Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by Vrede too »

Wisconsin Teen Charged With Buying Rifle For Kyle Rittenhouse

A 19-year-old Wisconsin man was charged with felony weapons offenses for allegedly purchasing the AR-style rifle that 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse is accused of using to kill two people during protests in Kenosha over the summer.

Dominick David Black was charged last week with two counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a minor causing death, according to court records released following a court hearing on Monday. He faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted on both counts....
Lock them up, along with the Kenosha cops that encouraged them to play Dirty Harrys.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:10 am
Wisconsin Teen Charged With Buying Rifle For Kyle Rittenhouse

A 19-year-old Wisconsin man was charged with felony weapons offenses for allegedly purchasing the AR-style rifle that 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse is accused of using to kill two people during protests in Kenosha over the summer.

Dominick David Black was charged last week with two counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a minor causing death, according to court records released following a court hearing on Monday. He faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted on both counts....
Lock them up, along with the Kenosha cops that encouraged them to play Dirty Harrys.
Just to maintain the lunatic consistency of complete wingnuttery, the GOP and trump cult members will now have Dominick to idolize along with Kyle and the two skeered rich lawyers with their guns that they waved around menacingly. By this time next year the GOP will be gushing in awe and admiration for virtually all felons and nutjobs in the country. And they will act as if it's all normal. They have to at this point.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:47 pm
Just to maintain the lunatic consistency of complete wingnuttery, the GOP and trump cult members will now have Dominick to idolize along with Kyle and the two skeered rich lawyers with their guns that they waved around menacingly. By this time next year the GOP will be gushing in awe and admiration for virtually all felons and nutjobs in the country. And they will act as if it's all normal. They have to at this point.
The latest from the Cult of Racist Ammosexuality:

This Gun Coffee Brand Was MAGA Royalty. Then It Turned on Kyle Rittenhouse.

Not exactly "Turned on Kyle", all Black Rifle Coffee Company did is to correct folks that are making an association that doesn't exist.

Too funny. Hey, if you lie down with stupid dogs . . .
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:04 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:47 pm
The latest from the Cult of Racist Ammosexuality:

This Gun Coffee Brand Was MAGA Royalty. Then It Turned on Kyle Rittenhouse.

Not exactly "Turned on Kyle", all Black Rifle Coffee Company did is to correct folks that are making an association that doesn't exist.

Too funny. Hey, if you lie down with stupid dogs . . .
I saw a story earlier today that some FL state legislator tweeted out " Elect Kyle Rittenhouse to Congress." Aside from that being dumbfuckery on the face of it, one must be at least 25 to run. But this is typical for today's Republicans. The cult gushes in awe. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:31 pm
I saw a story earlier today that some FL state legislator tweeted out " Elect Kyle Rittenhouse to Congress." Aside from that being dumbfuckery on the face of it, one must be at least 25 to run. But this is typical for today's Republicans. The cult gushes in awe. :lol:
Yep.

Republican lawmaker calls for Kyle Rittenhouse, who is on trial for murder, to be elected to Congress
Anthony Sabatini

Anthony Sabatini is a Republican member of the Florida Legislature. He represents the state's 32nd House district. The 32nd District of Florida encompasses mostly South Lake County and some of North Lake County, Florida (central Florida).

Controversies

... On January 13, 2020, Sabatini introduced HB 1365, which would have made it a felony for doctors to provide hormone therapy or gender reassignment surgery for transgender minors.

In response to the protests surrounding the death of George Floyd, Sabatini posted a tweet that suggested protesters will be met with an AR-15 and included an image of the gun, which also appeared with Sabatini on his Facebook page emblazoned with "Don't Tread on Me." This was condemned for being "clearly inflammatory" and "inciting violence" as Florida State Representative Cindy Polo stated in her written complaint to the Florida House. Nikki Fried, Florida Agriculture Commissioner, called for Sabatini to be reprimanded. House Speaker José Oliva found no "direct or preemptive threat" in Sabatini's comments and has not taken punitive actions.

Anthony Sabatini has filed several lawsuits during the COVID-19 pandemic challenging local ordinances requiring face coverings. On September 2, 2020, he received his sixth loss from the filed suits that have so far been heard. Judge Randell Rowe dismissed this latest loss in Volusia County. In his decision, the judge stated, "The ordinance is authorized not only by statute but by well settled case law precedent dating back over a hundred years." ...
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Just a few blocks from my home:
UPDATE: Student charged with assault with intent to kill or injure in Hendersonville Middle shooting

... A 12-year-old student accused of shooting a (12-year-old) classmate in the leg this morning at Hendersonville Middle has been charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill or inflict serious injury.

The suspect also faces a felony charge of bringing a weapon on campus or other educational property....
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:08 pm
Just a few blocks from my home:
UPDATE: Student charged with assault with intent to kill or injure in Hendersonville Middle shooting

... A 12-year-old student accused of shooting a (12-year-old) classmate in the leg this morning at Hendersonville Middle has been charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill or inflict serious injury.

