Impeachment

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Alan also said that he was "not happy seeing Nixon's gang being tried by blacks and liberals"
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:41 pm
I heard on TV news that your TN Sen. Lamar Alexander is one of the swing Repugs that might vote FOR calling witnesses. Could be worth a non-scathing comm from you.
Yeah, I saw that last night. But I will wait until he actually does so before becoming Shiva on him. My other "Senator" Marsha Blackburn is a pseudo Christian sycophant who would suck trump's cock on camera while humming Christian hymns like "Onward Christian Soldiers" if he told her to.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:42 am
Vrede too wrote:
I heard on TV news that your TN Sen. Lamar Alexander is one of the swing Repugs that might vote FOR calling witnesses. Could be worth a non-scathing comm from you.
Yeah, I saw that last night. But I will wait until he actually does so before becoming Shiva on him. My other "Senator" Marsha Blackburn is a pseudo Christian sycophant who would suck trump's cock on camera while humming Christian hymns like "Onward Christian Soldiers" if he told her to.

Lamar is a full fledged completely out of touch lying silver spoon idiot whose only claim of ever doing anything rests with his dumbass walk across the length of Tennessee wearing a red plaid flannel shirt. Rain or shine, hot or below 0, Lamar became one with the people. When asked why, he explained to the dumbass people of Tennessee that he hired a New York advertising firm and they told him that if he wore a flannel shirt and walked across Tennessee that the dumbass people in Tennessee were so stupid that they would see him as one of them - a true man of the people.

After crooked dem governor Ray Blanton, Patrick Starfish could have won.

Rich stupid people don't change their stripes, Lamar is a Republican all the way.
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:20 pm
Alan also said that he was "not happy seeing Nixon's gang being tried by blacks and liberals"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/20/politics ... index.html

He continued, "I've done the research now -- I wasn't wrong (at the time), I am just far more correct now than I was then. I said you didn't need a technical crime back then. I still don't think you need a technical crime."

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:14 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

Lamar is a full fledged completely out of touch lying silver spoon idiot whose only claim of ever doing anything rests with his dumbass walk across the length of Tennessee wearing a red plaid flannel shirt. Rain or shine, hot or below 0, Lamar became one with the people. When asked why, he explained to the dumbass people of Tennessee that he hired a New York advertising firm and they told him that if he wore a flannel shirt and walked across Tennessee that the dumbass people in Tennessee were so stupid that they would see him as one of them - a true man of the people.

Rich stupid people don't change their stripes, Lamar is a Republican all the way.
Yeah, like I say, I will wait before giving him any honorable mention. The last time TN had anybody worth a shit was Howard Baker. But I will give Bob Corker credit for seeing pretty quick that trump is full of shit.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
I meant a positive note now urging him to do the right thing, but no harm in prepping your inner Shiva.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:19 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
I meant a positive note now urging him to do the right thing, but no harm in prepping your inner Shiva.
Point taken, but he's gonna be busy for the next two or three days and me sending him anything before the issue is decided would only mean some staff member (might) read it so I will wait until he shows his true stripes and then act accordingly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:49 pm
Moscow Fucking Mitch.
McConnell backs off, abruptly eases impeachment trial limits

At this point even tiny victories feel huge.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Sic 'em, Shiva.
Senate approves impeachment trial rules, rejecting witnesses

... Over and over, Republicans turned back Democratic amendments to subpoena documents from the White House, State Department, Defense Department and budget office. By the same 53-47 party-line, they turned away witnesses with front-row seats to Trump's actions including acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and John Bolton, the former national security adviser critical of the Ukraine policy.

