Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Whack9
Commander

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Whack9 »

Just took a look at plane tickets out to San Jose for shits n' giggles. Round trip is down to 200 bucks. Damn.

I'm gonna wait closer to the date to cancel mine. Right now the airline is offering 100% credit so you can rebook at a later date, which I am cool with. Hoping they change it up and offer a refund (doubtful).
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 am
Just took a look at plane tickets out to San Jose for shits n' giggles. Round trip is down to 200 bucks. Damn.

I'm gonna wait closer to the date to cancel mine. Right now the airline is offering 100% credit so you can rebook at a later date, which I am cool with. Hoping they change it up and offer a refund (doubtful).
Anyone else anticipating a flight sometime should purchase a no or low 'penalty for changes' ticket now.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:52 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:47 pm
I would typically be very cautiously hopeful for the 2 drug cocktail. However, based on nothing medical and just on 45SHOLE's track record I would bet good money on it being a failure vs CV-19.
Trump probably also believes in the tooth fairy.

:wave:

Covid Report: A Trump-Touted Malaria Drug Flops In Coronavirus Treatment
Pence again touts chloroquine as coronavirus treatment after it's linked to deaths

... Pence's chloroquine confidence comes after President Trump repeatedly touted the drug's potential in a Monday night press conference. After that, Nigeria reported two fatal overdoses of chloroquine and implored its citizens not to use the drug, which "will cause harm and can lead to death." A man in Arizona died and his wife was hospitalized after ingesting a form of chloroquine that's used to clean fish tanks. The woman said she got the idea from Trump.
I would not look to these clowns for advice on government or business, let alone medicine and science.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

... Pence's chloroquine confidence comes after President Trump repeatedly touted the drug's potential in a Monday night press conference. After that, Nigeria reported two fatal overdoses of chloroquine and implored its citizens not to use the drug, which "will cause harm and can lead to death." A man in Arizona died and his wife was hospitalized after ingesting a form of chloroquine that's used to clean fish tanks. The woman said she got the idea from Trump.
I would not look to these clowns for advice on government or business, let alone medicine and science.
Wow, what a shocking development. Virus "cures" are far and few between (if at all). This is not a bacterial infection that can be treated with antibiotics and such. Someone needs to beat this into the head of Cheetohead. They probably already have but he's incapable of getting it.

On the upside, there's a lot of fish breathing a sigh of relief.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not a problem, just fixing the formatting/attribution in case this tangent continues:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Wow, what a shocking development. Virus "cures" are far and few between (if at all). This is not a bacterial infection that can be treated with antibiotics and such. Someone needs to beat this into the head of Cheetohead. They probably already have but he's incapable of getting it.

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Adding fuel to the effed up fire, handling it perfectly, a ten!

This is potentially very scary. How totally unprepared we may be and our inability to manufacture much needed supplies on any sort of timely basis.

Am I the only one who thinks this is alarming?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:10 am

Any trial of a drug that selectively kills Trumpettes is a success in my book :twisted: .
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:39 am
... This is potentially very scary. How totally unprepared we may be and our inability to manufacture much needed supplies on any sort of timely basis.

It's a cost-benefit gamble. Having been involved with disaster response for years I have seen a ton of non-infinitely durable goods go to waste. Maybe there should be better planning for getting industry to switch over production more rapidly, but perfect stockpiling is very expensive.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:58 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:10 am

Any trial of a drug that selectively kills Trumpettes is a success in my book :twisted: .
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:39 am
... This is potentially very scary. How totally unprepared we may be and our inability to manufacture much needed supplies on any sort of timely basis.

It's a cost-benefit gamble. Having been involved with disaster response for years I have seen a ton of non-infinitely durable goods go to waste. Maybe there should be better planning for getting industry to switch over production more rapidly, but perfect stockpiling is very expensive.
Cost benefit? I read it as "we're going to run out of life saving stuff and we can't make life saving stuff fast enough".

The international equivalent of hey man, can you spare a square?

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:21 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:14 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 pm
Democrats vote against helping the American worker.
Social distancing themselves from their voters.
Ted Cruz - "What the hell do windmills, emissions, and Post Office debt have to do with this crisis?"