The suspect also faces a felony charge of bringing a weapon on campus or other educational property....
Well, I guess this means that one of the right wing nutjobs in the NC Statehouse will tweet out that this kid should run for public office.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:47 pm
Well, I guess this means that one of the right wing nutjobs in the NC Statehouse will tweet out that this kid should run for public office.
Depends on the races of the shooter and victim. Whatever, that would be an improvement over our reps in Raleigh or DC.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:09 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:47 pm
Depends on the races of the shooter and victim. Whatever, that would be an improvement over our reps in Raleigh or DC.
Ah, yes, of course.....silly me jumping the gun like that.....I should have realized that right wing nutjobs do not subscribe to equal opportunity when it comes to this sort of thing. Let's review; they have Kyle and they have the gun waving nutjobs that freaked out when BLM protesters marched down their street. Makes me wonder who will next join that illustrious group.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:24 am
Ah, yes, of course.....silly me jumping the gun like that.....I should have realized that right wing nutjobs do not subscribe to equal opportunity when it comes to this sort of thing. Let's review; they have Kyle and they have the gun waving nutjobs that freaked out when BLM protesters marched down their street. Makes me wonder who will next join that illustrious group.
More irresponsible ammosexual wimps:

NRA files for bankruptcy, seeks to escape lawsuit
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:25 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:24 am
More irresponsible ammosexual wimps:

NRA files for bankruptcy, seeks to escape lawsuit
:lol: Too bad Wayne and Oliver North didn't have Peter Navarro with them at the NRA.....the three of them could fuck up just about anything. But Wayne and Oliver did pretty good at it themselves.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:36 am
:lol: Too bad Wayne and Oliver North didn't have Peter Navarro with them at the NRA.....the three of them could fuck up just about anything. But Wayne and Oliver did pretty good at it themselves.
:thumbup:

Speaking of fuck ups:
Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones loses bid to throw out defamation cases from Sandy Hook parents

The Texas Supreme Court has rejected a request from conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to dismiss four defamation lawsuits filed by parents of children killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The action by the Supreme Court on Friday, which was presented without comment from the state’s justices, upheld rulings by two lower courts that stated the lawsuits could proceed.

The parents filed the four lawsuits in Travis County, Texas, where Mr Jones and his far-right website Infowars are based.

They alleged in the lawsuits that during broadcasts of Infowars, Mr Jones defamed them and caused emotional distress by repeatedly disputing the authenticity of the shooting and the subsequent news coverage.

Six adults and 20 young students were killed in the shooting in 2012 at the Sandy Hook school in Newtown, Connecticut.

The four suits focused on various comments made by Mr Jones in the wake of the shooting, including his claims that it was “a giant hoax” and a “false flag” intended to help gain support for gun control measures, according to the Austin American-Statesman....
What's a lying ammosexual wingnut to do when he can't win even in Texas courts?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Every. damn. day.
Countless children have to do the same thing to go to school because Republicans have refused to allow meaningful gun control legislation to pass.
They would need to have finished high school to know that.

And Lauren Boebert never did that.
16! years later:
People who aren't emotionally mature enough to comply with workplace safety measures have no business serving in government.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

More GOP lunacy; States eye allowing concealed carry without a permit, background check, or training. What could possibly go wrong?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/states-eye-a ... 00617.html

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Flash update; while standing in line at the Wal Mart food store today I noticed the headline of the local newspaper there in the stand....."Local Representative Introduces Bill to Allow Concealed Carry Without a Permit" and I said "god hell"and I seized the damn thing and started reading. Turns out, a TN state representative from Mountain (of ignorance) City TN has proposed that all citizens legally able to purchase a gun be allowed to carry said gun in a concealed manner. Perfect, I thought to myself.....this means that any god crazed yahoo or trump loony who so desires can go "armed to the terror of the public" which is a law that will have to be stricken should this new GOP brainstorm be enacted.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:44 pm
Flash update; while standing in line at the Wal Mart food store today I noticed the headline of the local newspaper there in the stand....."Local Representative Introduces Bill to Allow Concealed Carry Without a Permit" and I said "god hell"and I seized the damn thing and started reading. Turns out, a TN state representative from Mountain (of ignorance) City TN has proposed that all citizens legally able to purchase a gun be allowed to carry said gun in a concealed manner. Perfect, I thought to myself.....this means that any god crazed yahoo or trump loony who so desires can go "armed to the terror of the public" which is a law that will have to be stricken should this new GOP brainstorm be enacted.
Meanwhile, in Congress:

Capitol Police Investigate 2 GOP Lawmakers Over House Metal Detector Incidents

These are not just violations of Pelosi's rule, $5K fine. Rather, they could lead to criminal charges.
Rep. Russ Fulcher (R-Idaho) - assault on an officer.
Rep. Andy Harris (R-Md.) - unlicensed carry in violation of DC law.

:---P :---P , I hope.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

"The two detectives told HuffPost that no charges had been filed in either case" even though it has been over a month for one and 6 weeks for the other.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:33 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:44 pm
Meanwhile, in Congress:

Capitol Police Investigate 2 GOP Lawmakers Over House Metal Detector Incidents

These are not just violations of Pelosi's rule, $5K fine. Rather, they could lead to criminal charges.
Rep. Russ Fulcher (R-Idaho) - assault on an officer.
Rep. Andy Harris (R-Md.) - unlicensed carry in violation of DC law.

:---P :---P , I hope.
Mother of twisted Jesus...... I sense an imminent victim whine from those two right wing nutjobs. And Rush is dead so he can't whip it into any sensible shape. Like I used to try to convey to the cat fan......never let a chance to be a victim go to waste. At least these two get that.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:20 pm
Mother of twisted Jesus...... I sense an imminent victim whine from those two right wing nutjobs. And Rush is dead so he can't whip it into any sensible shape. Like I used to try to convey to the cat fan......never let a chance to be a victim go to waste. At least these two get that.
Speaking of ammosexual nutjobs, actually nutty:

Son of world-renowned UC Davis professor arrested after 911 call

:shock: Great, paranoid and uber armed.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.