trump Took All Sorts of Documents?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: trump Took Nuclear Documents?

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think a passport only costs about a hundred dollars. I wonder if he's thinking about going somewhere. He could easily do that in his big plane that's being refurbished for the past year. I guess he's reluctant to leave the adoring mass of 20 million fools that continue to send him money.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:53 pm
I think a passport only costs about a hundred dollars. I wonder if he's thinking about going somewhere. He could easily do that in his big plane that's being refurbished for the past year. I guess he's reluctant to leave the adoring mass of 20 million fools that continue to send him money.
Generally, a seized passport means a hold has been placed on getting a new one, but Idk with Dolt .45. They do ask what happened to your current passport. Lying may be illegal, and "The FBI stole it," probably doesn't get you a replacement :D . He does have enough money to fly to a few non-extradition nations that might ignore his lack of a passport.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:36 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:53 pm
Generally, a seized passport means a hold has been placed on getting a new one, but Idk with Dolt .45. They do ask what happened to your current passport. Lying may be illegal, and "The FBI stole it," probably doesn't get you a replacement :D . He does have enough money to fly to a few non-extradition nations that might ignore his lack of a passport.
Immigration asked Melania if she had ever entered the country illegally. She lied and no one cared.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

He's skeered.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:04 am
He's skeered.
:roll: All FBI agents are "gun toting", and it's odd for an NRA darling to use that whine for fear mongering.

:roll: He gives no reason for the magistrate's recusal because he has none.

On the surface one would think that the affidavit can only hurt him. So, I'm guessing that the stress on "Unredacted" is in order to ID and intimidate witnesses. Even if he can't get them to recant he can make their lives hell.

Great minds . . .
All I read is, “Who is the informant!?”
100%
Do ex-presidents get secret service protection in prison??
:lol: Good question.
This is Trump’s “What’s in the box?” Post.

:o
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:04 am
He's skeered.

He's panicking. Serves that piece of shit right.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Laugh of the day.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:05 pm
Laugh of the day.
Is suborning leaks a crime? Is there an evacuation plan for Melania? ;)

Because we know how responsible Dolt .45 is with sensitive information? Oh wait . . .
That’s some scary shit. Mob style for real.
🤣 they’ll get right on that for ya
@AlinaHabba hope you got paid in advance 😂😂😂😂😂
"How can we effectively retaliate if we don't know who did it?"
Why?
That sounds super safe 🥴
Fox would appreciate convenient entry into chicken coop.
Alina Habba

... Alina first attended Harvard University, where she received her degree in business administration. She later decided to pursue a career in law by attending Widner University Commonwealth Law School, where she met her husband and earned her LLB degree. She also attended Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Widener University--Delaware 2023 Rankings

Widener University--Delaware is ranked No. 147-192 in Best Law Schools and No. 53-69 in Part-time Law. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
This means that it is #s 147 and 53 out of 192 and 69 schools ranked respectively. So, not top tier.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Only "the best" people!

Of course the person who graduated last in their medical class is still called doctor.
-0-?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:35 pm

This means that it is #s 147 and 53 out of 192 and 69 schools ranked respectively. So, not top tier.
Yeah, it's fun to mock her, but in truth, going to a top tier school provides opportunities for higher paying jobs if you're willing to give up 20 hours of every day for 2-3 years. But it doesn't necessarily make you a better lawyer since relatively little of what you learned in law school has much to do with being a good lawyer in the real world, except for various procedural matters, research skills, etc.

Still, Widener is a pretty sharp drop for a Hahvud grad.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:58 pm
Yeah, it's fun to mock her, but in truth, going to a top tier school provides opportunities for higher paying jobs if you're willing to give up 20 hours of every day for 2-3 years. But it doesn't necessarily make you a better lawyer since relatively little of what you learned in law school has much to do with being a good lawyer in the real world, except for various procedural matters, research skills, etc.

Still, Widener is a pretty sharp drop for a Hahvud grad.
That's what I thought. For example, I just saw today that DerSantis went to Yale undergrad and Harvard Law. I know that law school is a ton of work, and there are limits to what people are capable of. So, I don't necessarily believe that a Hahvud education is that much better than Widener--Delaware, but I do think that the school that one gets into is somewhat a measure of the quality of student.

That prejudice of mine is somewhat borne out by this stupidity she's doing for TRE45ON.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

It's very hard to get into Harvard, Princeton, and other Ivies, but it's not that hard to stay in. And if you make it through the first year of law school, it's not very hard to get through the last two. Don't get me wrong, there are many advantages gained by going to an Ivy (or a Duke, Stanford, Michigan, or UVa), but it's largely in opportunities, not necessarily in long-term success.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:50 pm
It's very hard to get into Harvard, Princeton, and other Ivies, but it's not that hard to stay in. And if you make it through the first year of law school, it's not very hard to get through the last two. Don't get me wrong, there are many advantages gained by going to an Ivy (or a Duke, Stanford, Michigan, or UVa), but it's largely in opportunities, not necessarily in long-term success.
It's almost a prereq for SCOTUS, which I think is ridiculous.
List of law schools attended by United States Supreme Court justices

... In total, of the 114 justices appointed to the Court, 49 have had law degrees, an additional 18 attended some law school but did not receive a degree, and 47 received their legal education without any law school attendance.
Harvard Law School – 22 alumni; 18 graduates, including 4 of the current Justices
Harvard University, undergrad - 1
Yale Law School – 11 alumni, 9 graduates, including 4 of the current Justices
Yale University, undergrad - 2
Columbia Law School – 7 alumni, 4 graduates
Columbia University, undergrad - 2
Princeton University, undergrad - 3
Dartmouth College, undergrad - 1
University of Pennsylvania Law School - 1

Notre Dame Law School - 1, Amy Coney Barrett, the only non-Ivy on the current court
Maryland, Miami, Montana, North Carolina - 0 :ateeth:

By my count 81 of the 114 attended an Ivy. :roll:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yup, opportunities. But who's going to argue that Boof, et. al. were great lawyers?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:08 am
Yup, opportunities. But who's going to argue that Boof, et. al. were great lawyers?
Hah, I was going to post without looking, "We have to account for wealthy donors and legacy admissions," two often overlooked elements of white privilege. I decided to look up Boof, though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Kav ... _education
... Kavanaugh's father was a lawyer and served as the president of the Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association for two decades. His mother was a history teacher at Woodson and McKinley high schools in Washington in the 1960s and 1970s. She earned a law degree from American University in 1978 and served from 1995 to 2001 as a Maryland Circuit Court judge in Montgomery County, Maryland.

Kavanaugh was raised in Bethesda, Maryland. As a teenager, he attended Georgetown Preparatory School, a Jesuit boys' college prep school ...
I apologize on behalf of my hood, and wealthy donor is possible.
After graduating from Georgetown Prep in 1983, Kavanaugh went to Yale University, as had his paternal grandfather.

Kavanaugh then attended Yale Law School ...
Aha!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I skimmed this and the Ex President* Trump threads and couldn't find any of us predicting that TRE45ON would eventually lose the RepuQs over this serious national security breach, but it may finally be happening:

Republicans, Once Outraged by Mar-a-Lago Search, Become Quieter as Details Emerge

Seems that everything the Trumpettes demand - Merrick statement, release of the search warrant, release of the supporting affidavit - hurts their idol more. Is this happenstance or crafty planning by DoJ? Maybe it's happening, but I'm not hearing Trumpette demands to un-redact the affidavit. Funny that.

Heard on cable news, paraphrased: If Trump did declassify everything that means he declassified it for everyone - you, me, Russian spies (the ones that didn't already get a look at Mar-a-Lardo), and even bomb-throwing (nttawwt) billy.pilgrim.

Okay RepuQs, start demanding that all of the docs be immediately made public. As if.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:39 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:50 pm
It's almost a prereq for SCOTUS, which I think is ridiculous.

... In total, of the 114 justices appointed to the Court, 49 have had law degrees, an additional 18 attended some law school but did not receive a degree, and 47 received their legal education without any law school attendance.
Harvard Law School – 22 alumni; 18 graduates, including 4 of the current Justices
Harvard University, undergrad - 1
Yale Law School – 11 alumni, 9 graduates, including 4 of the current Justices
Yale University, undergrad - 2
Columbia Law School – 7 alumni, 4 graduates
Columbia University, undergrad - 2
Princeton University, undergrad - 3
Dartmouth College, undergrad - 1
University of Pennsylvania Law School - 1

Notre Dame Law School - 1, Amy Coney Barrett, the only non-Ivy on the current court
Maryland, Miami, Montana, North Carolina - 0 :ateeth:

You left out my Dad's school in tiny Lebanon, Tennessee. Cumberland was the loser in the only college football game ever played where no one made a 1st down.

In the foyer of Caruthers Hall, the “Law Barn,” class pictures attest to the quality of the Cumberland education. Among the graduates are governors, senators, state and U.S. Supreme Court justices (Horace Lurton and Howell Jackson), and a secretary of state, Nobel Peace laureate Cordell Hull.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:40 pm
Vrede too wrote:

... Maryland, Miami, Montana, North Carolina - 0 :ateeth:

You left out my Dad's school in tiny Lebanon, Tennessee. Cumberland was the loser in the only college football game ever played where no one made a 1st down.

In the foyer of Caruthers Hall, the “Law Barn,” class pictures attest to the quality of the Cumberland education. Among the graduates are governors, senators, state and U.S. Supreme Court justices (Horace Lurton and Howell Jackson), and a secretary of state, Nobel Peace laureate Cordell Hull.
Congrats and sorry for the omission. I limited my post to current justices and tallying without names the overall Ivy production. My link does indeed list your Dad's guys in its Two justices section. Cumberland matches Northwestern, Stanford, UVA and others! None for over 100 years, though. :(

P.S. I was hoping to commiserate with you, but it looks like Auburn doesn't have a law school. The University of Alabama School of Law did educate one surprisingly sometimes excellent SCOTUS justice, Hugo Black.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:28 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:40 pm
Vrede too wrote:

... Maryland, Miami, Montana, North Carolina - 0 :ateeth:

Congrats and sorry for the omission. I limited my post to current justices and tallying without names the overall Ivy production. My link does indeed list your Dad's guys in its Two justices section. Cumberland matches Northwestern, Stanford, UVA and others! None for over 100 years, though. :(

P.S. I was hoping to commiserate with you, but it looks like Auburn doesn't have a law school. The University of Alabama School of Law did educate one surprisingly sometimes excellent SCOTUS justice, Hugo Black.
Yep, Auburn was strictly a farm and engineering school. I'm satisfied with alumni Tim Cook, Sir Charles, Vince Dooley, Octavia Spencer and Jimmy Wales. Buffet attended but didn't graduate.

When we moved there it was called Alabama Polytechnic Institute.

Heisman denied the 222 to 0 score was revenge for Cumberland beating Georgia Tech 22 to 0 in baseball earlier in the year, but the numbers look suspicious.

O Really
Admiral

I saw an article last week sometime (I'll see if I can find it again) that compared Auburn fans to Alabama fans. May have also said "grads" but I'm not sure. Summary: Auburn people are more interesting and preferable to hang out with.

Edit: this one isn't it, but it's fun.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/aubur ... abama-fan/