Immigration

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Immigration

Unread post by Vrede too »

Border Patrol struggling to hire, keep agents, but may never get 5,000 Trump ordered

... As the Border Patrol struggles to maintain current workforce levels, its greatest challenge will be President Trump's executive order from two years ago calling for the hiring of an additional 5,000 agents to seal off the southern border.

Since that Jan. 25, 2017, order, what should have been a flood of hiring has been, at best, a trickle. In 2018, the agency added 118 Border Patrol agents, with only three stationed along the southern border....
Most incompetent admin* ever, even when it comes to its own stupid and cruel priorities.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Petition to the Senate:

"Reject Ronald Vitiello's nomination to become permanent director of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement."
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

HB 370 - Require Sheriff Cooperation with ICE

The ACLU of North Carolina opposes HB 370, an anti-immigrant bill that circumvents the local authority of sheriffs by requiring them to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and assist in the federal government’s deportation pipeline or face financial penalties. The proposal is transparent retaliation against the growing number of sheriffs across North Carolina who have pledged to not assist ICE with targeting or detaining community members for immigration offenses. Sheriffs in Wake and Mecklenburg counties, for example, were elected by voters after promising to end the federal 287(g) program, which has led to family separation, the deportation of thousands, and greater mistrust and fear in our communities.
Repugs are so bigoted that they want OUR money spent on their rejection of the historic CON principle of local control.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstor ... &ocid=iehp

Skilled Foreign Workers pass on America for Canada
Some time ago, rstrong made a really good point about immigration and immigrants, saying that countries ought to welcome those who actually show up because those are generally the ones who have drive, willingness to work, courage, etc. Lots of people say they're going to America, but it takes a lot of moxie to actually do it - and even more so now because Trump.

As the article points out, not only is Trump depriving American companies of workers they need, but by giving out signals of "immigrants not welcome" the pool of available talent will continue to shrink as people don't even bother to try to get in.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:21 pm
HB 370 - Require Sheriff Cooperation with ICE

Repugs are so bigoted that they want OUR money spent on their rejection of the historic CON principle of local control.
House Roll Call Vote Transcript for Roll Call #128
2019-2020 Session
HB 370: Require Sheriff Cooperation with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

63-51 Aye, straight party line. BASTARDS! I hope Gov. Cooper does the right thing, the Senate won't.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Motel 6 settles suit for $12M over guest names given to immigration officials

Motel 6 reached a $12 million settlement with Washington state on Thursday after prosecutors said the chain violated privacy rights by giving information to immigration officials that sometimes led to the detainment or deportation of former guests.

Attorney General Bob Ferguson said that the company improperly provided U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents with "Latino-sounding" names of tens of thousands of hotel guests for two years. Some of those guests later were detained or deported as a result of those targeted investigations.

"Motel 6's actions tore families apart and violated the privacy rights of tens of thousands of Washingtonians," Ferguson said in a statement. "Our resolution holds Motel 6 accountable for illegally handing over guests' private information without a warrant." ...

In a separate lawsuit filed in Arizona, the company agreed in November to pay up to $7.6 million to Latino guests who said hotel employees shared private information with immigration officials.

In Washington state, Ferguson said Motel 6 gave ICE information on a daily basis about a total of 80,000 guests without a warrant between 2015 and 2017....
:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:42 am

Petition to the Senate:

"Reject Ronald Vitiello's nomination to become permanent director of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement."
That was fast. :wave:

Trump withdraws ICE director nomination to go 'in a tougher direction'

POSPOTUS is lying, as usual.

Vitiello’s toughness has never been in question. His tenure has been marked by extreme brutality and bigotry, just like POSPOTUS wanted. Instead, as is so often the case in the POSPOTUS admin*, Vitiello is so incompetent that he even lost the support of front line ICE officers.

ICE director nominee in limbo after criticism from union

The Chickenhawk in Chief is a coward, again.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I saw a story this morning that says the trump administration floated the idea to ICE of transporting bus loads of immigrants and/or asylum seekers to various sanctuary cities with the intent of just turning them out on the streets in those cities. The article states that ICE thought "it was a joke" but evidently was not. I figure this is the work of Stephen Miller with the approval of trump.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:31 am
I saw a story this morning that says the trump administration floated the idea to ICE of transporting bus loads of immigrants and/or asylum seekers to various sanctuary cities with the intent of just turning them out on the streets in those cities. The article states that ICE thought "it was a joke" but evidently was not. I figure this is the work of Stephen Miller with the approval of trump.
Latest Trump Tweet:
Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, we are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing Illegal Immigrants in Sanctuary Cities only....

....The Radical Left always seems to have an Open Borders, Open Arms policy – so this should make them very happy!
Can we ship Trumpettes to Russian cities?

Tell the Senate: Block DHS Secretary nominees who support family separation

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:22 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:31 am
Latest Trump Tweet:
Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, we are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing Illegal Immigrants in Sanctuary Cities only....

....The Radical Left always seems to have an Open Borders, Open Arms policy – so this should make them very happy!
Can we ship Trumpettes to Russian cities?

Tell the Senate: Block DHS Secretary nominees who support family separation

Well, the way I see it, this whole situation tends to betray the fact that trump says there is "an emergency" at the border yet he's making said emergency even worse by dispersing the "invaders" hundreds of miles into our country in various different locations and then is stupid enough to taunt the opposition party over his own lunacy. What's even worse, a lot of gullible nutjobs will agree with him. I concede there is a crisis at the border of record numbers of asylum seekers, turning themselves in, not sneaking into the country as is depicted. The crisis is lack of facilities to process or tend to these people, coupled with an apparent lack of interest in doing so from leadership. It's twilight zone shit.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

I'm really starting to think that mother fucker that's sitting in the Whitehouse wants a civil war.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:07 pm
I'm really starting to think that mother fucker that's sitting in the Whitehouse wants a civil war.
Or ethnic cleansing, and I'm not positive about lefty resolve.

Donald Trump's latest tweets!
WE WILL NEVER FORGET! https://t.co/VxrGFRFeJM
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I figured he'd go full bore Nazi pretty soon. The next thing will be the machine guns he joked about a few days ago. This fucker is crazy.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:22 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

That's pretty fucking strong. Leave it to the idiot to stir up the idiots.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:12 pm
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

That reminds me of the old Bob Dylan song "Idiot Wind"......"idiot wind, blowing like a circle around my skull from the Grand Coulee Dam to the Capitol"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:12 pm
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Not his idea to sleazily take Omar out of context.

New York Post rips Rep. Ilhan Omar over 9/11 comments. Here's what we know about her remarks

They're trying to get her assassinated.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:20 pm
... They're trying to get her assassinated.
Rep. Ilhan Omar Says Death Threats Have Increased Since Trump's Attack
1312. ETTD.