Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

Drama Queen Mr.B has flounced away several times before, don't count on it being sincere this time. I'll bet his departure note was as whiny, irresponsible and dishonest as ever (blamed me too?), and would have made Tricky Dick Nixon proud.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:Good grief. Someone left the knee-jerk gate open.
Vrede too wrote:Should government cemeteries fly the Nazi flag if any Germans that died here during WWII are buried there? How about the ISIS or al Qaeda flag for terrorists that are killed or die in prison?

Ducked.
Seth Milner wrote:Heaven forbid anyone else ever get their hands on a Confederate flag; it's now widely known that doing so will drive someone insane and cause them to go on a shooting spree in a Black church.
That's your knee jerk reaction to opposition to the flag despite the fact that no one has said the flag caused the shooting and your being told this is a lame straw man over and over.
Ducked.

Alumnus wants NAACP to ask for a change in Byrnes Rebel nickname ...

You either screwed up the link or you didn't want us to be able to challenge the author.

What if it was the Byrnes Nazis or Benedict Arnold School?

... Cleveland Indians: “The logo portraying a “red” face is obviously racist.”

It's an ugly caricature, have you seen it?

Duke Blue Devils: “Surely there is a group of satanic leaders out there somewhere who are wildly offended by the color blue.”

Stupid, though some Christians are indeed offended. Didn't you know?

... On a more serious note, forcing any of these sports teams to change their name because you’re offended is childish and irrational – not to mention likely illegal.

Ummm, government is not requiring any teams to change names other than at government schools. However, citizens and businesses have the 1st Amendment right to apply pressure. The author is either an idiot or a liar.

... Instead, we should be recognizing the idea that names like Redskins

Racist epithet.

and Patriots

Not a racist epithet, we'll go with idiot crybaby.

are ways to honor the legacy of our ancestors, not defile them.
Now that the flag of the Confederacy has been removed from open public view

Lie, only some government endorsement of the slaver flag has been removed. You are and will remain free to honor traitors, slavers and racists.

because it was deemed to be a symbol of racism

Intentionally for the past 60 years or so, by the racists as has been proved to you several times.

and a reminder of slavery,

Honoring the slavers.

it's time for America to do some real soul-searching and totally remove any name; (the above being just a few examples) from our vocabulary, any statue of persons long-dead, that would be deemed to be offensive to any group, blah, blah, blah.

You would be fine with official statues honoring King George, the Kaiser, Hitler, Tojo, North Korean communism, Kruschev, Ho Chi Minh, and Osama bin Laden?

Bottom line, political correctness is downright dumb and is a brainchild of the weak-minded.

Defending ad nauseam slavers and racists is downright dumb and is a brainchild of the weak-minded.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

It appears I screwed up the link. Let's try this:
Alumnus wants NAACP to ask for a change in Byrnes Rebel nickname

Vrede too wrote:
Should government cemeteries fly the Nazi flag if any Germans that died here during WWII are buried there? How about the ISIS or al Qaeda flag for terrorists that are killed or die in prison?

I didn't duck, Mr.B revealed the absurdity of the question and that it was a grasping of straws on your part; I had no reason to expound on his reply.

That's your knee jerk reaction to opposition to the flag despite the fact that no one has said the flag caused the shooting and your being told this is a lame straw man over and over
"No one has said" is correct. Aptly put should have read "No one has admitted". As far as lame straw man replies, it appears that I'm not alone, does it?

You either screwed up the link or you didn't want us to be able to challenge the author. What if it was the Byrnes Nazis or Benedict Arnold School?
More strawman grasping from you. Do you know, in the U.S., where there is any building, government or private, that bears either of those names? If you weren't able to read the link in order to challenge the author, why are you so bent out of shape over the story? Your usual knee-jerk reaction, maybe?

