Idiot box thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Idiot box thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

Under an article about the newly released, sad and infuriating Uvalde video a poster wrote:
Worse yet, they did have training. Heck, even the schoolchildren had training. They did more to preserve life than this gang of Barney Fyfes.
My indignant ;) reply:
Hey, Barney Fife was brave, he was just inept. He would have loaded his single bullet into his gun and charged in to save the kids and Andy's girlfriend, Helen Crump. Then, he would have tripped and fallen upon entering the classroom, thus ducking a hail of AR-15 bullets and upon hitting the floor his gun would have miraculously fired and shot the killer dead. Henceforth, May 24 would forever have been Barney Fife Day in Mayberry.
:wave:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

About 20 pronouns in one section, including a lot of the non-binary "they." :lol:
Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him.

2 And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons[a] of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Good one, O Really, thee are spot on.
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:51 pm
:wtf: Thou found a "special" winner.
GOP Congressional Candidate for #FL24.... Support my campaign at http://Lavern2022.com!
Lavern Spicer 🇺🇸
@lavern_spicer

The liberal mob is on my trail for standing against their wild agenda.

They know that my district is flipping in 2022 & want to stop it.

I’ve been running Miami’s largest food bank for years & helping folks get on their feet. Now I’ll do it for America!
The food bank thing is cool, but:
Florida's 24th congressional district

... The district is represented by Democrat Frederica Wilson. With a Cook Partisan Voting Index rating of D+28, it is one of the most Democratic districts in Florida.
Frederica Wilson

Frederica Smith Wilson (born Frederica Patricia Smith, November 5, 1942) is an American politician who has been a member of the United States House of Representatives since 2011, representing Florida's 24th congressional district. Located in South Florida, Wilson's congressional district, numbered as the 17th during her first term, covers a large swath of eastern Miami-Dade County and a sliver of southern Broward County. The district contains most of Miami's majority-black precincts, as well as parts of Opa-locka, North Miami, Hollywood, and Miramar. Wilson gained national attention in 2012 for her comments on the death of Trayvon Martin....

Wilson is known for her large and colorful hats, of which she owns several hundred. She has gone through efforts to get Congress to lift its ban on head coverings during House sessions, which dates to 1837.

Yee-haw. Lavern Spicer's political knowledge equals her biblical knowledge.
I’m pretty sure there are
Oh mate. It's not even my country and I know how wrong you are.
Fun Fact: If every bible verse that contained a pronoun was lined up end to end, it would reach further than Lavern's credibility.
A single pronoun on its own would do that!
There are no guns in the Bible either.
“For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.”
God is written as he/him in English translation only because Hebrew is a gendered language.

There are female linguistic representations of God in the Torah too.
Torah also mentions multiple genders including what would now be classed as a intersex.
“it” and “we” are also pronouns, so even if the bible removed all the gender, there would still be pronouns lol
Lavern, thee are an idiot.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Interesting to me:
15 TV Stars Who Are Having the Hottest Winning Streaks

If actors are lucky to make lightning strike once in their careers, the performers on this list are blessed beyond belief.

We surveyed the current TV landscape and took stock of the 15 current TV stars with the most impressive list of consecutive-ish hit series, and you might be surprised to see who made the cut....
I've enjoyed some, never really watched a few. One can question casting choices, but ultimately the stars (along with writers, directors, producers) keep a series on the air or not.

MICHAEL EMERSON may be the most unlikely.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The End is Nye

Explore the myths and realities of both natural and unnatural threats, from viruses to volcanoes, asteroids to authoritarianism, and climate change to chemical warfare.
6 part series. :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

How eerie, Anne Heche, who died a horrific death in a single vehicle MVC a month ago, stars in the premiere of Girl in Room 13 tonight, 8 pm EDT, Lifetime. I may be watching college football, instead, but might catch a rerun if it gets decent reviews/audience ratings.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Can't say I'm surprised, but definitely disgusted.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:48 am
Can't say I'm surprised, but definitely disgusted.
Wiki: Right Side Broadcasting Network (RSBN)
RSBN :puke-left:
Sony Corporation of America, "Wheel of Fortune", Contact Us

Hi,

Re:
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status ... _&ref_url=

I've known that Pat Sajak is conservative and I'm fine with that. However, doing happy photo ops with RSBN reporter Bryan Glenn and Marjorie Taylor Greene is beyond the pale.

RSBN is an anti-democratic, extremist, 2020 election-denying, Trump organ.

Marjorie Taylor Greene openly promotes right wing terrorists.

