The Karen Collection

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: The Karen Collection

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Power tripping Karen and a real Karen to boot!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCRoUPzp7V ... _copy_link
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:50 pm

I googled yoramco properties - lots of one star reviews
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:51 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:50 pm

I googled yoramco properties - lots of one star reviews
And Karen is not listed as an employee on LinkedIn.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

White woman charged after racist Central Park confrontation

A white woman walking her dog who called the police during a videotaped dispute with a Black man in Central Park was charged Monday with filing a false report.

In May, Amy Cooper drew widespread condemnation for calling 911 to report she was being threatened by “an African-American man” when bird watcher Christian Cooper appeared to keep his distance as he recorded her rant on his phone.

District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. said in a statement on Monday that his office had charged Amy Cooper with falsely reporting the confrontation, a misdemeanor. She was ordered to appear in court on Oct. 14....
:---P
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Ken Collection

A white Florida man who was filmed yelling at a Black homeowner while waving a BB gun also faked being a Navy SEAL for years, report says

... Additionally, Fucheck's daughter, who asked to remain anonymous, confirmed to the newspaper that her father never served in the military and has been pretending to be a Navy SEAL for years.

"He's a narcissist," she told the Herald. "He just has to be the center of attention."
Ouch.
According to an arrest affidavit seen by the Herald, Fucheck was dropping off flyers in mailboxes in a North Miami-Dade neighborhood on June 14, when he got into a confrontation with Black man Dwayne Wynn.

Wynn had been chatting with a neighbor when Fucheck dropped a flyer in a nearby mailbox, and Wynn went to take it out.

That caused Fucheck to return and start yelling at Wynn, while pointing a firearm at him that was later revealed as an airsoft gun.

"Damn right, I carry a gun because I'm a 35-year former Navy SEAL!" he yelled at one point, according to the Herald. "Go look at my Purple Heart!"

During the tirade, which Wynn partially caught on camera, Fucheck also called Wynn by racial and homophobic slurs.

He also claimed to be the former head of the SWAT team in Hillsborough County, a claim that also turned out to be false.

When detectives searched Fucheck's home last month, they found Navy certificates, dress uniforms, and photos of him in military dress, according to the Miami Herald.

Navy SEAL Don Shipley, of Virginia, who helps uncover people claiming to be servicemen, said he was told about Fucheck a few years ago.

An acquaintance sent him photos of Fucheck in a Navy uniform, it was instantly clear that he was faking it, he told the Herald.

"It was all a mismatch, like he just bought it all online," he said. "He had that uniform custom made. He paid a lot of money for that dog-gone thing."
:lol:
... It also appears that Fucheck may have broken a state law by having a license plate designated for Purple Heart recipients.

In order to get that license plate, one has to submit military paperwork to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.

Fucheck remains jailed on a charge of aggravated assault with prejudice. If convicted, he faces up to 15 years in prison.

Along with the crimes listed in the article, it's illegal to place flyers in mailboxes. Lock the bigoted 'stolen valor' thug up!
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: The Ken Collection

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:43 am
A white Florida man who was filmed yelling at a Black homeowner while waving a BB gun also faked being a Navy SEAL for years, report says

... Additionally, Fucheck's daughter, who asked to remain anonymous, confirmed to the newspaper that her father never served in the military and has been pretending to be a Navy SEAL for years.

"He's a narcissist," she told the Herald. "He just has to be the center of attention."
Ouch.
According to an arrest affidavit seen by the Herald, Fucheck was dropping off flyers in mailboxes in a North Miami-Dade neighborhood on June 14, when he got into a confrontation with Black man Dwayne Wynn.

Wynn had been chatting with a neighbor when Fucheck dropped a flyer in a nearby mailbox, and Wynn went to take it out.

That caused Fucheck to return and start yelling at Wynn, while pointing a firearm at him that was later revealed as an airsoft gun.

"Damn right, I carry a gun because I'm a 35-year former Navy SEAL!" he yelled at one point, according to the Herald. "Go look at my Purple Heart!"

During the tirade, which Wynn partially caught on camera, Fucheck also called Wynn by racial and homophobic slurs.

He also claimed to be the former head of the SWAT team in Hillsborough County, a claim that also turned out to be false.

When detectives searched Fucheck's home last month, they found Navy certificates, dress uniforms, and photos of him in military dress, according to the Miami Herald.

Navy SEAL Don Shipley, of Virginia, who helps uncover people claiming to be servicemen, said he was told about Fucheck a few years ago.

An acquaintance sent him photos of Fucheck in a Navy uniform, it was instantly clear that he was faking it, he told the Herald.

"It was all a mismatch, like he just bought it all online," he said. "He had that uniform custom made. He paid a lot of money for that dog-gone thing."
... It also appears that Fucheck may have broken a state law by having a license plate designated for Purple Heart recipients.

In order to get that license plate, one has to submit military paperwork to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.

Fucheck remains jailed on a charge of aggravated assault with prejudice. If convicted, he faces up to 15 years in prison.

