Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:17 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:03 pm
https://youtu.be/f1HIQqVBx20

strange, I watched the full episode this morning but can't find it now. the highlights move quicker anyway.
Not sure what you watched, but I found it twice, both available for purchase only:
The Monsters are Due on Maple Street
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfHts_7Jk_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWQLCWT6RIs

COVID-19 profiteering?

Here's a more modern remake, I did not watch it:
THE TWILIGHT ZONE("The Monsters Are on Maple Street")

I saw those too. This morning the full episode was free.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

It's showing no signs of slowing down, and the numbers are probably underestimated.

We're looking at about a million cases within 30 days.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

bannination wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:46 pm
It's showing no signs of slowing down, and the numbers are probably underestimated.

Can't seem to find any info....has China leveled off?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

How sweeet would it be if Gaetz got the virus... Karma's a bitch sometimes.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspoli ... &ocid=iehp

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:53 pm
How sweeet would it be if Gaetz got the virus... Karma's a bitch sometimes.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspoli ... &ocid=iehp
An immediate bitch sometimes, so soon after he mocked the disease with that idiotic gas mask.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:52 pm
bannination wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Can't seem to find any info....has China leveled off?
If we can believe anything they say, yes, through their intense quarantine I think it's down to about 100 new cases per day, vs 2500 or so per day.

We're still growing every day at an exponential rate. Unless something changes that's around a cool mil in 30 days.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Hopefully the slime bag lives in CA or some other state with an anti price gouging law so that his ummmm "customers" can turn his sorry ass in.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:34 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:25 am
Cruz is going to voluntary self-quarantine from attending that same meeting. I guess it's too much to hope for that the deniers will get a good dose of reality.
He supposedly shook hands with the NJ assassin. I think Cruz should suck it up and attend Repug caucuses.
Yet another one:

Mark Meadows To Self-Quarantine After Potential Contact With Coronavirus Patient

They will write songs about and erect statues of the NJ assassin. Comments:
CPAC Corona Political Action Committee
Seems like the virus was on the money that was passed around at the CPAC and the people who received it.
Rep. Meadows finally has some respect for science?
:lol: :clap:
It’s very thoughtful of Meadows to self-quarantine so he doesn’t act as a carrier. He isn’t worried about getting the virus himself as invertebrates are immune to the virus.
:thumbup:
Trump should fire Meadows right now for going against tRumps proclamation that even if you get the virus you should still go to work. Please, Meadows, just go to work in the White House and do your job. Shake hands with every tRump minion you can find. The country will thank you for it.
He would finally be serving his country.
Over a democratic hoax? What is he going to do when there are 200,000 active cases instead of 600? That is estimated to happen by the end of April...
He probably figures the longer he's not doing his Chief of Staff job the longer he might get to stay in it.
:laughing-rolling:
Donald's calling it a hoax and his chief of staff is quarantined. LOL
I get the feeling that the internet does not like Meadows.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ex-GOP Lawmaker Spots The Coronavirus Moment Donald Trump Will Come To Regret

Former Rep. David Jolly (R-Fla.) has predicted the moment that may come to define President Donald Trump’s haphazard and widely criticized response to the coronavirus crisis.

Jolly, speaking to MSNBC’s Nicole Wallace on Tuesday, likened Trump’s February claim that the number of cases in the U.S. would soon fall from 15 to “close to zero” to President George W. Bush’s misguided 2005 assertion that then-FEMA chief Michael Brown was “doing a heck of a job” tackling the fallout from Hurricane Katrina.

More than 1,000 people in the U.S. have now been sickened by the coronavirus outbreak. It has killed 31 people nationwide.

“It was that moment where he can’t take it back,” said Jolly, a GOP congressman from 2014 to 2017.

“And whether it’s incompetence or not, what Donald Trump doesn’t realize in this moment is the American people are fearful,” he continued. “He is not providing leadership, in fact he is asking for people to accept his grievance that he is not getting a fair shake.” ...
We've all cited what should be a final straw for IMPOSPOTUS, we'll see how important this one is.