Only on one amendment, to allow more time to file motions, did a single Republican, Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, join Democrats. But it, too, was rejected, 52-48....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Added to:

Dolt .45’s legal team, only “the best”:

Alan Dershowitz - lawyer for OJ, Jim Bakker and Jeffrey Epstein
Ken Starr - persecuted Bill Clinton for fibbing about sex, presided over the Baylor athlete sex crimes and coverup
Pam Bondi - failed at overturning the ACA, illegally bribed to not sue Trump U, public association with Scientology, registered lobbyist for Qatar
Pat Cipollone - Catholic activist, proponent of dictatorial view of executive authority
Jay Sekulow - bankruptcy protection in 1987 and was sued by investors for fraud and securities violations, general counsel for Jews for Jesus, rightwing radio host, self-dealing charity management, prominent Islamophobe, directed and abetted Michael Cohen's Trump Tower Moscow perjury, implicated in the Ukraine scandal
Robert Ray - Ken Starr Whitewater protege and successor
Rudy Giuliani - unindicted co-conspirator

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-de ... 58307.html

Trump’s Legal Team Is Made Up of Religious Fanatics and TV Personalities
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:40 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Sic 'em, Shiva.
Senate approves impeachment trial rules, rejecting witnesses

... Over and over, Republicans turned back Democratic amendments to subpoena documents from the White House, State Department, Defense Department and budget office. By the same 53-47 party-line, they turned away witnesses with front-row seats to Trump's actions including acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and John Bolton, the former national security adviser critical of the Ukraine policy.

Only on one amendment, to allow more time to file motions, did a single Republican, Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, join Democrats. But it, too, was rejected, 52-48....
Yeah, I watched quite a bit of the trial yesterday and Lamar as well as the rest of the sycophants let me down. But just wait; when they get to the point where they vote on whether to have additional evidence and witnesses, I will certainly let Marsha and Lamar know who I am and how I feel. I laughed out loud during trump's attorneys presentation; it sounded like a fucking broken record....continual whining mostly about shit that didn't even happen, like the old "secret" hearings blather, and the "unfair" but imaginary "no due process" bullshit and of course the howling about Schiff's parody of trump's conversation and how it was somehow a lie. These people are top shelf idiots. They must be smart enough to know that what they're saying is bullshit. It's really quite amazing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:03 am
Yeah, I watched quite a bit of the trial yesterday and Lamar as well as the rest of the sycophants let me down. But just wait; when they get to the point where they vote on whether to have additional evidence and witnesses, I will certainly let Marsha and Lamar know who I am and how I feel. I laughed out loud during trump's attorneys presentation; it sounded like a fucking broken record....continual whining mostly about shit that didn't even happen, like the old "secret" hearings blather, and the "unfair" but imaginary "no due process" bullshit and of course the howling about Schiff's parody of trump's conversation and how it was somehow a lie. These people are top shelf idiots. They must be smart enough to know that what they're saying is bullshit. It's really quite amazing.
You're better informed than me, and I thought the witness vote was coming days later, but that article says:
... Republicans turned back Democratic amendments ... they turned away witnesses with front-row seats to Trump's actions ...
:headscratch:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:18 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:03 am
You're better informed than me, and I thought the witness vote was coming days later, but that article says:
... Republicans turned back Democratic amendments ... they turned away witnesses with front-row seats to Trump's actions ...
:headscratch:
Misleading, they tabled the votes until after presentations and questions to give the appearance of fairness.

Then they'll say no.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:44 pm
Misleading, they tabled the votes until after presentations and questions to give the appearance of fairness.

Then they'll say no.
Ah, thanks, the reporters should have made the distinction between tabled and voted down. Their "turned back/turned away" is too vague.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Sorry, I should have noted that all this was voting on Schumer's prposal. It was sort of like a pre game show. The real lunacy is still to come.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:06 pm
Sorry, I should have noted that all this was voting on Schumer's proposal. It was sort of like a pre game show. The real lunacy is still to come.
Not your fault at all - the reporters' for being vague and mine for making assumptions.

How does one even identify "real lunacy" anymore?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:12 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:06 pm
Sorry, I should have noted that all this was voting on Schumer's proposal. It was sort of like a pre game show. The real lunacy is still to come.
Not your fault at all - the reporters' for being vague and mine for making assumptions.

How does one even identify "real lunacy" anymore?
:thumbup: Stay tuned I guess. This whole thing is weird. Makes me think of the first line of a song; "When the truth is found = to be lies...."

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:32 pm

:thumbup: Stay tuned I guess. This whole thing is weird. Makes me think of the first line of a song; "When the truth is found = to be lies...."
Or, from the same philosophers...

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head"

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:35 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Or, from the same philosophers...

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head"
You know.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.