️ I’m gonna look for the other video now. 😭 Thanks. This song has been stuck in my head. 😂 🔥
In addition to the GoFundMe her family set up she also has a cash app set up for her as well I wasn't able to donate much but I think any little bit will assist. This woman needs a record deal!! $getthisdanc
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:15 pm
Good comments. Useful ones:
Her name is Johnniqua Charles. Her sister made an IG page for her, @getthisdance . Lol ♥️ I’m gonna look for the other video now. 😭 Thanks. This song has been stuck in my head. 😂 🔥
In addition to the GoFundMe her family set up she also has a cash app set up for her as well I wasn't able to donate much but I think any little bit will assist. This woman needs a record deal!! $getthisdanc
The song has become the unofficial anthem of the protests.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

He vowed to ‘tap-dance at midnight’ to provoke his MAGA neighbor — and the money’s pouring in

It didn’t take long for the joke at President Trump’s, and at least one Ohio backer’s, expense to spread across social media, with one tweet garnering about half a million likes in a matter of days.

Jett Croisant was the man behind the sign. He told BuzzFeed News that he “did it for the humor” and really didn’t expect much to come of it. But since Twitter TWTR, +1.52% took it for a spin, he said he’s racked up more than $10,000 in donations, and the money is still pouring in.

“This is amazing,” Croisant explained, adding that he’s received tap shoes in addition to the money. “Every two to three seconds, I was getting Venmo’d money. It didn’t slow down until Friday. Today it’s picked up again, and donations are starting to get bigger. The biggest donation I’ve gotten is $50 a couple of times.”

He said he’s planning to donate all the funds to the ACLU, and is targeting the end of the week for his midnight tap dance....
:lol: :---P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Not seeing this.