The difficult thing for Biden, other Dem pols and the DNC will be choosing from so very many 45SHOLE moments to feature.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

This is weird; trump administration classifies all meetings about Coronavirus. And because they were highly classifed, many medical experts could not attend the meetings. Nobody but a stable genius would think of such a plan.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/reuter ... 38959.html

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Oh, local Kingsport Times News says the first case of Coronavirus has been found here in Sullivan County.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:17 pm
This is weird; trump administration classifies all meetings about Coronavirus. And because they were highly classifed, many medical experts could not attend the meetings. Nobody but a stable genius would think of such a plan.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/reuter ... 38959.html
Comments:
Just what we need right now is secrecy from the Trump administration. Of course this is to protect President Bonespurs and help him in his reelection campaign.
Everyone knows that secrecy is the way to reassure the public and stabilize markets, right? :roll:
Would any Republicans here like to explain why public health information is 'classified'? Sounds like it's much, much worse than the administration is letting on.
It isn't "much worse", it is what it is. The reason they are classifying everything is because trump is a moron and and transcripts would show just how stupid and clueless he is.
Then Trump is making it look much worse than it is.
More proof of how this administration (according to tRump) is the most transparent in history. lol lol lol lol
We still need a functioning adult to replace Trump as President!!!
Trump sure is making all the right moves on getting re-elected. Not. It would be so very easy to have full transparency and let the professionals do the talking and planning. Just sit back and give the green light, and instill calm confidence. Instead he's compounding the issue and instilling fear, as the leadership is MIA. Nice work!
Should they file everything under Trump tax files?
ok, what the h*** are they hiding--and why? the "full transparency" administration, yeah, right. maybe trump is waiting for vlad to tell him how to proceed.
Might as well just give us the facts, dude. You're not gonna win in November anyway.
:thumbup:
Trump doesn't want anyone contradicting his lies.
I’m a very conservative guy. This sort of lack of transparency is disgraceful. Shame on the Trump administration. Anything to protect their own image, even if it means limiting information.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Coronavirus in New York: Another New Rochelle family tests positive as 1,000 local people quarantined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_t6GSfInrQ

March Madness audiences have been canceled, which will be very weird. Greenville, SC is one of the communities that will lose out.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

I've not seen this discussed anywhere, so either I'm an idiot, or novel like the virus.

I'm just amazed and amazed at the lack of preparedness of the United States. (Pretty much like every sane human being...) I'm looking at it from the militaristic side though. How do we spend so much goddamn money on the military and we're this unprepared for biological warfare?

I'm not saying it is biological warfare, don't get me wrong. Just that it works a lot like a biological war would and we're just pants down and bent over waiting on it even with a relatively minor person to person transmission rate.

That's the real WTF.

I still stand by a minimum of 1 million people infected within the next 28 days unless something drastic changes.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:50 pm
... I still stand by a minimum of 1 million people infected within the next 28 days unless something drastic changes.

I have a plan - buy a MAGA hat and a Clemson bumper sticker, and join CPF so that they think that I don't have any brainz.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:36 pm
NBA has suspended the rest of the season.

SF Mayor just announced banning all meetings/gatherings of more than 1,000 people.

I'm sure there's more to come...
Apparently a player on the Utah Jazz tested positive. Makes sense to suspend for a while anyways.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

bannination
Captain

I think I made a mistake in my math, I might not be sticking with 1 mil in 28 days, but it's still gonna be a helluva lot.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:49 pm
Apparently a player on the Utah Jazz tested positive. Makes sense to suspend for a while anyways.
Rudy Gobert questionable with 'illness' days after touching mics to make a point about coronavirus

... At a press conference Monday, Gobert attempted to make a point about overreaction and fear by touching everything in sight before he left. He leaned over and touched all of the microphones and recorders....
NBA suspends season after player tests positive for coronavirus

... The Athletic’s Shams Charania reports that the player who tested positive was Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert....
:lol:
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:01 am
Well, just learned that my county has also banned gatherings of more than 1,000 people until the end of March, at least.

So the Oakland Athletics are cancelling attendance at their March games in the interim. AFAIK. I think it's still pre-season, anyway. Season opener is towards end of March.
My Rage Against the Machine concert in April is 100% gonna get cancelled I bet.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

1) Brinkmanship with Iran, possible WWIII
2) Impeachment
3) Australia wildfires
4) Locusts swarming Africa
3) Coronavirus
X) Aliens?

I'm calling it now. If it's gonna happen, 2020 is gonna be the year.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!