Animals

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Animals

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:05 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:31 pm
Some of us just like being high all the time.
Ahh, now see, if you were referring to yourself, that would be a humorous comment. But based on your body of comments over time, it's clear that was an unprovoked shot at neoplacebo. Don't be surprised if you receive a virtual stomp in return.
It's ok. Pitiful critiques slung my way have no effect. I find them rather humorous. Besides, criticism about being high coming from a straight arrow and closet Rotarian is just hilarious. Hell, I sleep in a tuxedo and begin drinking and getting high the moment I awaken and generally pursue that same course of action throughout the day and well into the night until its time to get dressed up for bed again. As for being polite and civil, I am a veritable paragon of refined, cultured, and noble politesse. But I can also be the opposite of such a benign posture if the need or opportunity presents itself. In closing, I urge all who disparage getting high and all those who are scared to death of getting high just leave that business to me.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

A couple of days ago a small orange cat began hanging out at my place. The other night I gave it some leftover boneless chicken breast (marinated in Italian dressing) which it scarfed down pretty quick. I also served milk with the chicken. Yesterday I set out the remains of a can of tuna for it which it also ate. Now for the humiliating result of my largesse......this morning about 5am I heard at least one cat growling and whining right outside the door. Just thought it was a couple of cats preparing to make the cat with two backs.....no big deal. After it got light I went out and the cat had shit right there next to the door. All I can figure is that this cat is a Republican.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:01 am
A couple of days ago a small orange cat began hanging out at my place. The other night I gave it some leftover boneless chicken breast (marinated in Italian dressing) which it scarfed down pretty quick. I also served milk with the chicken. Yesterday I set out the remains of a can of tuna for it which it also ate. Now for the humiliating result of my largesse......this morning about 5am I heard at least one cat growling and whining right outside the door. Just thought it was a couple of cats preparing to make the cat with two backs.....no big deal. After it got light I went out and the cat had shit right there next to the door. All I can figure is that this cat is a Republican.
"orange" was your warning.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

A Useless cat?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Sometime Lefty wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:22 pm
A Useless cat?
Some might say that's redundant.
Rita Rudner, for example, found them to be a waste of fur.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:29 pm
Sometime Lefty wrote:
A Useless cat?
Some might say that's redundant.
Rita Rudner, for example, found them to be a waste of fur.
When I was a kid I had a pair of gloves that had fur inside. I hope that fur was from the ancestors of this Republican orange cat. Hominy was right; orange should have set off alarms. The damn thing is still hanging around but I won't give it anything else to eat. I've already given it the stink eye.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Sometime Lefty wrote:
A Useless cat?
Well, it does have legs.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:58 pm
Sometime Lefty wrote:
A Useless cat?
Well, it does have legs.
:laughing-rolling:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:58 pm
Sometime Lefty wrote:
A Useless cat?
Well, it does have legs.
:lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup:

This lizard would stomp you:
Ancient massive 'Dragon of Death' flying reptile dug up in Argentina

Argentine scientists discovered a new species of a huge flying reptile dubbed "The Dragon of Death" that lived 86 millions of years ago alongside dinosaurs, in a find shedding fresh insight on a predator whose body was as long as a yellow school bus.

The new specimen of ancient flying reptile, or pterosaur, measured around 30 feet (9 meters) long and researchers say it predated birds as among the first creatures on Earth to use wings to hunt its prey from prehistoric skies....

Project leader Leonardo Ortiz said in an interview over the weekend that the fossil's never-before-seen characteristics required a new genus and species name, with the latter combining ancient Greek words for death (thanatos) and dragon (drakon).

"It seemed appropriate to name it that way," said Ortiz. "It's the dragon of death."

The reptile would likely have been a frightening sight. Researchers, who published their study last April in the scientific journal Cretaceous Research, said the fossil's huge bones classify the new species as the largest pterosaur yet discovered in South America and one of the largest found anywhere....
:shock:

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

:shock: There is a time to stomp and there is a time to run and hide. Knowing the difference is critical.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:30 am
:shock: There is a time to stomp and there is a time to run and hide. Knowing the difference is critical.
There is also a time to bathe. Cool video

https://news.yahoo.com/nesting-bald-eag ... 08062.html
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Elephants are too cool.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 11:24 pm
Elephants are too cool.
I've seen that toy. ;)

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:30 am
:lol: :lol:

A deer turned my harp session into a Disney movie

:D Great title.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

That's a great little vid, but I have a question:
Why is she placed on the right side of the picture, leaving the center to feature the deer?

My guess:
Original vid of the deer and she was edited in.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 11:39 am
That's a great little vid, but I have a question:
Why is she placed on the right side of the picture, leaving the center to feature the deer?

My guess:
Original vid of the deer and she was edited in.
You are so cynical! It's not like she's a GQP congressperson talking about gun safety ;) . Her commenters don't seem to agree with you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xd8xq06FCw

Looks like she's pretty serious about her craft:
https://www.youtube.com/c/NaomiSV/videos
With 145K subscribers and millions of views it would be pretty shitty of her to make a deep fake, and risky if she got caught.

Here's the full, non deer-startled "The Sound of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel, apparently videoed soon after the first version. The camera's been moved closer, but she still does the slight right offset. Maybe it's a meadow shot composition thing, -0-? .

The Sound of Silence | Simon & Garfunkel (Harp Cover)
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I don't think I'm so cynical about it. But consider - somebody framed that pic, either somebody is shooting it or she has her camera on a stand. Either way, it's seems strange placement of her. Or maybe they commonly had deer around there and tempted one with a bit of a treat. I don't know, and I thoroughly enjoyed the vid anyway. It just seems a bit perfect not to have had some help.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 1:08 pm
I don't think I'm so cynical about it. But consider - somebody framed that pic, either somebody is shooting it or she has her camera on a stand. Either way, it's seems strange placement of her. Or maybe they commonly had deer around there and tempted one with a bit of a treat. I don't know, and I thoroughly enjoyed the vid anyway. It just seems a bit perfect not to have had some help.
I'm guessing camera on a stand since no adjustments are being made.

Baiting is possible, but the deer never stops to eat. I choose to believe in serendipity, Grinch.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Glad nobody got stomped or harp slapped.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 1:21 pm
Glad nobody got stomped or harp slapped.
If it was an accordion she would have been deer-stomped.
1312. ETTD.