Ummm, government is not requiring any teams to change names other than at government schools. However, citizens and businesses have the 1st Amendment right to apply pressure. The author is either an idiot or a liar.
Wow! I didn't know the the U.S. Patent Office wasn't a part of the U.S. Government! Who in hell are they then to tell Washington they are no longer protected from patent infringement because of their name 'Redskins'? Damn! Learn something new every day!

You are and will remain free to honor traitors, slavers and racists.
Who in hell are you trying to impress with that bullshit reply? My contention all along is that the flag issue is nothing but knee-jerk and political tomfoolery. Past and present discretions is your pissing issues, not mine.
As I previously said, no wonder you are the most despised poster here! (oh wait, I forgot about your nemesis Mr.B, but he isn't here anymore, so you've regained the #1 spot. Congratulations.)

You would be fine with official statues honoring King George, the Kaiser, Hitler, Tojo, North Korean communism, Kruschev, Ho Chi Minh, and Osama bin Laden?
Where might I find any of these statues in the U.S., Butt-hurt Strawman? I'll study them closely to see which one I like the most; can't like them all equally, you know.

Defending ad nauseam slavers and racists is downright dumb and is a brainchild of the weak-minded.
It's easily discernible how vehemently I defended 'slavers and racists' in this thread.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Sure "political correctness" is dumb and a sign of a weak mind - if you use the definition and concept produced by ridicule, caricature, and those too lazy or socially numb to learn. What is often called "politically correct" is no closer to accuracy than Cleveland's Chief Wahoo is to a real Indian.
But suppose we use "socially polite." Suppose we recognize that different people have different cultures, language, and etiquette. Suppose I bother to find out what some of those are before doing or saying something offensive.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Sometime Lefty wrote: Success that most here ignored Mr B(utlicker) and he finally left.
Why do you call him that? He has pretty well defined himself as not being homosexual.

It's not because he's a dinosaur. It's not because he was an asshole. It's not because he was religious or a religious bigot. It's not because he went off the deep end a while back and his whole personality changed. I can live with all that!
You're saying someone's religious beliefs makes them a religious bigot? You're saying that because someone expresses their opposing opinions (and beliefs) just as you and the others here do, that makes them an asshole?

But when he threatened physical violence, got a time-out, then came back, stalked Vrede, found out who he is, and threatened him with exposure. Vrede then had to take defensive measures and wipe clean his posts here.
If I remember correctly, Vrede too countered someone's accusation by stating that Mr.B DID NOT threaten to expose him; but that Vrede too PERCEIVED what Mr.B knew as a threat; is that not correct? Or are you lying?

That chicken shit move was way beyond the pale from someone who claims to love Jesus. Instead of leaving, he acted like a 5 year old.
From what I read in past posts, Mr.B 'went off the deep end' in defending his wife's honor. I suppose you would have just sat back idly and allowed someone to do the same to you without some form of retaliation?

I hope you stay but I know you won't. People like you and Mr B don't like defending their views and whine when confronted. Maybe you two should find a forum where you can post about sunshine and unicorns. Or Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams and fairy tales. That's more your speed.
So now that you've laid out the extent of your intelligence, it's time to attack me; when all I've done is ask questions. Since I don't do drugs or smoke crack, I never see any of those things you've identified above that you see when you post.
I do see sunshine. I'm sorry for you, that in the dark, hate-filled world you and your buddies here live in, you don't.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote: But suppose we use "socially polite." Suppose we recognize that different people have different cultures, language, and etiquette. Suppose I bother to find out what some of those are before doing or saying something offensive.
Until a law is passed making it illegal to be rude or to personally offend someone, I'm afraid those human traits are going to be around for a long, long, time. Don't expect changes any time soon.

Go back and take a hard look at "socially polite." Then, go back and take a hard look at these forum boards and show me examples of "social politeness". :thumbdown:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The author of your dumb and dishonest rant remains unidentified.
[color=#800000]Seth Milner[/color] wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Should government cemeteries fly the Nazi flag if any Germans that died here during WWII are buried there? How about the ISIS or al Qaeda flag for terrorists that are killed or die in prison?
Ducked.
I didn't duck, Mr.B revealed the absurdity of the question and that it was a grasping of straws on your part; I had no reason to expound on his reply.

