Just for Fun

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Whoa, finally.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:00 pm
Whoa, finally.
I cheated and went to the comments for a hint. There are some other pretty cool optical illusions there.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:23 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:00 pm
Whoa, finally.
I cheated and went to the comments for a hint. There are some other pretty cool optical illusions there.
Took me going to blurring my eyes, they popped in and out.

Saw those, cool ones!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:25 pm
Took me going to blurring my eyes, they popped in and out.

Saw those, cool ones!
I tried that and had even figured out where to look, but I still needed the hint to confirm it was the right place. I used to suck at those colorful hidden picture things that were faddish 20 years ago, too.

My MD is changing practices due to "administrative" issues. He was understandably vague about details. I commiserated citing my career in hospitals and sent him this:
Administratium
New chemical Element Discovered

The heaviest element known to science was recently discovered by investigators at a major U.S. research university. The element, tentatively named administratium, has no protons or electrons and thus has an atomic number of 0. However, it does have one neutron, 125 assistant neutrons, 75 vice neutrons and 111 assistant vice neutrons, which gives it an atomic mass of 312. These 312 particles are held together by a force that involves the continuous exchange of meson-like particles called morons.

Since it has no electrons, administratium is inert. However, it can be detected chemically as it impedes every reaction it comes in contact with. According to the discoverers, a minute amount of administratium causes one reaction to take over four days to complete when it would have normally occurred in less than a second.

Administratium has a normal half-life of approximately three years, at which time it does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which assistant neutrons, vice neutrons and assistant vice neutrons exchange places. Some studies have shown that the atomic mass actually increases after each reorganization.

Research at other laboratories indicates that administratium occurs naturally in the atmosphere. It tends to concentrate at certain points such as government agencies, large corporations, and universities. It can usually be found in the newest, best appointed, and best maintained buildings.

Scientists point out that administratium is known to be toxic at any level of concentration and can easily destroy any productive reaction where it is allowed to accumulate. Attempts are being made to determine how administratium can be controlled to prevent irreversible damage, but results to date are not promising.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Fun times in old New Jersey...

Remembering Action Park, New Jersey's Deranged Theme Park, "Where You're the Center of the Accident"
From 1978 to 1996, thrill-seekers from around the world flocked to Action Park, a "human zoo" where guests were injured nearly every hour. Andy Mulvihill, the owner's son, remembers the wave pool where a summer job became a struggle to keep people alive.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/b ... mulvihill/

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:53 pm

Remembering Action Park, New Jersey's Deranged Theme Park, "Where You're the Center of the Accident"
From 1978 to 1996, thrill-seekers from around the world flocked to Action Park, a "human zoo" where guests were injured nearly every hour. Andy Mulvihill, the owner's son, remembers the wave pool where a summer job became a struggle to keep people alive.

Better than keeping humans in a zoo (not so far removed)
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:58 pm
O Really wrote:

Sometimes when you go to the gorilla area, you have to wonder who exactly it is that's on display.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:

:lol: Thanks.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:02 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:58 pm
O Really wrote:

Sometimes when you go to the gorilla area, you have to wonder who exactly it is that's on display.
True dat
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:14 pm
O Really wrote:
True dat
I don't wonder. ;)

Performance To Empty Seats At Trump's July 4th Celebration Promptly Becomes A Meme
Reminds me of the time Obama booked Bruno Mars to sing Bruno Mars at the same event in 2015

Many more tweets at the link. :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:06 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:14 pm
O Really wrote:
True dat
I don't wonder. ;)

Performance To Empty Seats At Trump's July 4th Celebration Promptly Becomes A Meme
Reminds me of the time Obama booked Bruno Mars to sing Bruno Mars at the same event in 2015

Many more tweets at the link. :thumbup:
Put on your best khaki shorts and pastel colored polo shirt and do the hokey pokie and turn yourself around because it's time to party down!
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Found:
We were visiting NYC and my wife was attacked by a mime. He performed unspeakable acts.

:lol: I would love to do that to a busking mime!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Found:
Emojis are modern hieroglyphs.

:think:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

It looks like Iowa is covered in them.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:12 pm
It looks like Iowa is covered in them.
:lol: :thumbup: :clap:

Before the large scale migration from Egypt:

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Monica Lewinsky Wins The Internet With Best 'I Have A Joke' Tweet

The jury’s pretty much in that Monica Lewinsky just won the “I have a joke” competition now trending on Twitter — and it concerns her relationship as a White House intern with former President Bill Clinton that led to his impeachment for perjury.

The informal Twitter contest begins “I have a joke but ...” The humor comes in the explanation of why the joke won’t be revealed as in: “I have a prune joke, but it’s kind of dated.” Or “I have an astronomy joke, but might be over your head.” ...

It took me a couple of minutes. :o :lol: :!:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

She's freakin funny.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Check out this spherical house. I think it would be cool as shit to set up a whole neighborhood of these things.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/orb-shaped-t ... 00957.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:58 am
Check out this spherical house. I think it would be cool as shit to set up a whole neighborhood of these things.
Paint them different colors and in summer when the grass is green it'll look like a billiards table.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:21 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:58 am
Paint them different colors and in summer when the grass is green it'll look like a billiards table.
Yeah, nice. But I was thinking more along the lines of giant golf club replicas as windmills and giant golf score cards as solar collectors. :D