Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by O Really »

Well, really, it wouldn't have been such a bad idea if it weren't' for the baby doll. He could have used something else to represent the bad past practices - maybe a troll type character or just copies of the reports. But you have to wonder, don't these people ever talk about their ideas with anybody before they just do something stupid?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:37 am
Well, really, it wouldn't have been such a bad idea if it weren't' for the baby doll. He could have used something else to represent the bad past practices - maybe a troll type character or just copies of the reports. But you have to wonder, don't these people ever talk about their ideas with anybody before they just do something stupid?
tRump talks to hannity and dobbs before he says and does stupid shit.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:44 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:27 pm
School principal throws 'mock funeral' with 'dead' baby to motivate teachers: 'Something is wrong with you'

Intelligent life from other planets will never visit this world.
Nor will it ever arise here.

'Something is wrong with you' would be a good motto for the decade.

"a member of the Shelby County School Board, sent an email to Fox 13 that said: “Unfortunately, something that was supposed to be used as a lighthearted demonstration was not received in the manner it was intended."

damn snowflake teachers mis-"received" the "lighthearted demonstration".
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 am

petesouza
Verified
128,887 likes

Attention Mr. Grassley, Mr. McConnell, Mr. Hatch, Mr. Corker, Mr. Graham, Mr. Cornyn and Mr. 46 minus 1: this is Mr. Merrick Garland. Remember him. You held his Supreme Court nomination open for 293 days without a single hearing. During those 293 days, no one came forward with a shred of evidence about anything that would disqualify him. You just didn’t schedule a hearing or vote for purely political reasons.

Well of course Chuckles was lying when he proclaimed for all to hear that no SC nomination should ever take place during the last year of a president's term. That last year would be a time for the people to speak their will and of course he would act the same against a tRump nominee.

I was curious how and when he would flip this flat out lie or if some "other circumstances" would come into play.

Qué other circumstances, "hey, it ain't my game no more. you gonna have to talk to Lindsay."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Trump’s Nominee to Replace Kavanaugh Questioned Date Rape, Discrimination, and Climate Change
Neomi Rao, reportedly on Trump’s Supreme Court short list, hasn’t moved far from the radical stances of her college writings.
The petition to the Senate reads:

"Block Neomi Rao's nomination to replace Brett Kavanaugh on the second-highest court in the nation. Rao's inflammatory views on race, sexual assault and LGBTQ rights are reprehensible and disqualify her for a lifetime appointment as a federal judge."
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

It really is the twilight zone. Damn.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:44 pm
It really is the twilight zone. Damn.
Except the Twilight Zone made more sense.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination, :lol: :thumbup:
Nixon Foundation Scrambles To Distance Late President From Roger Stone
Donald Trump tries to do the same thing.

This morning’s widely-circulated characterization of Roger Stone as a Nixon campaign aide or adviser is a gross misstatement. Mr. Stone was 16 years old during the Nixon presidential campaign of 1968 and 20 years old during the reelection campaign of 1972.

Mr. Stone, during his time as a student at George Washington University, was a junior scheduler on the Nixon reelection committee. Mr. Stone was not a campaign aide or adviser. Nowhere in the Presidential Daily Diaries from 1972 to 1974 does the name "Roger Stone" appear.
— Nixon Foundation (@nixonfoundation) January 25, 2019
But Stone was widely linked to Nixon campaign “dirty tricks” by media reports at the time and was mentioned in an FBI investigation report. The foundation failed to mention that — and Twitter wags were too happy to point it out....
LOTS of great responses, with pics, worth checking out. One I like:
Wouldn’t want to tarnish Nixon’s good name.
There is something sooo perfect about the Nixon Foundation engaging in a coverup.
Another president attempting to distance himself from Stone was Trump, who tweeted late Saturday that Stone “didn’t even work for me anywhere near the election!”
....about all of the one sided Fake Media coverage (collusion with Crooked H?) that I had to endure during my very successful presidential campaign. What about the now revealed bias by Facebook and many others. Roger Stone didn’t even work for me anywhere near the Election!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 27, 2019
Comment found elsewhere:
Roger Stone, longtime confidant of President Donald Trump, yesterday was demoted to "coffee boy".
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Wingnuts on the edge of wetness. John Bolton is making wingnut noise toward Venezuela due to the current unrest there' He wants more war and doesn't give a shit if it's economic war or some other kind....as long as corporate elites are able to control the oil there....he knows he and his buddies blew the oil deal during the Iraq fiasco and he's got a big hard on for this next chance. Too bad Israel has no real stake in all this; if they did Bolton would shut the fuck up.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Really bad choices in school:

Dems: RESIGN, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam!

Repugs: CONGRATS, Justice Kavanaugh.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Found, not verified by me:
Going back to LBJ (~53 years), there have been 25 years of Democrat presidents, and 28 years of republican presidents.

In the 25 years of D presidents, there have been a total of 3 executive branch officials indicted, with 1 conviction, and 1 prison sentence.

In the 28 years of R presidents, there have been a total of 120 indictments of executive branch officials, 89 convictions, and 34 prison sentences.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:40 pm
Found, not verified by me:
Going back to LBJ (~53 years), there have been 25 years of Democrat presidents, and 28 years of republican presidents.

In the 25 years of D presidents, there have been a total of 3 executive branch officials indicted, with 1 conviction, and 1 prison sentence.

In the 28 years of R presidents, there have been a total of 120 indictments of executive branch officials, 89 convictions, and 34 prison sentences.
I saw that same thing on a Yahoo comments list. Pretty much covers it. I also have not checked the accuracy but I will.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

RNC uses Hillary Clinton's 'Stronger Together' slogan for Trump

:confusion-scratchheadblue: :confusion-scratchheadyellow: :confusion-scratchheadblue:

The POSPOTUS Klan is making a habit out of plagiarizing strong Dem women.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:08 pm
RNC uses Hillary Clinton's 'Stronger Together' slogan for Trump

:confusion-scratchheadblue: :confusion-scratchheadyellow: :confusion-scratchheadblue:

The POSPOTUS Klan is making a habit out of plagiarizing strong Dem women.
It's a shitty "alpha" power play in their minds. They take something belonging to someone else and make it their own without shame. It's entirely on purpose. Adults shouldn't be "trolling".
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:05 am
It's a shitty "alpha" power play in their minds. They take something belonging to someone else and make it their own without shame. It's entirely on purpose. Adults shouldn't be "trolling".
Interesting, could be, but I think POSPOTUS screwed up and the GOP is covering for him. We'll probably never know for sure.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Senate confirms William Barr as attorney general

Getting an AG that looks like John Goodman ought to be more fun than this will be.

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.