My question was to you, I can't see Mr.B's posts, and there's nothing absurd about comparing one group of Christian white supremacists that hundreds of thousands of loyal Americans died fighting to another one. Still ducked.
Vrede too wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:Heaven forbid anyone else ever get their hands on a Confederate flag; it's now widely known that doing so will drive someone insane and cause them to go on a shooting spree in a Black church.
That's your knee jerk reaction to opposition to the flag despite the fact that no one has said the flag caused the shooting and your being told this is a lame straw man over and over.
"No one has said" is correct. Aptly put should have read "No one has admitted".

I see, you're a mind reader. :lol:

As far as lame straw man replies, it appears that I'm not alone, does it?

You don't know what a straw man is, do you?
Vrede too wrote:What if it was the Byrnes Nazis or Benedict Arnold School?
More strawman grasping from you.

Still failing the definition of straw man. Your articles/broadcasts must have been a hoot.

Do you know, in the U.S., where there is any building, government or private, that bears either of those names?

There aren't, that's the point that went sailing over your head. Why should we have schools that honor different white supremacists and traitors?

If you weren't able to read the link in order to challenge the author, why are you so bent out of shape over the story? Your usual knee-jerk reaction, maybe?

I didn't argue with the story, goofball. I argued with the still unidentified quote. You've lost track.
Vrede too wrote:
... Cleveland Indians: “The logo portraying a “red” face is obviously racist.”
It's an ugly caricature, have you seen it?
Ducked.
Vrede too wrote:
... On a more serious note, forcing any of these sports teams to change their name because you’re offended is childish and irrational – not to mention likely illegal.
Wow! I didn't know the the U.S. Patent Office wasn't a part of the U.S. Government! Who in hell are they then to tell Washington they are no longer protected from patent infringement because of their name 'Redskins'? Damn! Learn something new every day!

Claiming that I said anything that suggested the U.S. Patent Office isn't a part of the U.S. Government is another lame straw man on your part.

Washington can keep its name and no one has ever had a right to government protection of racist trademarks. The author is either an idiot or a liar and you are an idiot for regurgitating her/his "reasoning".
[color=#BF0000]Vrede too[/color] wrote:
... Instead, we should be recognizing the idea that names like Redskins

Racist epithet.

and Patriots

Not a racist epithet, we'll go with idiot crybaby.

are ways to honor the legacy of our ancestors, not defile them.
Ducked.
Vrede too wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:Now that the flag of the Confederacy has been removed from open public view

Lie, only some government endorsement of the slaver flag has been removed. You are and will remain free to honor traitors, slavers and racists.
Lie ducked.
Seth Milner wrote:because it was deemed to be a symbol of racism

Intentionally for the past 60 years or so, by the racists as has been proved to you several times.

and a reminder of slavery,

Honoring the slavers.

Ducked.

More pitiful whining about me ignored.
Vrede too wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:it's time for America to do some real soul-searching and totally remove any name; (the above being just a few examples) from our vocabulary, any statue of persons long-dead, that would be deemed to be offensive to any group, blah, blah, blah.
Where might I find any of these statues in the U.S., Butt-hurt Strawman?

There aren't, that's the point that went sailing over your head. Why should we have schools that honor different losers to America? You sure get pissy when you have no response to the point.

I'll study them closely to see which one I like the most; can't like them all equally, you know.

:lol: Which ones are you clueless about?
Vrede too wrote:Defending ad nauseam slavers and racists is downright dumb and is a brainchild of the weak-minded.
It's easily discernible how vehemently I defended 'slavers and racists' in this thread.

