Just for Fun

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

**Warning** Do not watch with food in your mouth 👄!!

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:13 am
**Warning** Do not watch with food in your mouth 👄!!
:lol:

Scientists retract claim of finding tiniest dinosaur

A spectacular fossil skull preserved in a drop of amber is not from a tiny flying dinosaur but probably the remains of an ancient lizard, according to a retraction of the original research published in March....
The adjacent GEICO logo should have been a clue.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

It's a lot of clicking, but these old no-longer-acceptable ads are worth the effort. Commentary is often cheesy, but the ads are fun to see. Particularly now when people/companies are bashed severely for minor transgressions.

https://www.history-a2z.com/vintage-ads/2/?xcmg=1

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:01 pm
It's a lot of clicking, but these old no-longer-acceptable ads are worth the effort. Commentary is often cheesy, but the ads are fun to see. Particularly now when people/companies are bashed severely for minor transgressions.

https://www.history-a2z.com/vintage-ads/2/?xcmg=1
:lol:

Nttawwt.

You should show this one to Lady O:

:confusion-scratchheadblue:

We're so lucky that advertisers are more responsible now.

"unsafe, sexually suggestive" (article)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Almost as nutty as the real thing:

"TRUMP INTERVIEW" — A Bad Lip Reading
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Barbados to drop Queen Elizabeth II as head of state

Update: She's been replaced with . . .

Homegirl Rihanna.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:21 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:58 am
Check out this spherical house. I think it would be cool as shit to set up a whole neighborhood of these things.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/orb-shaped-t ... 00957.html
Paint them different colors and in summer when the grass is green it'll look like a billiards table.
An ideal beach home, especially if you lived just off the strand!
It's round shape would deflect the high winds from hurricanes, but I would want one-way glass for privacy areas.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Check out this spherical house. I think it would be cool as shit to set up a whole neighborhood of these things.
I watched this one go up on Pensacola Beach. NBC broadcast from the safe room during Ivan. Water was 10 to 15 ft deep around this house with storm surge waves. I don't think that there was any damage.

https://www.monolithic.org/news-feed/do ... e-for-sale
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:33 am
neoplacebo wrote:
I watched this one go up on Pensacola Beach. NBC broadcast from the safe room during Ivan. Water was 10 to 15 ft deep around this house with storm surge waves. I don't think that there was any damage.
Interesting, to say the least. I can see water-tight glass and door installation, but the garage doors would be questionable. Also, I would think the design of the front would capture high-force hurricane wind gusts that could blow out the glass and/or doors, but what do I know!
Listing price: $999,000 -- 3,202 square feet -- 4 bedrooms -- 3 bathrooms

Edit: I just checked it out on Google Earth, It's a block off the Gulf front with a large house between it and the Gulf. That would afford some protection, however, if I were going to lay out some serious cash for a house like that, I would want a Gulf/ocean front lot with the round side of the house facing away from the water.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:25 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Interesting, to say the least. I can see water-tight glass and door installation, but the garage doors would be questionable. Also, I would think the design of the front would capture high-force hurricane wind gusts that could blow out the glass and/or doors, but what do I know!

Edit: I just checked it out on Google Earth, It's a block off the Gulf front with a large house between it and the Gulf. That would afford some protection, however, if I were going to lay out some serious cash for a house like that, I would want a Gulf/ocean front lot with the round side of the house facing away from the water.
Idk, but I'd guess that the garages and space between them are a sacrificial zone to storm surge, and that the glasswork all has storm shutters. I'm not sure that the orientation matters - winds blow from the opposite direction on the opposite side of the eye wall.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:41 pm
Idk, but I'd guess that the garages and space between them are a sacrificial zone to storm surge, and that the glasswork all has storm shutters. I'm not sure that the orientation matters - winds blow from the opposite direction on the opposite side of the eye wall.
Like I said, what do I know!

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:

Damn, for that kind of money you could get a 2BR 975 sf condo in La Jolla with a limited ocean view.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:41 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Vrede is right. Building code doesn't allow anything on grade and all grade level walls and doors are designed to blow out.

The entire island was under 10 to 15 feet of water for about 8 hours. It didn't matter what was between you and where the Gulf was. Damages were compared to structures being in a washing machine.

This dome house fared better than any other.

We lost our grade level storage, entry, carport ceiling, all of the T-111 siding, all soffit, fascia and over 1,200 SF of carport concrete slab and still had less damage than most.

The wind can come from any direction, it depends on the location of the eye.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:25 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Damn, for that kind of money you could get a 2BR 975 sf condo in La Jolla with a limited ocean view.
Yeah, but ...

O Really
Admiral

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Day, Happy Indigenous People Day (depending on where you live) Boo on Columbus Day for the rest.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:02 pm
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Day, Happy Indigenous People Day (depending on where you live) Boo on Columbus Day for the rest.
Happy all of the above and wasssssup? Columbus Day.....the only thing it means to me is that there's no mail. Also, in 1892 and 93 the US Mint made half dollars commemorating Columbus....his face is on the front and his fucking ship is on the back. Think about if his ship had sunk before he got anywhere near here; we'd be celebrating some other asshole who raped and pillaged his way as far as he dared to go. As far as "just for fun" goes, I've pretty much decided to give up on that. Just for fun.