After haggling for days over the final details, Senate Democrats and the White House agreed Wednesday to a nearly $2-trillion stimulus package to combat the economic fallout of the coronavirus outbreak, including direct payments to most Americans and a half-trillion-dollar fund to shore up struggling companies.

“At last we have a deal,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said shortly after 1 a.m. in Washington. “It will rush new resources onto the front lines of our nation’s healthcare fight. And it will inject trillions of dollars in cash into the economy as fast as possible to help American workers, families, small businesses and industries.”
Democrats attempted to overthrow the Presidency for an alleged quid pro quo of a foreign country. Then Democrats withhold aid to Americans during a National economic and health crisis.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:17 pm
Cost benefit? I read it as "we're going to run out of life saving stuff and we can't make life saving stuff fast enough".

The international equivalent of hey man, can you spare a square?
It depends on the alternatives chosen. In an ideal world our disaster readiness would be perfect and the military and prison industrial complexes would be holding bake sales. Irl the money would often come from immediate, non-disaster human or environmental needs.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Today it struck me that during this time of toilet paper shortage and hoarding, one could take an alum enema and nip the problem in the bud.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

A good thing about living in a motorhome or a boat is that the toilet paper that works best isn't what people with regular toilets want except as a last resort. So the RV stores, Camping World, etc. (and the camping section at Wal-Mart) will generally have some. Don't tell anybody.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:21 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:14 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 pm
Democrats vote against helping the American worker.
Social distancing themselves from their voters.
Ted Cruz - "What the hell do windmills, emissions, and Post Office debt have to do with this crisis?"

After haggling for days over the final details, Senate Democrats and the White House agreed Wednesday to a nearly $2-trillion stimulus package to combat the economic fallout of the coronavirus outbreak, including direct payments to most Americans and a half-trillion-dollar fund to shore up struggling companies.

“At last we have a deal,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said shortly after 1 a.m. in Washington. “It will rush new resources onto the front lines of our nation’s healthcare fight. And it will inject trillions of dollars in cash into the economy as fast as possible to help American workers, families, small businesses and industries.”
Democrats attempted to overthrow the Presidency for an alleged quid pro quo of a foreign country. Then Democrats withhold aid to Americans during a National economic and health crisis.

"Reading Chuck Schumer's list, we half expected that the next thing I read would be the minority leader taking credit for inventing fire," a senior Senate GOP aide said. "The reality is that almost every significant "win" he's taking credit for, is actually a Senate Republican idea."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:22 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:17 pm
Yeah, but do you have three months worth of TP?
Maaaybe. Even the levelheaded Co-op customers have been panic buying, so I only got a 4-pack yesterday (12 is my norm and forget about it for awhile) . One can always skip wiping and hop in the shower.
Found:
I just bought one roll for the receipt to put in my Coronavirus Times scrap book.
:lol: Maybe I'll do that.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:11 pm
A good thing about living in a motorhome or a boat is that the toilet paper that works best isn't what people with regular toilets want except as a last resort. So the RV stores, Camping World, etc. (and the camping section at Wal-Mart) will generally have some. Don't tell anybody.
Single ply? Don't you wind up using twice as much?

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:24 pm
O Really wrote:
No, Scott makes a 2-ply RV/boat version. The single ply isn't much different from wiping with your fingers. Ewwww.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:48 pm
O Really wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:47 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:24 pm
O Really wrote:
No, Scott makes a 2-ply RV/boat version. The single ply isn't much different from wiping with your fingers. Ewwww.
In much of the world, like India, they don't even use TP at all. Just a hole in the floor, a bucket of water, a scoop, and some soap.
In other parts of the world, they forego pants and run backwards through a corn field to clean their unmentionables.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Little Lulu has to be relieved, then again she mentioned something about a dryer vent long ago.

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:48 pm

In much of the world, like India, they don't even use TP at all. Just a hole in the floor, a bucket of water, a scoop, and some soap.
Well, yeah, but that's because they don't have to eat ribs and use both hands.

GoCubsGo
Admiral