Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:30 pm
GA will soon pass laws that only allow rich white people to vote and a special law that absolves the president of the US for any type of election interference. They will also attempt to bring back the 3/5 ths method of counting their black citizens......not that they already do that.
There's an Rx, maybe. Headline, with fix:

GOP warns HR 1 democracy could be 'absolutely devastating for Republicans'

:violin:
Amid allegations of spoiler candidate scheme, FL Democrats call for GOP Senator to resign

Florida Democrats on Friday called for Republican Sen. Ileana Garcia’s resignation and for a special election to be held in Miami-Dade Senate District 37, a day after state prosecutors accused a Miami GOP operative of planting a no-party candidate to sway the outcome of the race in November.

Garcia’s 2020 victory strengthened Senate Republicans’ decades-long control of the Florida Senate. But Democrats are calling into question the integrity of the election after a 25-page arrest affidavit laid bare an alleged scheme by former Republican state Sen. Frank Artiles that involved him paying an auto-parts dealer more than $40,000 to run and influence the race.

The sham candidate, Alexis “Alex” Rodriguez, shared the same surname as the incumbent, Democrat José Javier Rodríguez. The point of his candidacy, investigators said, was to “confuse voters and siphon votes from the incumbent.” Garcia won by 32 votes out of 215,000 ballots cast. Alex Rodriguez received more than 6,000 votes....

Artiles surrendered to police Thursday on felony charges on suspicion of offering his acquaintance, Alex Rodriguez, $50,000 to run as an independent in Miami-Dade’s Senate District 37 race. Rodriguez gave himself up to police Thursday as well....

On Thursday, when Artiles surrendered and state prosecutors laid out the alleged scheme, Garcia said in a text message that she was not going to “hit back because I’m working across the isle [sic] trying to to do what is best.”

... Garcia sits on the Senate Ethics and Elections Committee, and serves as vice chair in the Senate’s Rules and Community Affairs committees....
:roll: Repugs and their enablers - Florida Senate Repugs and Gov. Ron DeSantis - are slime.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Yeah, funny how RepubliQuans want everyone to have a gun but sure don't want every voter to vote. They go further down a fascist hole on a pretty much daily basis. Sick.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:19 pm
... Headline, with fix:

GOP warns HR 1 democracy could be 'absolutely devastating for Republicans'

:violin:

Amid allegations of spoiler candidate scheme, FL Democrats call for GOP Senator to resign

:roll: Repugs and their enablers - Florida Senate Repugs and Gov. Ron DeSantis - are slime.
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:40 am
Yeah, funny how RepubliQuans want everyone to have a gun but sure don't want every voter to vote. They go further down a fascist hole on a pretty much daily basis. Sick.
Yep. Join me?
Email Senator Ileana Garcia

Dear Senator Garcia,

Re: Amid allegations of spoiler candidate scheme, FL Democrats call for GOP Senator to resign
https://news.yahoo.com/amid-allegations ... 29773.html

Even if you were unaware of the criminal actions, which no one believes, you clearly benefited from them. The ONLY honorable and Christian (which you claim to be) thing for you to do is to resign and run again in a fair election. Otherwise, your sleazy lack of integrity is an assault on democracy and the rule of law, and shames both Florida and the GOP.

Sincerely,
(Vrede too)

cc: Governor Ron DeSantis
GovernorRon.Desantis@eog.myflorida.com
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I will send her a letter of dire warning that if she does not immediately resign, she will severely regret not doing so, as I happen to know with crystal certainty that if she does not resign she will shortly be arrested with Jesus at the wheel, two underage naked girls in the back, and twelve kilos of Peruvian flake cocaine and two sawed off shotguns in the trunk.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:48 pm
I will send her a letter of dire warning that if she does not immediately resign, she will severely regret not doing so, as I happen to know with crystal certainty that if she does not resign she will shortly be arrested with Jesus at the wheel, two underage naked girls in the back, and twelve kilos of Peruvian flake cocaine and two sawed off shotguns in the trunk.
Cool.
You want her to play for the Cubs? :P
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I'd settle for her getting hit in the head with a foul ball and then struck by lightning, evacuated by a plane that gets lost in a storm and then crashes in a cannibal country. But a righteous Christian felony arrest would be nice.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:11 pm
I'd settle for her getting hit in the head with a foul ball and then struck by lightning, evacuated by a plane that gets lost in a storm and then crashes in a cannibal country. But a righteous Christian felony arrest would be nice.
Rats, FL state Senator Ileana Garcia Garcia has not resigned yet. Show me how it's done, oh wise, scary and profane master.

