The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:"Do not be sexually involved with a man as you would with a woman"
"Does it ever once say, "Do not be sexually involved with a woman as you would with a man"?"
You've confused yourself with the "Gay" Bible; but then homosexuality is confused anyway, so it makes no difference....however, I'm certain that's one Commandment you've not broken. :gayhappy:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:Do not be sexually involved with a man as you would with a woman
Does it ever once say, "Do not be sexually involved with a woman as you would with a man"?
I never saw it, or anything about marrying a lawnmower,0 but then bb often sees things that don't exist.
If not, it must be because god likes to watch, nttawwt. :o
Last edited by Vrede too on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Ivanka Trump Tweeted About Religious Tolerance. It Didn’t Go Down Well.
Most people asked if she’d pass the message on to her father, President Donald Trump.

Ivanka Trump Verified account
‏@IvankaTrump

America is a nation built on the principle of religious tolerance. We must protect our houses of worship & religious centers. #JCC
Please say that on @foxnews so your dad hears it
@IvankaTrump This tweet means nothing. You campaigned for your father while he traveled the country promising to ban Muslims from entering.
@IvankaTrump it's not too late to come out against your father. Mine is demented too. You don't have to pay for his crimes. Take a stand!
@IvankaTrump you know what would be a great way of doing that? Have your dad to tell all his nazi/klan supporters to eff off.
.@IvankaTrump it would be super super cool if you would lecture your dad on this subject. but let's be real, this tweet is to save face.
.@IvankaTrump Seriously #Ivanka? Are you so tone-deaf, or drowning in hubris, that u don't realize how disingenuous & ironic this tweet is?
@IvankaTrump *cough* mosques? *cough*
@IvankaTrump How can you remain silent on Donald Trump's attacks on minorities when he targets people who are in the US LEGALLY?
She's only talking about everyone tolerating her religion.
Exactly, because there is only one true religion and it's "mine".

.... or rather the one you happen to be born into.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Mr.B wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:For bb,

One of the most noticeable elements of the work is a large section concerning the following sexual activities, which are prohibited lest the land spue you out:

Do not be sexually involved with your close relatives
Do not be sexually involved with your mother or step-mother
Do not be sexually involved with your sister, step-sister, or sister-in-law
Do not be sexually involved with your aunts (biological or through marriage)
Do not be sexually involved with your granddaughter
Do not be sexually involved with your daughter-in-law
Do not be sexually involved with a woman as well as her daughter
Do not be sexually involved with a ritually unclean woman
Do not be sexually involved with your neighbour's wife
Do not pass your seed/children through the fire to Moloch
Do not be sexually involved with a man as you would with a woman
Do not be sexually involved with a beast

Pretty long list to be so upset about one little part
Inasmuch as you've been "spued" out, I guess that means you failed all the above tests? Pity.
Your god guy should have included some sort of rule about judging others.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

billy.pilgrim wrote:"Your god guy should have included some sort of rule about judging others."
He did. You failed as well.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Mr.B wrote:
rstrong wrote:
Mr.B wrote:"I've said many times before my words were twisted to reflect different meanings. My personal opinion of his lifestyle would be that of a Bible-believing Christian."
"Only that of a Bible-believing Christian who happens to have cherry-picked bits of the Bible the way you have."
Good grief, rstrong! It's right there in black and white; of course I "picked it". All you God-haters use that phrase when someone points out Biblical writings. You may as well give it up; it ain't going away. I "picked it" because it means what it says. If I believe that the Biblical writings were inspired by God, then it matters not who wrote it. Stay on your tangent all you like; It's there, I believe it, that settles it.