Along with the crimes listed in the article, it's illegal to place flyers in mailboxes. Lock the bigoted 'stolen valor' thug up!

He's white. We don't do stacking charges on white people.

The Stolen Valor finder guy has known about him for several years and done nothing.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Ken Collection

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:24 pm
He's white. We don't do stacking charges on white people.

The Stolen Valor finder guy has known about him for several years and done nothing.
Article:
... Shipley told the newspaper he tried to confront Fucheck on a trip to Florida a few years ago, but couldn't find him....
I'm not sure that Stolen Valor by itself is illegal - 1st Amendment. Maybe Shipley didn't know about the illegal license plate.

Edit:
Stolen Valor Act of 2013

The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 (Pub.L. 113–12; H.R. 258) is a United States federal law that was passed by the 113th United States Congress. The law amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to claim they have served in the military, embellish their rank or fraudulently claim having received a valor award specified in the Act, with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit by convincing another that he or she received the award.

The current federal law is a revised version of a previous statute struck down by the Supreme Court of the United States in United States v. Alvarez. In Alvarez the Supreme Court ruled the arrest and prosecution of a citizen for wearing unearned military awards, who did so without criminal intent, violates their constitutional right to freedom of speech.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Former insurance agent.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:22 pm
Former insurance agent.

The comments are a hoot.

Obvious PhotoShop, but still . . .

Another:

:o :laughing-rofl:
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Oops, looks like I was beaten to this story. :oops:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:23 pm
Oops, looks like I was beaten to this story. :oops:
The commentary is worth it. :lol: :cry:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Californians Who Allegedly Defaced Black Lives Matter Mural Face Hate Crime Charge

:---P :---P

Here's the release from the Contra Costa County District Attorney's office:

I'm not sure what the basis is for the hate crime charge, but I'll be happy if they're convicted of the other 2 charges.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:49 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:22 pm
Former insurance agent.

The comments are a hoot.

Obvious PhotoShop, but still . . .

Another:

:o :laughing-rofl:

https://amp-news--press-com.cdn.ampproj ... 3247002%2F

Damn, poor dude lost his job

"That tweet, in turn, was shared by Shaun King, an attorney and civil rights activist who has 1.1 million followers. He asked: What’s his name?

By Tuesday, the man yelling in the video had been identified, first by Internet and social media shamers, then by Ted Todd Insurance as Daniel Maples, whose biography could be found on the Fort Myers insurance agency website. Maples had been with the agency since 2016 and “is currently the highest-producing sales agent in the company… Likes: Hot yoga, traveling, cooking and mentoring others"

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I like the first sign. Trump has indeed made it seem more acceptable to be rude, crude, racist, misogynist and generally assholey. It's time to demonstrate that what may be legal isn't necessarily wise and that there will be social consequences. Drive them back under their rocks.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Case Against Amy Cooper Lacks Key Element: Victim's Cooperation

... “On the one hand, she’s already paid a steep price,” Christian Cooper said in a statement on Tuesday. “That’s not enough of a deterrent to others? Bringing her more misery just seems like piling on.” But he added that he understood there was a greater principle at stake and that this should be defended. “So if the DA feels the need to pursue charges, he should pursue charges. But he can do that without me.” ...
:clap:

Lots of discussion of both sides of the issue in the article. It's never been a choice I was faced with, but I've known other victims that have gone with what some call the 'restorative justice' route instead of punitive justice. I respect Christian Cooper's choice and will be okay with it if they go easy on Amy Cooper in prosecution or sentencing.

I'm sure it's not his intention, but Christian Cooper again shows himself to be the bigger person than Central Park "Karen".
:-||
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I think it's kind of him, and certainly shows him to be the better person - as if there were ever any doubt. But I'm tired of this shit. I'm tired of people thinking it's OK to be public racists and general assholes. I'd consider this women volunteered to be made an example of, and I'd throw the book at her.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:25 pm
I think it's kind of him, and certainly shows him to be the better person - as if there were ever any doubt. But I'm tired of this shit. I'm tired of people thinking it's OK to be public racists and general assholes. I'd consider this women volunteered to be made an example of, and I'd throw the book at her.
I will be okay with that, too.

Leaving aside the racial and "Karen" aspects, the state has an interest in discouraging false police reports and 911 abuse.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:47 pm

Leaving aside the racial and "Karen" aspects, the state has an interest in discouraging false police reports and 911 abuse.
Sure, but maybe she'll claim the Florida standard for "I wuz skeered."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:04 pm
Sure, but maybe she'll claim the Florida standard for "I wuz skeered."
She's already apologized, and she was fired. Plus, she lied to 911, which isn't justified by fear.

CAREN Act introduced (in SF) to outlaw racist 911 calls

"CAREN Act" :lol: (Caution Against Racially Exploitative Non-Emergencies Act)

However, this comment sounds reasonable to me:
Already have that law. Two laws actually. False police report, hate crime....
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral