Impeachment

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
PeacefulPartier
Pilot Officer

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by PeacefulPartier »

A guy gave money to a PAC and that means something to you? Connect those dots for me.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

PeacefulPartier wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:26 pm
A guy gave money to a PAC and that means something to you? Connect those dots for me.
Why? Too dumb to figure things out for yourself?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Found:
News Flash: Mexico has agreed to pay for Trump's Impeachment
Many people are saying the TV Ratings for the Impeachment Hearings will be even more bigly than The Apprentice!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 am
Wow, it's a little early for a Hail Mary,

I'm not so sure of that.

but there it is.

Washington Post: State Department steps up email probe of dozens of former Hillary Clinton aides
I like to tell Trumpette cons how much I savor their tears of impotent frustration over no Dems being charged, even after years of Repug govt.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Republican leadership memo suggests Senate can't block trial if House votes to impeach

It's very revealing that Repugs are researching how to shirk their constitutional duties rather than how to honor and uphold them.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:11 pm
Republican leadership memo suggests Senate can't block trial if House votes to impeach

It's very revealing that Repugs are researching how to shirk their constitutional duties rather than how to honor and uphold them.
At that point we'd have no constitution.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

This morning my "representative" Phil Roe sent me (and I assume all other constituents who've signed up for his often comedic statements) a multiple choice survey regarding impeachment. I immediately filled in the "impeach the president" choice but after sending it I got no type of confirmation that my answer had been sent. This made me suspicious since the only other time I sent in a survey question response I DID get a confirmation statement. So, this put me into a higher gear and I had to fill out a bunch of other info to send Phil an email. My message consisted of pretty much what I indicate above about whether my answer was recorded or not. I didn't want him to not benefit from my answer choice. At least I got a "your message was sent" notice at that point. Phil will now definitely know my opinion on this issue.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:32 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:11 pm

At that point we'd have no constitution.
Not sure if they can actually do it, but I wonder if they can pull a stunt like they did with Obama and just not hold a vote on his Merrick Garland appointment in the same way with regard to articles of impeachment. If they can, I wouldn't put it past that sleazy turtle head doing such a thing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:44 am
Not sure if they can actually do it, but I wonder if they can pull a stunt like they did with Obama and just not hold a vote on his Merrick Garland appointment in the same way with regard to articles of impeachment. If they can, I wouldn't put it past that sleazy turtle head doing such a thing.
You aren't the only one.
McConnell reaffirms he has 'no choice': Senate will take up impeachment if it passes House

... Even before the House began work on impeachment, speculation surfaced that McConnell could simply stall the process when and if it reached the Senate, possibly using the same rationale that he used to bury President Obama’s nomination of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court in 2016: that with a new election looming, the voters should have a “voice” in the process. The Senate majority leader, who exercises virtually unchallenged power to determine what comes to the floor for a vote, has also been unilaterally holding up consideration of hundreds of bills passed by the House this year, including a widely supported measure on background checks for gun purchasers.

The Constitution gives the Senate the power to try the president if he is impeached by the House, but it does not set a timetable for the process....
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:50 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:44 am
You aren't the only one.
McConnell reaffirms he has 'no choice': Senate will take up impeachment if it passes House

... Even before the House began work on impeachment, speculation surfaced that McConnell could simply stall the process when and if it reached the Senate, possibly using the same rationale that he used to bury President Obama’s nomination of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court in 2016: that with a new election looming, the voters should have a “voice” in the process. The Senate majority leader, who exercises virtually unchallenged power to determine what comes to the floor for a vote, has also been unilaterally holding up consideration of hundreds of bills passed by the House this year, including a widely supported measure on background checks for gun purchasers.

The Constitution gives the Senate the power to try the president if he is impeached by the House, but it does not set a timetable for the process....
Well, goddamn, Sam. The rules of the Senate need to be changed from this travesty. What kind of mind bending logic prevailed to allow one man to decide what gets voted on? It sounds like something the peaceful partier would endorse; that in itself makes me suspicious of it.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

McConnell sitting on the impeachment wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. If Senate Republicans just refused to convict, Trump would be even more intolerable and probably get a little boost for the election. Better to be pending than to be acquitted.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:27 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 am
Wow, it's a little early for a Hail Mary,

I'm not so sure of that.

but there it is.

Washington Post: State Department steps up email probe of dozens of former Hillary Clinton aides
I like to tell Trumpette cons how much I savor their tears of impotent frustration over no Dems being charged, even after years of Repug govt.
There will not be tears. It was the ((Deep State)) in an all out Cold Civil War out to protect liberal pedophiles and attack the bestest president ever for no reason.

Lock her up, lock her up.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:09 pm
There will not be tears. It was the ((Deep State)) in an all out Cold Civil War out to protect liberal pedophiles and attack the bestest president ever for no reason.

Lock her up, lock her up.
I stand corrected :oops: .

A new nightmare for y'all:

Could President Trump be impeached and convicted – but also reelected?

Yes, he can.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Meltdown of the day 😛
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
1h
As I learn more and more each day, I am coming to the conclusion that what is taking place is not an impeachment, it is a COUP, intended to take away the Power of the....
....People, their VOTE, their Freedoms, their Second Amendment, Religion, Military, Border Wall, and their God-given rights as a Citizen of The United States of America!

Is there doubt this is gonna get weirder and more extreme?

I'd love to see the 25th and impeachment.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:10 pm
Meltdown of the day 😛
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
1h
As I learn more and more each day, I am coming to the conclusion that what is taking place is not an impeachment, it is a COUP, intended to take away the Power of the....
....People, their VOTE, their Freedoms, their Second Amendment, Religion, Military, Border Wall, and their God-given rights as a Citizen of The United States of America!

Word salad

A word salad is a "confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases", most often used to describe a symptom of a neurological or mental disorder. The words may or may not be grammatically correct, but are semantically confused to the point that the listener cannot extract any meaning from them. The term is often used in psychiatry as well as in theoretical linguistics to describe a type of grammatical acceptability judgement by native speakers, and in computer programming to describe textual randomization.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:22 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:10 pm
Meltdown of the day 😛
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
1h

Word salad

A word salad is a "confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases", most often used to describe a symptom of a neurological or mental disorder. The words may or may not be grammatically correct, but are semantically confused to the point that the listener cannot extract any meaning from them. The term is often used in psychiatry as well as in theoretical linguistics to describe a type of grammatical acceptability judgement by native speakers, and in computer programming to describe textual randomization.

Trump and salad? First time for everything :laughing-rolling:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:18 am
Trump and salad? First time for everything :laughing-rolling:
Be fair. There's reality TV ham salad, routine egg on his face salad, wannabe Caesar salad, fruitcake salad with lots of impeachments, Stormy's favorite - mushroom salad, and of course Vietnam chickenhawk salad.
1312. ETTD.