Coca-Cola boycotted over Georgia voting rights bill

Activists in Georgia are organizing a boycott of Coca-Cola Co. for not opposing a voting rights bill making its way through the state legislature.

The activists want to see the company - one of Georgia's largest and most well known - condemn a Republican- led bill that would limit voter access.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution spoke with members of the AME Sixth Episcopal District, who said they were going to launch the boycott of the company's products until they publicly condemn the bill.

The legislation would enact new voter ID laws and change the time frame for voters to submit their ballots.

Bishop Reginald Jackson said "we will speak with our wallets," and called out the company for not fulfilling its promise to speak out about racial injustice issues.
Coca-Cola: Contact Us
https://us.coca-cola.com/support/contact-us

Re: Coca-Cola boycotted over Georgia voting rights bill
https://www.yahoo.com/news/coca-cola-bo ... 56915.html

Democracy matters, racism is vile, and silence is consent. I am boycotting all Coca-Cola products until you take a strong stand against all voter suppression.

Sincerely,
(Vrede too)
With very very rare exception I already don't consume any Coca-Cola products, but they don't have to know that.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:40 am
Yup.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Georgia Lawmaker Charged With Felony For Knocking On Gov. Brian Kemp’s Office Door

Her "crime"? Being a Black legislator nonviolently attempting to witness the signing of a voter suppression law, an official public act.

:x
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:35 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:11 pm
Rats, FL state Senator Ileana Garcia Garcia has not resigned yet. Show me how it's done, oh wise, scary and profane master.
Well, I've not been as prolific as I used to be in that area.....this year I've only done three test firings to date; the one to the owner of Lucky Gunner who sells online ammo to mass shooting perpetrators, one to Robert Jeffress, the "Christian" "Doctor" of Divinity who runs the vile Pathway to Victory tv scam, and one to that Mayor Boyd in Texas who famously crowed how he didn't owe anybody anything during the Texas power outage. But in general, to get the most rage from your intended target, be concise in your outrage, be liberal and imaginative in the use of profanity and vile hyperbole, and never write anything that could possibly be interpreted as a direct threat. Also try to include in your message something you know will piss them off the most......like wishing vile consequences for the target's female relatives. Then sign off with a final insult.....like "intestinally yours" or "yours in Jesus" or "growing strong through Christ." I find these religious references go well as a closure to a message that uses a good sprinkling of "goddamns" in the message proper. Follow this guidance and you will be sure to make an impression or be placed on a list of "enemies" or even the no fly list.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:46 am
Georgia Lawmaker Charged With Felony For Knocking On Gov. Brian Kemp’s Office Door

Her "crime"? Being a Black legislator nonviolently attempting to witness the signing of a voter suppression law, an official public act.

:x
It gets even worse:
Georgia governor reportedly signs voting restrictions into law under portrait of slave plantation

When Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) shared a photo of himself signing a new bill to restrict voting access in the state, it featured WHITE MALE Republican lawmakers gazing fondly upon him, as well as a prominent painting in the background....
:roll: Perfect.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I'm suspicious of Slim Shady on the far right. He looks like a right treacherous bastard if you ask me. The rest of them; it's hard to tell with the masks and all. But I'd say Slim is one to keep an eye on for sure. He better stay off the beach and stay white.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:38 pm
I'm suspicious of Slim Shady on the far right. He looks like a right treacherous bastard if you ask me. The rest of them; it's hard to tell with the masks and all. But I'd say Slim is one to keep an eye on for sure. He better stay off the beach and stay white.
Forgive a far westerner's crass ignorance: Who the heck is "Slim Shady"?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The skinny guy in partial shadow "on the far right"? Or:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminem#Alter_egos

