Mass Shootings

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Mass Shootings

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:44 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 1:59 pm
The thin yellow line.
:D :(
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:17 pm
Ain't nothing thin about it, it's a wide yellow stripe down their back.

These cops need to be arrested.
Border Patrol Tactical Team Was Ordered to Hold Back Before Confronting the Gunman

When specially equipped federal immigration agents arrived at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, the local police at the scene would not allow them to go after the gunman who had opened fire on students inside the school, according to two officials briefed on the situation.

The agents from Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrived at some point between 12 and 12:10 p.m., according to the officials — far earlier than previously known. But they did not breach the adjoining classrooms of the school where the gunman had locked himself in until a little before 1 p.m. Members of the federal tactical team killed the gunman.

The officials said that members of the Uvalde Police Department kept the federal agents from going in sooner....

The federal officers had driven up from the Mexican border, one official said. The official said it was not clear to the federal agents why their team was needed and why the local SWAT team did not respond.
Cable news is filled with the cops being trashed by usual cop defenders. As I posted, they repeatedly cite the post-Columbine standard of RAPID entry and assault. Columbine was 23 years ago. :angry-banghead:

The police chief is toast.
The sheriff is toast.
The local highway patrol commander may be toast.
Not sure about CBP. Could they have ignored the PD hesitancy?
If charges are possible, fine by me.
Most of the local cops should be shamed out of their jobs by the community, if not fired by local govt.

I am pro-CRT! Cop Replacement Theory.

Found:
I think just because you wear a cowboy hat does not make you a cowboy! A hero dies once! A coward dies a thousand deaths! How those cops sleep at night I'll never know!
Abbott likes to hold press conferences where he pushes his law and order mantra. When the facts come out, it will be clear that Gov Abbott will be likened to his namesake Abbott Labs. Both are detrimental to young children's lives.
Hah, I had not made that connection.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:03 pm
I'm serious, why haven't these cowards been arrested?
1. It's very early still.
2. Guessing: Cop cowardice is fire-able and may be a tort, but is not criminal?
3. Deadly cop inaction MAY justify assault charges for restraining family members that attempted their own rescues.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:D
Assault rifle ban was not renewed. Under W, if I remember correctly.
But,
Most of those were done with pistols. If a part of the law influenced those numbers it was large capacity magazine prohibition. A confounding factor may be the proliferation of semi-automatic pistols during that period. Revolvers tended to keep casualties lower for many reasons.
-0-?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Now: Killed "77 minutes after the incident began." However, they say it was "12 minutes" between when he put his truck in a ditch and entering the school.

Tragic coincidence: 19 cops stood in the hall awaiting the CBP team, 19 kids killed.

Another tragic coincidence: The door was propped open because a teacher had briefly left to retrieve her phone from her car.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:36 pm
Now: Killed "77 minutes after the incident began." However, they say it was "12 minutes" between when he put his truck in a ditch and entering the school.

Tragic coincidence: 19 cops stood in the hall awaiting the CBP team, 19 kids killed.

Another tragic coincidence: The door was propped open because a teacher had briefly left to retrieve her phone from her car.
Negligence homicide on the cops.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

There was one cop who hid, or at least avoided engaging with the Marjory Stoneman Douglass shooting in FL a few years ago. I think they fired him but he sued and won. These TX cops were a whole bunch of scared shitless clowns.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:35 am
There was one cop who hid, or at least avoided engaging with the Marjory Stoneman Douglass shooting in FL a few years ago. I think they fired him but he sued and won. These TX cops were a whole bunch of scared shitless clowns.
He hid, plus the coward got his job back plus about $200,000/year in back pay.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Mass Shooting from the Way back Machine

"President Trump claimed Monday that he would have rushed into the Florida high school during the mass shooting earlier this month there that killed 17 people, and he called it “disgusting” that an officer assigned to the school didn’t enter the building while the attack was underway.

