College basketball

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

#1 in spite of Jesse Newell

Now, how long can they stay there.

And Calipari is calling for a rule change because his players didn't alert Wheeler before he ran into a stationary Kessler (twice).

I'm not so sure about Duke dropping when they didn't play. Does a covid cancelation equal a loss?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:39 pm

Now, how long can they stay there....

I'm not so sure about Duke dropping when they didn't play. Does a covid cancellation equal a loss?
#6 to #9 Duke lost to FSU on 1/18, the day after the last poll.

Auburn flies to No. 1 in AP Top 25 for first time in history

Congrats. COVIDiot John Stockton cursed Gonzaga. Your only ranked opponent until the SEC Championship is #18 Tennessee on 2/26. Maybe someone catches you by beating better opponents?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:42 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:39 pm

Now, how long can they stay there....

I'm not so sure about Duke dropping when they didn't play. Does a covid cancellation equal a loss?
#6 to #9 Duke lost to FSU on 1/18, the day after the last poll.

Auburn flies to No. 1 in AP Top 25 for first time in history

Congrats. COVIDiot John Stockton cursed Gonzaga. Your only ranked opponent until the SEC Championship is #18 Tennessee on 2/26. Maybe someone catches you by beating better opponents?
Could be, but that won't be Gonzaga with zero ranked opponents.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:41 pm
Vrede too wrote:
... Your only ranked opponent until the SEC Championship is #18 Tennessee on 2/26. Maybe someone catches you by beating better opponents?
Yeah, I didn't look to see who if anyone my speculation might apply to.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:08 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:41 pm
Vrede too wrote:
... Your only ranked opponent until the SEC Championship is #18 Tennessee on 2/26. Maybe someone catches you by beating better opponents?
Yeah, I didn't look to see who if anyone my speculation might apply to.
There are more than several who could, but Auburn will have to lose at least one more.
We still have a pretty tough schedule. You saw what Tennessee did to LSU and we have Bama again, but at Tuscaloosa.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Man, that was close.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:42 am
Man, that was close.
To 8-11 Missouri? :wtf:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:26 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Man, that was close.
I hope it was a learning experience. Not sure what Smith's (apparent #1draft choice) problem was. He hit 1 of his first 12 or so shots. But still, he's only 1 guy. We're supposed to have depth.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:05 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:50 pm
By all accounts they loved it. All kinds of tailgate games and singalongs. Seriously, I don't see the problem....
Devil's advocate: I'm sure it's a blast for the participants and maybe that's sufficient justification. It is college, after all. However, the inefficiency and difficulty does disadvantage students that are working, parents, studies-stressed or disabled, and other nontraditional students. -0-?

Full disclosure: I detest lines and have never done an overnighter for anything in my life. So, I'm biased.
Auburn listened

https://oanow.com/sports/college/auburn ... 6044f.html

"Auburn is creating reserve seating for mobility-impaired students in the student section in Auburn Arena, the school announced in an email to students Friday, answering concerns from a student with disabilities who felt squeezed out during the recent surge in interest in men’s basketball and the spike in difficulty in getting into the student section for games."

"While Auburn Arena is ADA compliant, Griffith (a student) argued that having a wheelchair-accessible seating row isn’t enough to accommodate students with mobility impairments.

“Things need to change,” he wrote.

Less than a week later, Auburn has made changes.

In an email sent to students Friday offering entry information to students for Friday’s gymnastics meet and Saturday’s men’s basketball game against Oklahoma, Auburn listed new instructions for students with mobility impairments on how to reserve seating.

“A limited number of reserved accessible seats in Auburn Arena’s student section are available for students with mobility impairments,” the email reads. “All special accommodations for accessible seating for Auburn University students should be made in advance by contacting the Office of Accessibility at 334-844-2096 or accessibility@auburn.edu."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

We have bama tonight at 8 pm CT. on ESPN. Should be a good game. Probably our toughest.

Their schedule, so far, looks tougher than ours - played Gonzaga close, beat 2 top 10 teams and 2 other ranked teams.

WDE

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:41 am
We have bama tonight at 8 pm CT. on ESPN. Should be a good game. Probably our toughest.

Their schedule, so far, looks tougher than ours - played Gonzaga close, beat 2 top 10 teams and 2 other ranked teams.

WDE
Correction - they beat Gonzaga.
Weird - their losses, except for Auburn, have been to inferior teams and they have beat 3 top ten and 2 other ranked teams.

Bama 81 - Auburn 100

WDE

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Good work!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:58 pm
Good work!
UNC beat Louisville
90 to 83

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:31 am
O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:58 pm
Good work!
UNC beat Louisville
90 to 83
Blind squirrels, nuts, you know how it goes.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/202 ... about.html

Pay backs are fun

bammer started this "crane" thing after their win at the Iron Bowl. Twice now our basketball team and even our gymnastics team has performed it for them.

Even Coach Pearl gets in on it. Watch the video in the link above.

And here's Auburn's version of the bamner rub ii in song they sing when they win.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:46 am

Pay backs are fun

bammer started this "crane" thing after their win at the Iron Bowl. Twice now our basketball team and even our gymnastics team has performed it for them.

And here's Auburn's version of the bammer rub it in song they sing when they win.
None of those kids were alive when Karate Kid came out in 1984 . . . not that I'm saying the state is backwards or anything. :wave: :P
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:13 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:46 am

Pay backs are fun

And here's Auburn's version of the bammer rub it in song they sing when they win.
None of those kids were alive when Karate Kid came out in 1984 . . . not that I'm saying the state is backwards or anything. :wave: :P
They could have watched with Ulysses on the Movie Channel

As I said, bama started this at the Iron Bowl. Same with the Yellow Hammer song "we beat the hell out of you"

One if our guys did it after we won in December and bammer used a huge picture of it to motivate the team.
It was only right that we sang their song and did their crane pose. Love it that Pearl went along with it.

I would have thought that you would appreciate it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:02 pm
:lol:
As I said, bama started this at the Iron Bowl. Same with the Yellow Hammer song "we beat the hell out of you"

One if our guys did it after we won in December and bammer used a huge picture of it to motivate the team.
It was only right that we sang their song and did their crane pose. Love it that Pearl went along with it.

I do, but I appreciate an easy opportunity to tease, too. ;)
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:11 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:02 pm
:lol:

One if our guys did it after we won in December (edit - January 11) and bammer used a huge picture of it to motivate the team.

I do, but I appreciate an easy opportunity to tease, too. ;)
I don't know how much longer this can last. They've won something like 18 in a row and their only loss was in overtime.
This is completely new territory for me.

I was a little pissed at Cardwell for doing the crane pose when we beat them on 1/11. I new it would be used as an aid and sure enough, they had the picture posted in their locker room. It didn't work.

Again, this is all new and exciting to me.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:26 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Man, that was close.
Weird. Now we've been down by a point or two against the 2 last place teams in the sec with under 2 minutes left.

Auburn 74 to uga 72