"Entire branches of Christianity disagree with you."
That matters not to me either; they can disagree all they like. Just as above; it's there, it's been there a long time, and it ain't going any where. "Entire branches of 'Christianity' " can bow down and kiss the world's hind-end if they want to, I'll have no part of it, and if my church ever marries a "gay" couple, I'm outta there. It's not that I "hate" anyone, it's their sin I "hate". Sin is sin, the Bible I believe defines it, and because I believe it doesn't make me a closet "gay".
Mr.B wrote:"Westborians are ultra-religious, Sharia-minded schizophrenics"
"Or they're not religious at all, but use religion as a smoke screen for legal trolling. The point of picketing and protesting veterans' funerals is to engage in vile but legal behavior until some town or police force violates their rights. And then they sue."
I hadn't looked at that angle, sounds logical though. I was aware that the head nut-job's daughter was an attorney though.
Mr.B wrote:The "good people" you've described above exhibit their own form of "hate" when they attack my Christian beliefs
"No-one is attacking your Christian beliefs. They're attacking your hate and bigotry, which you use your personal interpretation of Christianity to justify and shield yourself."
Yes they are, just as you are now. I've explained many times why I condemn homosexuality, and I get slammed with the "hate and bigotry" handle, as well as accused of using God's Word as my "personal interpretation" of the Bible. You're merely exposing your own hatred of God and Biblical teachings as well as hatred toward those who believe in and follow those teachings.

You're not the first to condemn Biblical teachings, many more are out there, and many more will come; but you know what...? I'm not worried about it; I don't run and stick my head in the sand .... I can still hold my head up and wear my armor that your words and hatred cannot pierce...

Ephesians 6:11-18

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:Good grief, rstrong! It's right there in black and white; of course I "picked it".
And yet you casually dismiss OTHER directives also there in black and white.
Mr.B wrote: Sin is sin, the Bible I believe defines it,
The same Letter to the Corinthians that defines homosexuality as sin equally defines letting women speak in church as sin. And yet you dismiss the latter as nonsense. Hypocrite.
Mr.B wrote:I hadn't looked at that angle, sounds logical though. I was aware that the head nut-job's daughter was an attorney though.
Fred Phelps was a lawyer and founded the family law firm before being permanently disbarred. Eleven of his thirteen children are lawyers

WBC is considered a nonprofit organization by the federal government, so the whole scam is exempt from paying taxes.
Mr.B wrote:You're not the first to condemn Biblical teachings,
I merely ignore the directives I disagree with. You know, just like you do. We've merely cherry-picked differently.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Mr.B is "not the first to" embrace "Biblical teachings" that rationalize pathetic bigotry, yet his own church would now shun the advocates for Jim Crow that once were respected members. The same will happen with his kinky obsession with the sex that other consenting adults are having.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I know you aren't stupid and you know full well what the Bible says and what it means, as well as the difference between a "directive" and an out and out sin. A woman speaking (preaching) in church is not defined as a sin, whereas a man or woman having sexual relations with one of the same sex is. I could use some of homophobe's colorful and (accurate) descriptions, but I don't think I wish to go down that road, because you know exactly what he's said, and his descriptions, though crude and abusive, are sadly, accurate.

Therefore, we have beat this dead horse over and over until there's not even a greasy spot left, and I'm aware you're merely baiting and trolling me, and now we're finished with it. I'm not going to wake up one morning and smack my forehead and tell myself "Wow! rstrong is right! Why I'm going out right now and announce to the world that homosexuality is God's plan for mankind." It ain't gonna happen, Dude. If you don't believe in God, or the Bible's definitions of sin (where ever the cherry tree's growing), that's your business ... God gave you that right, the same right He gave the homosexual to turn his back on Him. So..there you have it.

rstrong wrote:
Mr.B wrote:Good grief, rstrong! It's right there in black and white; of course I "picked it".
And yet you casually dismiss OTHER directives also there in black and white.
Sad, you (claim you) don't know the difference between a "directive" and a sin.
Mr.B wrote: Sin is sin, the Bible I believe defines it,
The same Letter to the Corinthians that defines homosexuality as sin equally defines letting women speak in church as sin.
And yet you dismiss the latter as nonsense. Hypocrite.
Sad, you (claim you) don't know the difference between a "directive" and a sin. The letter to the Corinthians only reiterated what has already been said; Paul hadn't just made it up. Of course, you know that. Idiot.
Mr.B wrote:I hadn't looked at that angle, sounds logical though. I was aware that the head nut-job's daughter was an attorney though.
Fred Phelps was a lawyer and founded the family law firm before being permanently disbarred. Eleven of his thirteen children are lawyers.
The daughter I spoke of is the lead mouth-piece.