“I really believe I'd run in, even if I didn't have a weapon,” Trump said during a White House meeting with governors from across the country"

Whack9
Commander

tRe: Mass Shootings

Unread post by Whack9 »

I bet if he was in NYC when 9-11 happened he would've climbed the stairs of the world trade center and rescued the victims himself.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 7:43 am
I bet if he was in NYC when 9-11 happened he would've climbed the stairs of the world trade center and rescued the victims himself.
He was in NYC, but he was too busy to do any rescuing because he was yelling across the Hudson at the Muslims that were dancing in the NJ streets. We honor his service to America on that terrible day.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:44 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 1:59 pm
The thin yellow line.
:D :(
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:17 pm
Ain't nothing thin about it, it's a wide yellow stripe down their back.

These cops need to be arrested.
Border Patrol Tactical Team Was Ordered to Hold Back Before Confronting the Gunman

Cable news is filled with the cops being trashed by usual cop defenders. As I posted, they repeatedly cite the post-Columbine standard of RAPID entry and assault. Columbine was 23 years ago. :angry-banghead:

The police chief is toast.
The sheriff is toast.
The local highway patrol commander may be toast.
Not sure about CBP. Could they have ignored the PD hesitancy? ...
They did, after 30 minutes.
Feds entered Uvalde school to kill gunman despite local police initially asking them to wait

Federal agents who went to Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday to confront a gunman who killed 19 children were told by local police to wait and not enter the school — and then decided after about half an hour to ignore that initial guidance and find the shooter, say two senior federal law enforcement officials....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:36 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:36 pm

Negligence homicide on the cops.
Now they're saying "77 minutes in the classrooms." 350 rounds fired, most in the first 4 minutes. No breach could have happened that quickly, but how many kids bled out during the next 73 minutes that could have been rescued?

These cops went through active shooter training in March! TV news quoted the manual's strong emphasis on IMMEDIATE engagement, even if it's by only 1 cop. Forget the chief, why didn't one of the 19 act on her/his own?
Meghan Markle Makes Surprise Visit to Memorial for School Shooting Victims in Texas
The Duchess of Sussex left flowers at a cross for 10-year-old victim Uziyah Garcia

... Meghan, who lives in California with her husband Prince Harry and their two young children, was spotted laying white flowers with a purple ribbon at a memorial outside Uvalde County Courthouse. She then knelt down and hung her head at the cross for 10-year-old victim Uziyah Garcia.

The Duchess of Sussex crossed her arms as she walked around looking at the memorials to the victims. She was dressed casually in jeans, sneakers and a baseball cap.

Meghan took the trip in a personal capacity as a mother, to offer her condolences and support in person to a community experiencing unimaginable grief, according to a spokesperson for the Duchess of Sussex.
No glamorous clothes, no press conference, and she supposedly brought sandwiches to a blood collection center. Classy.
... In 2019, Meghan and Harry, who live in Montecito, Calif., with their son Archie and daughter Lilibet, paid tribute to the victims of the terrorist attack in Christchurch, New Zealand, where 50 people died and dozens more were injured after a gunman opened fire on two mosques.

They left flowers outside New Zealand House in London along with a note. Meghan wrote: "Our deepest condolences. We are with you." Harry signed his name with "Arohanui," which is Maori for "best wishes."

Through the couple's Archewell Foundation, which they launched in 2020, Harry and Meghan have supported efforts to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and focused their attention on the Black Lives Matter movement and fighting for racial justice....
Cool.
The school district in Uvalde has opened an official account with First State Bank of Uvalde to support Robb Elementary families affected by the tragedy. People can send checks through the mail (payable to the "Robb School Memorial Fund") or donate money through Zelle to robbschoolmemorialfund@gmail.com. People can also donate by calling 830-356-2273.
San Antonio:

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

More on Meghan....
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:04 pm
More on Meghan....
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"It's funny, we didn't even know it was her until after she left and now we're so sad. I mean, to be honest, we thought she was our neighbor."

:-|| She is.