Supporting Pat Sajak is supporting violent treason. This is unacceptable. Obviously, I will not be watching Wheel of Fortune as long as Sajak befouls it, but I will also shun purchasing or viewing any Sony product.

For America, be better.
(Vrede too)
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I'm kinda surprised the show runners even let Pat do that - or maybe they didn't know. For 40 seasons, which I guess is also 40 years, Pat and Vanna's entire persona has been "Wheel" and their personal lives have been pretty much invisible. They don't get seen on the Hollywood social scene, they don't make appearances except Wheel-related, and even though they're free to do something else for more than 9 months in the year, they're publicly low key.

To show up in what by any reasonable standard would be politically and socially controversial is surprising to say the least. Lady O and I enjoy Wheel and Jeopardy, but it's astounding how seriously some viewers take those shows, complaining about the slightest change or host error. Fans of the show want their hosts/stars to fit the tradition - even Wheel letter-board upgrades get complaints. Pat's conservatism may not have been secret, but getting a photo op with a lightning rod of lunacy can't be a good thing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:07 am
I'm kinda surprised the show runners even let Pat do that - or maybe they didn't know. For 40 seasons, which I guess is also 40 years, Pat and Vanna's entire persona has been "Wheel" and their personal lives have been pretty much invisible. They don't get seen on the Hollywood social scene, they don't make appearances except Wheel-related, and even though they're free to do something else for more than 9 months in the year, they're publicly low key.

To show up in what by any reasonable standard would be politically and socially controversial is surprising to say the least. Lady O and I enjoy Wheel and Jeopardy, but it's astounding how seriously some viewers take those shows, complaining about the slightest change or host error. Fans of the show want their hosts/stars to fit the tradition - even Wheel letter-board upgrades get complaints. Pat's conservatism may not have been secret, but getting a photo op with a lightning rod of lunacy can't be a good thing.
Sajak has not been an entirely under the radar RW Xtian:
viewtopic.php?p=173747&hilit=Sajak#p173747

However, this pic is worse than anything I've heard of.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:24 am

Sajak has not been an entirely under the radar RW Xtian:
viewtopic.php?p=173747&hilit=Sajak#p173747

However, this pic is worse than anything I've heard of.
Being on the board of a conservative Christian college might attract the attention of people like us, but for most people that wouldn't seem any different from saying he's a deacon or elder in some church. Standing in comradeship with one of the infamous Congress-critters, or with some idiot like Lindell or jumping into the political fray with an endorsement of Oz is a bit different. Sure "Wheel" has an older demographic, some of whom undoubted think Marginal Taylor Green is actually a real and sentient person, but according to a 2021 Gallup study, " ...23% of Americans aged 18 to 29 are conservative, compared to 45% of Americans aged 65 and up. Likewise, 34% of Americans aged 18 to 29 are liberal compared to 21% aged 65 and up." Not all the Wheel-watching geezers are right wingers.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

FWIW, he's got himself trending on Twitter.

I'm sure Sony and his producers have taken notice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%22 ... cal=trends

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:02 pm
FWIW, he's got himself trending on Twitter.

I'm sure Sony and his producers have taken notice.
I like the puzzle. :thumbup:

Pat's Wiki: "In September 2021, it was announced that both Sajak and White had signed on to continue as hosts of Wheel of Fortune through the 2023–24 season."

Maybe he's ready to retire and is trying to get his contract bought out ... or, he's an idiot.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:01 pm
He would be more easily replaced than Alex was.
F'rinstance: https://insidethemagic.net/2022/03/whee ... sajak-kc1/

https://www.tvinsider.com/1061090/wheel ... k-leaving/
Vanna is a Christian, but apparently not a radical one like Pat. She does have the clap:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanna_White#World_record

I voted for Leslie Jones, but it looks like the poll is closed.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

He's too old for them to give him the job, but Tom Bergeron could take over and never miss a beat. Otherwise, I might vote for Alberto.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:39 pm
He's too old for them to give him the job, but Tom Bergeron could take over and never miss a beat. Otherwise, I might vote for Alberto.
Do you mean Alfonso? If so, I'm not a fan. Kind of a narrow selection, all but him, Leslie and Ellen from game shows.

At 65 Vanna may be aged out of contention.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:23 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:39 pm
Do you mean Alfonso? If so, I'm not a fan. Kind of a narrow selection, all but him, Leslie and Ellen from game shows.

At 65 Vanna may be aged out of contention.
I'd like to nominate Bill Murray please.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:25 pm
I'd like to nominate Bill Murray please.
71, and that would make me sad after all of his career highlights. Feels like a slot for B-listers to me. How about Simon Helberg and his hilarious impressions?
1312. ETTD.