"violent and dark, with a comic twist" sounds a lot like neoplacebo to me.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:00 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
It is supposedly the alter ego of Eminem but I just like the sound of it.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:13 pm
The skinny guy in partial shadow "on the far right"? Or:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminem#Alter_egos

"violent and dark, with a comic twist" sounds a lot like neoplacebo to me.
8-) I just try to do the best I can between high spots.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:27 am
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:00 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
It is supposedly the alter ego of Eminem but I just like the sound of it.
Oh, yeah, I remember now.

Never been much of a fan of Eminem. Reminds me too much of one of my cousins, who grew up in Greenwich Village and Manhattan but turned into a sort of conservative ass.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Yeah, I'm no fan of that asshole, either. That's why I disparage him.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

FL Pubs plan to outright steal next election.

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:12 pm
I'm not a hip hop fan and haven't paid attention to Eminem in a long time, but I've liked some of his music and thought that 8 Mile was a very good film. Why do you feel that he's an asshole?

Speaking of assholes:
Florida Republicans consider ban on giving voters water

... State Rep. Blaise Ingoglia, a Republican from Spring Hill, said in a committee meeting last Monday that the ban would include “food or beverages.”

The proposal is similar to a measure in Georgia’s sweeping new election law that bans giving water, food or gifts to voters waiting in line, among many other restrictions. President Joe Biden, in condemning Georgia's law as “outrageous” and “Jim Crow in the 21st Century," singled out that provision as evidence of suppressive intent in a state he flipped blue for the first time in decades.

"If you want any indication that it has nothing to do with fairness, nothing to do with decency, they pass a law saying you can't provide water for people standing in line while they're waiting to vote," he said on Friday....

Trump won Florida in 2020, but that hasn't stopped Republicans from pursuing a spate of election-related bills. Many of the bills under consideration target mail voting and drop boxes, a longstanding method for voters to return ballots that the former president attacked without evidence as inherently fraudulent. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, advocated for new mail voting restrictions last month.

The state has allowed all voters to vote by mail for more than 15 years.

H.B. 7041, which was recommended by an elections committee last Wednesday along party lines, is 44 pages long and contains a number of other election restrictions. It would require voters to request mail ballots more frequently, add more identification requirements for mail voting, and limit how drop boxes are used....
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: FL Pubs plan to outright steal next election.

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:05 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:12 pm
I'm not a hip hop fan and haven't paid attention to Eminem in a long time, but I've liked some of his music and thought that 8 Mile was a very good film. Why do you feel that he's an asshole?

Speaking of assholes:
Florida Republicans consider ban on giving voters water

... State Rep. Blaise Ingoglia, a Republican from Spring Hill, said in a committee meeting last Monday that the ban would include “food or beverages.”

The proposal is similar to a measure in Georgia’s sweeping new election law that bans giving water, food or gifts to voters waiting in line, among many other restrictions. President Joe Biden, in condemning Georgia's law as “outrageous” and “Jim Crow in the 21st Century," singled out that provision as evidence of suppressive intent in a state he flipped blue for the first time in decades.

"If you want any indication that it has nothing to do with fairness, nothing to do with decency, they pass a law saying you can't provide water for people standing in line while they're waiting to vote," he said on Friday....

Trump won Florida in 2020, but that hasn't stopped Republicans from pursuing a spate of election-related bills. Many of the bills under consideration target mail voting and drop boxes, a longstanding method for voters to return ballots that the former president attacked without evidence as inherently fraudulent. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, advocated for new mail voting restrictions last month.

The state has allowed all voters to vote by mail for more than 15 years.

H.B. 7041, which was recommended by an elections committee last Wednesday along party lines, is 44 pages long and contains a number of other election restrictions. It would require voters to request mail ballots more frequently, add more identification requirements for mail voting, and limit how drop boxes are used....
I guess I think he's an asshole because I consider him a white guy who's trying to be black and making money in the process. Sort of a capitalist cultural appropriator.