Yes it is, big of you to admit it.
1312. ETTD.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

Seth, is English a second language for you? You show a real problem with understanding the written word here.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

O Really wrote: . . . But suppose we use "socially polite." Suppose we recognize that different people have different cultures, language, and etiquette. Suppose I bother to find out what some of those are before doing or saying something offensive.
Fuck, no. This 'Murka, dammit! If it ain't offensive or disrespectful to white, evangelical men, then it shouldn't bother anyone else but commie pinko fags!
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Thanks Sometime Lefty!
[color=#800000]Seth Milner[/color] wrote:
Sometime Lefty wrote:Success that most here ignored Mr B(utlicker) and he finally left.

Why do you call him that? He has pretty well defined himself as not being homosexual.

Science has demonstrated that the most homophobic are more likely to have latent gay tendencies. Besides, buttlicker has other meanings. Your articles/broadcasts must have been a hoot. Or, were you just being childish?

It's not because he's a dinosaur. It's not because he was an asshole. It's not because he was religious or a religious bigot. It's not because he went off the deep end a while back and his whole personality changed. I can live with all that!

You're saying someone's religious beliefs makes them a religious bigot? You're saying that because someone expresses their opposing opinions (and beliefs) just as you and the others here do, that makes them an asshole?

Sometime Lefty made a clear distinction between religious and religious bigot. Pay attention.
Mr.B's cherry picked, bigoted religious beliefs lead him to advocate official and institutional bigotry, which does make him an asshole. We get that you approve of some bigots.

But when he threatened physical violence, got a time-out, then came back, stalked Vrede, found out who he is, and threatened him with exposure. Vrede then had to take defensive measures and wipe clean his posts here.

If I remember correctly, Vrede too countered someone's accusation by stating that Mr.B DID NOT threaten to expose him; but that Vrede too PERCEIVED what Mr.B knew as a threat; is that not correct? Or are you lying?

You are confused. I only said that Mr.B never made an explicit threat about going to my bosses. He did expose my real ID (which he knew made me vulnerable to anyone that might want to go to my bosses) and threatened to further do so, along with stalking me in the real world. Now be a good boy, admit you screwed up and apologize to Sometime Lefty for suggesting he might be lying.

That chicken shit move was way beyond the pale from someone who claims to love Jesus. Instead of leaving, he acted like a 5 year old.

From what I read in past posts, Mr.B 'went off the deep end' in defending his wife's honor. I suppose you would have just sat back idly and allowed someone to do the same to you without some form of retaliation? ...

That's Mr.B's lying version, you are so gullible! As has been explained to you several times :roll: , I only posted about Mrs.B after Mr.B broke his own rule by attacking my family, never suggested that she does anything other than have a healthy sex life like the gays he's obsessed with do and, after Mr.B admitted that opening the door by attacking my family was wrong, stopped mentioning her entirely. Outing my real ID came months later. Is that not correct? Or are you lying?

More whining about this forum ignored.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Seth Milner wrote:
O Really wrote: But suppose we use "socially polite." Suppose we recognize that different people have different cultures, language, and etiquette. Suppose I bother to find out what some of those are before doing or saying something offensive.
Until a law is passed making it illegal to be rude or to personally offend someone, I'm afraid those human traits are going to be around for a long, long, time. Don't expect changes any time soon.

Go back and take a hard look at "socially polite." Then, go back and take a hard look at these forum boards and show me examples of "social politeness". :thumbdown:
It's probably not a good idea to confuse internet forums with real life.
But the majority of societal customs aren't created by law. Most interpersonal interactions are not subject to law, but improper behavior is punished nonetheless. Maybe by not getting the contract or the date. Maybe something worse. Attempting to be "politically correct" is only partly about the other guy. It's really in ones own best interest.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

Seth Milner wrote:From what I read in past posts, Mr.B 'went off the deep end' in defending his wife's honor. I suppose you would have just sat back idly and allowed someone to do the same to you without some form of retaliation?
No, he went off the deep end long before that. Sometime Lefty is a fictional persona, here I am an asshole, in real life I'm not (mostly). No one here knows my wife or even if I really have one. Yes I have had my wife attacked here but the person attacking doesn't know the real Mrs. Lefty and ANYTHING they said would not be based on reality and would NOT upset me. An especially not upset me enough to act like a 5 year old!

ps Get a sense of humor. What is it with you closet religious nuts and losing your sense of humor? Must you give it up to obey a fictional character?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

EVERYBODY STEP BACK REAL QUICK!

