O Canada

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Whack9
Commander

Re: O Canada

Unread post by Whack9 »

O Really wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:38 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:10 pm
I'm gonna be up in Vancouver for a few days in May! Also a few places in Washington.
There's a lot of places to enjoy all around there. Try to get time to take the ferry to San Juan Island or over to Vancouver Island and Victoria. If you're looking for boonies, Olympic peninsula and North Cascades has 'em.
I'll be staying at some spots around the Olympic peninsula for some hiking. Might be in Victoria as well but not too sure yet.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Spent the day in Victoria, drove up to Nainamo, took a ferry over to Vancouver. Super pretty ferry ride. Well worth it. I'm here for one more day then back to the US to spend a few in Seattle. Checked out a bunch of spots earlier this week in the Olympic Peninsula. Favorite thus far was the forest near Sol Duc springs. The massive hemlocks were something else.

Also I find it interesting that a lot of the trees were similar species to what you'd find in the temperate rainforests of WNC - hemlock, spruce (higher elevations in WNC), big leaf maple (vs our red maple), and fir (higher elevations for us). Lots of trilliums here too which I found interesting.

Plans for tomorrow night include checking out a metal bar but that's about it. Maybe exploring more of the city and dodging crack pipes.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Probably most people wouldn't immediately think of "Washington" if you if you asked them to name places in the US with rain forests. They might also be surprised to know that despite its wet reputation, Seattle has a little over half the precipitation of Brevard, NC.

Yeah, I know its touristy, but Pike Place market really is a good excursion if you have the time.