I was tabling once at an Indigo Girls concert. After an interested concertgoer left the tree hugger table next to mine I got to tell the kid staffing it that he'd just had an extended conversation with Andie McDowell and who she is. He kinda flipped out. :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Son, They Shook: Uvalde Massacre Separates True Heroes From Cowards
Fake tough guys are running for cover in a moment of crisis.

Heroes
The teachers
The children
The parents
The Border Patrol agents

Cowards
Gun lobbyists
Sen. Ted Cruz
Daniel Defense
The NRA
The city’s police department

:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Marjorie Taylor Greene appeared to push a baseless conspiracy theory about the Texas shooter, suggesting he was into 'wearing eyeliner' and 'cross dressing'

... "He clearly had a lot of mental issues going on, as was shown with him wearing eyeliner, cross-dressing, a lot of his language, being a loner," Greene said, adding that more information was still coming out about the school shooter.

She also questioned how the shooter got the money to buy the guns he used in the shooting despite coming from a low-income household.

"He must have really been saving up!" Greene said.

In her broadcast, Greene appeared to touch on two separate conspiracy theories swirling around the shooting. Greene seemed to be referencing the baseless rumor pushed by her colleague, Rep. Paul Gosar, that the shooter was a transgender individual.

Last week, Gosar began spreading a baseless, transphobic rumor via a now-deleted tweet that the shooter was a "transsexual leftist illegal alien" hours after the shooting. This is factually wrong on all counts and originated from 4Chan, an unmoderated fringe messaging board. 4Chan users posted images of trans women and falsely claimed they were the shooter, despite these women having nothing to do with what happened in Uvalde.

Greene also casually referenced a baseless conspiracy theory that the Texas massacre was a false flag operation. Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and several QAnon influencers posited without any substantiation that the mass shooting was a staged event, with Jones speculating that it was "very suspicious timing, just days before the Houston NRA convention — and wondering how the shooter got "all that money" to purchase his guns.

Jones previously claimed the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, which took the lives of 20 children and six adults, was a hoax. After multiple families sued the right-wing radio host, he said in a deposition that "a form of psychosis" made him believe the Sandy Hook shooting wasn't real and admitted that he spread misinformation about it.

As for Greene, she took a pro-gun stance hours after the Uvalde shooting, asserting that the US doesn't need "more gun control" but should "return to God instead." At the time, she also speculated without evidence that "meds can be the problem."

Greene has run on a pro-gun platform. She has been known to hold gun raffles for fundraising campaigns and videotaped harassing a survivor of the 2018 Parkland school shooting in January 2021.
:wtf: :obscene-birdiered: :wtf: :obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Uvalde daycare center:

Several Ohio churches

Austin High School:

Carlisle, PA:

Pearsall, Texas:

:cry:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

It took pictures to show nazi concentration camp horrors.
It took the picture of a little girl running naked from napalm and a ditch in My Lai filled with babies and women to turn us against the Vietnam War.
Most people can't imagine what these guns can do.
I think it’s time that the opposition to these insane gun laws presents the reality of the blood and brains of small children spread on the walls of their once safe school room.
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Mon May 30, 2022 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

😥
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 8:31 am
Uvalde daycare center:

Several Ohio churches

Austin High School:

Carlisle, PA:

Pearsall, Texas:

:cry:
I almost want to say that they can leave it up and just add or subtract chairs depending on the shooting of the week.

More is needed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 8:48 am
It took pictures to show nazi concentration camp horrors.
It took the picture of a little girl running naked from napalm and a ditch in My Lai filled with babies and women to turn us against the Vietnam War.
Most people can't imagine what these guns can do.
I think it’s time that the opposition to these insane gun laws presents the reality of the blood and brains of small children spread on the walls of their once safe school room.
I listened to a TV discussion where someone was suggesting that we need an Emmett Till-style dose of reality. Someone else opined that we've become so jaded by violent imagery that it wouldn't matter.
-0-?
1312. ETTD.