Just remember, this is an internet forum. On the internet, people tend to say nasty things because of anonymity. This isn't ok, but you gotta keep in mind out in the street people will tend to be more respectful, and on the internet people tend to be dicks. We don't know what each other look like, what each other sound like, and you we read each other's body language to know when we've overstepped our bounds and it's time to apologize. All we have is text and an avatar image to go by!

If someone offends you on the internet, they win. You lose! So just step back and relax!

Here's a good song to chill you all out. Crank the bass up:

If you guys get real mad at someone just talk smack on me all you want instead, all day long. You can make fun of me all you want if you need to vent. Call me every name in the book. I'll be the sacrifice.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

JTA wrote: If you guys get real mad at someone just talk smack on me all you want instead, all day long. You can make fun of me all you want if you need to vent. Call me every name in the book. I'll be the sacrifice.
Disagree with Vrede too; it'll happen. He's a sore loser and a boastful winner. You're the loser, regardless.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Seth Milner wrote:
JTA wrote: If you guys get real mad at someone just talk smack on me all you want instead, all day long. You can make fun of me all you want if you need to vent. Call me every name in the book. I'll be the sacrifice.
Disagree with Vrede too; it'll happen. He's a sore loser and a boastful winner. You're the loser, regardless.
See man I'm not even mad at you calling me a loser. In the end I think you're alright. You like fishing, I like fishing. Common ground. I'll be straight up, I've only ever met one person I just did not like at all. I just avoid them. I get along with pretty much everyone in real life. Sounds like some hippy BS but it's the truth and you're a lot happier in the end. I love making new friends.

Someone else try to offend me.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

JTA wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:
See man I'm not even mad at you calling me a loser. In the end I think you're alright. You like fishing, I like fishing. Common ground. I'll be straight up, I've only ever met one person I just did not like at all. I just avoid them. I get along with pretty much everyone in real life. Sounds like some hippy BS but it's the truth and you're a lot happier in the end. I love making new friends.

You misread into that post; I didn't call you a loser. I said if you disagree with Vrede too, you're the loser, regardless (whether you are right or wrong by crossing him.) Sorry for the sentence structure mishap.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Seth Milner wrote:
JTA wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:

You misread into that post; I didn't call you a loser. I said if you disagree with Vrede too, you're the loser, regardless (whether you are right or wrong by crossing him.) Sorry for the sentence structure mishap.
Good deal. No biggie. My writing is probably worse.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Do you really think anyone believes that you'd spend so much time attacking those who want government displays of the slaver flag to cease if you don't care? Wow.
Attack? No wonder you've been dubbed the forum lunatic. I've never seen anyone so adept at taking what someone says and rearranging what it really means, and applying differing definitions to what is meant. Not only that, but because of differing opinions, you accuse others of attacking you while you yourself go on the attack.

I'm not talking about me, dummy. You either lost track or are pretending you did.
Seth Milner wrote:... this flag flap is nothing more than pissing & moaning from people of differing opinions, and political showmanship.
And dozens of posts just like it.

Ducked.

Firstly, I was born in Idaho; I did not grow up in Idaho. Secondly, my career took me to many states; so when I retired, I was not in Idaho when I chose SC to retire.

I see, this was a nonsense post in a failed attempt to make an excuse for your apathy and unwillingness to act like an SC citizen one way or the other:
Seth Milner wrote:... This 'heritage' cry means a lot to some, but being from Idaho, it doesn't mean anything to me; but I respect their heritage for whatever it's worth.
Figures. No one says they're from a place they didn't even grow up in, especially as an explanation for their inaction, unless they're trying to deceive.

Ducked.

