COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Keeping Up with the Conways.
I'm sorry, I know the daughter needs help but this is freakin funny.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:59 am
Keeping Up with the Conways.
I'm sorry, I know the daughter needs help but this is freakin funny.
Details:
https://heavy.com/news/kellyanne-conway ... tok-video/
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

:lol: He's probably choking on all that "evidence" he said he brought back from Ukraine back in the summer that was intended to be the death sentence of Hunter Biden and his dad. I guess Rudy finally figured out, with the help of his Fraud Guarantee company, that his "evidence" is actually Russian misinformation that he was stupid enough to fall for. But I could be wrong.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Yes Yes Yes!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

So the joint chiefs of staff are all in quarantine as well as most of the Whitehouse staff and another top advisor has the bug.

This thing is crumbling all around.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Odds are that out of all these WH people getting covid, at least one of them is going to get a really bad case, stay in hospital a month or maybe die. If it's not going to be Trump, I'd probably vote for Miller.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:02 pm
Odds are that out of all these WH people getting covid, at least one of them is going to get a really bad case, stay in hospital a month or maybe die. If it's not going to be Trump, I'd probably vote for Miller.
I am voting for Meadows; I've hated him a lot longer than I've hated trump. And I don't hate just for the hell of it.....you have to earn my hate.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:18 am
O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:02 pm
I am voting for Meadows; I've hated him a lot longer than I've hated trump. And I don't hate just for the hell of it.....you have to earn my hate.
A couple more and we can have a full Bingo card.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:08 am
Where's Covo?

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:51 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:08 am
Where's Covo?

I have the added satisfaction that September 26 is my birthday.

Best present ever!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:11 am
I have the added satisfaction that September 26 is my birthday.

Best present ever!
Happy Amy Coney Barrett Super Spreader Birth Day!

Morgan Wallen pulled from 'Saturday Night Live' after breaking Covid-19 protocols
The country music singer announced the news to fans in an Instagram video Wednesday after TikTok videos surfaced of him partying without a mask.

... “I’m not positive for Covid but my actions this past weekend were pretty shortsighted and they have obviously affected my long term goals and my dreams,” Wallen said. "I respect the show’s decision, because I know that I put them in jeopardy and I take ownership for this.”

He went on to apologize to the show, his team and his fans for disappointing them. Wallen added that on a “personal note,” he might have some growing up to do.

“I think I’ve lost myself a little bit. I’ve tried to find joy in the wrong places and, I don’t know, it’s left me with less joy,” Wallen said. “So I’m going to go try to work on that. I’m going take a step back from the spotlight for a little while and go work on myself.”

Wallen reiterated that he respected the show’s choice and said that “Saturday Night Live” executive producer Lorne Michaels was encouraging when the pair spoke. The singer thanked Michaels for telling him they would try to make up for the lost opportunity at a later date....
Opps. SNL is TV's premier music venue.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump hails his COVID 'cure' as leading medical journal calls him 'dangerously incompetent' on pandemic

... As of Friday afternoon, at least 7.6 million Americans had tested positive and at least 213,000 had died from COVID-19, far more than in any other country.

On Thursday, the New England Journal of Medicine broke precedent and for the first time in its history published an editorial calling for a president to be voted out of office. The editors disagreed that Trump did “such a good job on the pandemic.”

... Founded in 1812, the New England Journal of Medicine is considered perhaps the world’s leading medical journal, publishing research on drugs, research and medical treatment. After reviewing the Trump administration’s handling of the pandemic, its editors concluded that the president’s leadership had been “dangerously incompetent.”

“When it comes to the response to the largest public health crisis of our time, our current political leaders have demonstrated that they are dangerously incompetent. We should not abet them and enable the deaths of thousands more Americans by allowing them to keep their jobs,” the editorial stated.
NEJM: Dying in a Leadership Vacuum

:---P :!:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Well, just got back from Wal Mart food shop because I ran out of milk. While waiting to check out, a guy in overalls with a long gray beard and his equally stunning girlfriend, both without masks despite signs on the door indicating "masks required" and in spite of the stickers on the floor reminding folks to distance, these trumpers were no more than a foot behind me. After about thirty seconds, I turned around and said "do you want to get in front of me......or do you want to back up?" He mumbled something I couldn't understand and then I said "you don't watch the news, do you?" He said he did watch the news so I then said "then you just disregard it don't you?" Anyway, they backed up and also shut up. I started to tell them not to worry; that trump may come to town and throw them a mask but didn't wish to have any more interaction with either of them. The whole time I was wishing I needed to fart.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:33 pm
The whole time I was wishing I needed to fart.
Sharp coughing usually backs them off, too.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Well, just got back from Wal Mart food shop because I ran out of milk. While waiting to check out, a guy in overalls with a long gray beard and his equally stunning girlfriend,
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9785236/b ... -contests/
both without masks despite signs on the door indicating "masks required" and in spite of the stickers on the floor reminding folks to distance, these trumpers were no more than a foot behind me. After about thirty seconds, I turned around and said "do you want to get in front of me......or do you want to back up?"
Brilliant offer to let them jump the line!
He mumbled something I couldn't understand and then I said "you don't watch the news, do you?" He said he did watch the news so I then said "then you just disregard it don't you?" Anyway, they backed up and also shut up. I started to tell them not to worry; that trump may come to town and throw them a mask but didn't wish to have any more interaction with either of them. The whole time I was wishing I needed to fart.
I admire your restraint in not causing them to burst into flame with a single phrase.
O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:00 pm
:lol: :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
The whole time I was wishing I needed to fart.
Ah, I had my mask on. Besides, after half a minute of these yeehaws I'd regressed to a sort of "fuck this shit" confrontational mood; had no idea what would happen after I neoplacebo'd them, but I did have that gallon of milk on me and could have definitely made them whiter than they were. The whole thing was a hotbed of wrong. I was six feet behind the guy checking out in front of me; when I switched into neoplacebo mode I noticed him looking back to see what was going to happen. :o

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:05 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Well, just got back from Wal Mart food shop because I ran out of milk. While waiting to check out, a guy in overalls with a long gray beard and his equally stunning girlfriend,
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9785236/b ... -contests/
both without masks despite signs on the door indicating "masks required" and in spite of the stickers on the floor reminding folks to distance, these trumpers were no more than a foot behind me. After about thirty seconds, I turned around and said "do you want to get in front of me......or do you want to back up?"
Brilliant offer to let them jump the line!
He mumbled something I couldn't understand and then I said "you don't watch the news, do you?" He said he did watch the news so I then said "then you just disregard it don't you?" Anyway, they backed up and also shut up. I started to tell them not to worry; that trump may come to town and throw them a mask but didn't wish to have any more interaction with either of them. The whole time I was wishing I needed to fart.
I admire your restraint in not causing them to burst into flame with a single phrase.
O Really wrote:
:lol: :thumbup:
:lol: The guy was probably my age and shorter than me but the girl was bigger than both of us. He's probably getting bitched at now by her for not making a better stand. They were both talking up a storm before I made my move but neither of them said a word during the two more minutes it took for me to get out of there. You have to create that sense of doubt in your adversary and ideally make them wonder "what the fuck is this guy capable of?" Their silence I took as a victory. And their silence lasted longer than my thirty seconds. I call victory.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.