WBC is considered a nonprofit organization by the federal government, so the whole scam is exempt from paying taxes.
That fact, I was aware of.
Mr.B wrote:You're not the first to condemn Biblical teachings,
I merely ignore the directives I disagree with. You know, just like you do. We've merely cherry-picked differently.
You ignore all of them, "directives" and defined sins; no cherry-picking involved; all atheists do ... but, that's your personal decision. I made my choices, they're my personal decisions. Call 'em what you like, I've heard it ever since I started going to church ... (which hasn't been my entire life)
We're finished now.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tell Congress: Don’t gut the Johnson Amendment!

Petition to Congress:
Since 1954, the Johnson Amendment has drawn a bright line between tax-exempt religious organizations and other charities, and political spending to support or attack candidates. At this year’s National Prayer Breakfast, Donald Trump vowed to “totally destroy” the Johnson Amendment – which could introduce billions of dollars of new secret money into politics and effectively grant a tax break for anonymous political spending. Please reject any attempt to undermine the Johnson Amendment.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:I know you aren't stupid and you know full well what the Bible says and what it means, as well as the difference between a "directive" and an out and out sin. A woman speaking (preaching) in church is not defined as a sin, whereas a man or woman having sexual relations with one of the same sex is.
Both are treated equally - as sin, as forbidden, whatever you want to call it - in Paul's Memo to the Corinthians. It's not "reiterating what has already been said"; that's the ONLY reference to homosexuality in the New Testament.

(If you plan to reverse your policy of ignoring inconvenient Old Testament directives by claiming that the Old Testament is not part of Christianity, just remember that the Old Testament ALSO tells us that women aren't allowed to speak in church.)

BTW, Paul's ban on women speaking in church isn't just about preaching. Women aren't even allowed to ask a question in church. They must remain silent, wait until they get home, and ask their husband.

You don't follow the Bible; you make it follow you, cherry-picking to match your bigotry and phobias and convenience.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

There we have it, Mr.B's logic, religion and "morality" at work. Old Testament or New, passages from the same books written with the same strength and fervor are either directives or out and out sins based on nothing more than his personal and obsessive bigotry. I guess all the scripture about hypocrisy is mere "directive", too. This must explain why his consistently violating the YUGE number of passages about honesty, far more than anything said about gays or most other things and even to the point of a Commandment, is not a "sin". :roll:
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr. B
Bible says and what it means
That's hilarious.... that's the same excuse people use for Trump now. "I know that's what he said, but it's not what he meant!!!"

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Take that ACLU, FFRF, Vrede, k9nanny, Bannination, and the rest of you God-haters...!!!

"IN GOD WE TRUST" has been placed on the front of the Historic Courthouse in Hendersonville, a year-and-a-half after county commissioners
agreed to display the nation's motto at the Historic Courthouse on Main Street and the 1995 Courthouse on Grove Street.

The project was funded by the U.S. Motto Action Committee, which first presented the idea of displaying the motto on county buildings
at the commissioners' Aug. 3, 2015 meeting. The lettering was approved in September 2015.

During the September meeting, Commissioner Bill Lapsley said the motto reflects the feelings of county residents at large,
and that he felt keeping the motto inside the board's chambers would limit its reach.

The motto is now displayed at the Historic Courthouse, the county courthouse on Grove Street
and in the commissioners' meeting room inside the Historic Courthouse.

:clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:[....]
Vrede two wrote:[....]
bannination wrote:[....]
(Or comprehend)

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:
rstrong wrote:You don't follow the Bible; you make it follow you, cherry-picking to match your bigotry and phobias and convenience.
(Or comprehend)
Aaaaaaannnd one more time Mr.B runs away, still incapable of addressing the hypocrisy in the religious claim he uses as a smoke-screen for his bigotry.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote: "Aaaaaaannnd one more time Mr.B runs away, still incapable of addressing the hypocrisy in the religious claim he uses as a smoke-screen for his bigotry."
I've addressed it many times ... re-read the words in the meme; they suit you well.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:
rstrong wrote: "Aaaaaaannnd one more time Mr.B runs away, still incapable of addressing the hypocrisy in the religious claim he uses as a smoke-screen for his bigotry."
I've addressed it many times ... re-read the words in the meme; they suit you well.
You have never addressed it. You post insults and maybe a non sequitur, and then run away.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
"I've addressed it many times ... re-read the words in the meme; they suit you well."
"You have never addressed it. You post insults and maybe a non sequitur, and then run away."
Yes I have, you ignore them, make your projections, and twist my words to impress your peers.