Ummm, you've chosen to be the slaver flag defender here and to belittle its opponents. Why are your choices someone else's fault?

Ducked.
Whining about me ignored. You seem to have conveniently forgotten that your snark initiated this round. Funny that.
Vrede too wrote:Point ducked. We've been here before, that's how you are.

... On your, cold, slaver flag defending planet all those who are grieving for the 9 killed in Charleston, including the families, can be reduced to "pissing & moaning ... and political showmanship."

Ducked. Then repeated.

Now you're so desperate to defend your apathetic, symbolism-ignorant position that you're claiming that the war wasn't over slavery, despite the secession declarations saying explicitly that it was, while you blithely ignore that it's been the intentional banner of modern racism for 60 years. Of course, this puts you somewhere to the racist right of SC's elected TP wingnuts. That's kind of pitiful.

Ducked.

Do you really think anyone believes that you'd spend so much time attacking those who want government displays of the slaver flag to cease if you don't care? Wow.

Ducked.

That's just dumb. It was flown by armies fighting for the states that said slavery was their reason for seceding. Try to make sense. Your ducking of "intentional banner of modern racism for 60 years" is noted.

Ducked.

... have you ever done anything to oppose racism? Or, are you just another old white guy that would rather just delude yourself that it doesn't exist because it makes you uncomfortable to face reality?

Ducked.

... It's that you've always been pretending that racism is none of your white privilege business and your claim that it's because you're a recent transplant to SC was dishonest. That your apathy always has extended to a wide range of other issues is nothing to brag about.

Ducked.
Vrede too wrote:As we established and you ducked after you falsely accused the slaver flag opponents of being the ignorant ones, most of the slaver flag defenders are ignorant about even the basics of the Civil War. I think O Really meant an informed and coherent definition.
Ducked.
We've been here before, too.
Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Yep, as all your running away demonstrates, it's because my harsh-ish style is accompanied by fact, logic and reason that you ... are incapable of even trying to address. So, y'all throw a hissy fit.
Vrede too wrote:... you've chosen to make your discussions with me as much about me as about the issue at hand....
Point proved, thank you. It's even become exclusively about me. Sad.
Again. :roll:
Vrede too wrote:
Seth Milner wrote:... now there's no more hate, everyone will be joining hands and singing, no more Dylnn Roofs waving a flag as a symbol of hatred, and we'll all live happily ever after ...
Ummm, you've been told over and over that getting rid of government displays of the slaver flag is a near term beginning point, not any kind of ultimate resolution. Why are you so foolish as to repeatedly create the lame strawman that anyone, anyone has suggested otherwise? ...
NYC Doesn't Fly Confederate Flags, But It's Still A Shrine To Slaveowners and Slave Profiteers

The Workforce Is Even More Divided by Race Than You Think

Police up to 28 times more likely to stop and search black people – study

Schools’ Discipline for Girls Differs by Race and Hue
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Seth Milner wrote:
O Really and I disagree all the time, ask him if you're being accurate or just being a dishonest sore loser in your pitiful defense of slavers and racists. Of course, neither O Really nor JTA would ever be that far on the white right, so your post is whiny nonsense. You are correct that I'm boastful. It's hilarious that you've picked a position that even the wingnutty SC TP GOP can't stomach. Thank you.
Vrede too wrote:We've been here before, too.
Vrede too wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Yep, as all your running away demonstrates, it's because my harsh-ish style is accompanied by fact, logic and reason that you ... are incapable of even trying to address. So, y'all throw a hissy fit.
Vrede too wrote:... you've chosen to make your discussions with me as much about me as about the issue at hand....
Point proved, thank you. It's even become exclusively about me. Sad.
Again. :roll:
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied,
I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.'

The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill ,
the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.'
The cop was happy and left the shop.

The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you ' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Congressman came in for a haircut,and when he went to pay his bill ,
the barber again replied, 'I can not accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.'

The Congressman was very happy and left the shop.

The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.

As Mark Twain said:
BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!