Behind it all there's always a Koch

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Behind it all there's always a Koch

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:01 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:53 am
Ulysses wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:25 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:15 am
That cat is solid black; its paws are white hot from the keyboard action.
If the feline's paws were "white hot from the keyboard action", wouldn't that melt the keyboard?

Would that not be pointless too?
Not at all. Speed is the key. Go out and light your charcoal grill, wait until the coals are white hot, and notice how you can rapidly lightly touch one of them and suffer no ill effect. For the same reason, the plastic keys do not absorb enough heat to even begin smoking, much less melt.
OK, let's dissect your reasoning, if that is the correct term for it.

First you say the cat's paws are white from the heat of the "keyboard action".

Would that not mean that there was sufficiently long contact to transfer heat from the friction of contact with the keyboard to turn the black fur white?

But then you argue that it's like rapidly touching hot coals without feeling the heat.

The difference of course is that hot coals get that way from being set on fire; most often from being dosed with lighter fluid and then ignited with suitable device (lighter, or those electric heating units, which I've never used). Are you implying that the keyboard is first doused with lighter fluid and then set ablaze? Would that not in turn melt the plastic keys?

Just trying to make sense of your post.

I'd ask my cat about it but she's taking a nap.
Ok, here goes......the paws got white hot from the "keyboard action" IS somewhat misleading. More correctly, the paws got white hot from the friction between the high speed paws and the air around the paws (the same thing would happen if the paws were dropped from space; nothing other than the paws would get hot).

There is no friction or heat transfer to the keyboard because of the speed of the paws. The keyboard is not moving at high speed like the paws are. Because of this the keyboard is unharmed. If you were able to hold the white hot charcoal chunks in your hands and type with cat speed, the keys would not get hot, much less melt. This in itself illustrates my initial theory, except in a backward way.....that briefly and rapidly touching a white hot object, in this case the cat paws, will not cause injury to the other object, in this case, the keys on the board.

Keep up the good work.

Let us know what the cat says later.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

I was thinking that would be your next dodge, er, I mean, explanation. Air friction.

Sure, right.

Whatever you say, Captain Obvious.

And none of this explains how the cat manages to tolerate what must be intense pain from white hot paws, regardless of how the heat has been generated.

Drugs?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

You're actually up at 4 am debating neoplacebo's post about white hot cat paws as if it was ever meant to be taken as a literal physics and biologic fact? Wow, that's really really stupid.

neoplacebo - 1
Useless - 0

Anyhow, I'm glad you got distracted from whining about me for no apparent reason. That was pretty dumb, too.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I got your back, hominy. :lol: I started out with offbeat humor and had to segue into physics, friction, and faux seriousness and never understood why. There have been times when I've generated friction, heat, and smoke from the rubber tires on my car. No cats in sight.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:31 am
I was thinking that would be your next dodge, er, I mean, explanation. Air friction.

Sure, right.

Whatever you say, Captain Obvious.

And none of this explains how the cat manages to tolerate what must be intense pain from white hot paws, regardless of how the heat has been generated.

Drugs?
Ah, anticipatory thought.....I should have anticipated it.

None of this was intended to explain how the cat avoids pain from white hot paws because it was not meant to be taken seriously anyway. After all, cats don't do what you posted one doing. Is it clearing up any for you?

Carry on, Captain Redlegs.

Drugs? Yes, please.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:56 am

None of this was intended to explain how the cat avoids pain from white hot paws because it was not meant to be taken seriously anyway. After all, cats don't do what you posted one doing. Is it clearing up any for you?

Drugs? Yes, please.
:lol: Useless was actually arguing real world possibilities for a cat that's sitting at a table furiously typing essays on a laptop.

Fwiw, it's frostbite from the coldness of the pussy's prose.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:23 am
neoplacebo wrote:

Drugs? Yes, please.
:lol: Useless was actually arguing real world possibilities for a cat that's sitting at a table furiously typing essays on a laptop.

Another hypothesis is that the cat was actually white before it started typing and the massive dose of amphetamine administered to it resulted in severe convulsion, profuse brain heat, and ultimately turning the white cat nearly all black. Which all goes to show that things are not what they seem and that better, faster typing through chemistry is not only possible but guaranteed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:55 am
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:

Drugs? Yes, please.

Another hypothesis is that the cat was actually white before it started typing and the massive dose of amphetamine administered to it resulted in severe convulsion, profuse brain heat, and ultimately turning the white cat nearly all black. Which all goes to show that things are not what they seem and that better, faster typing through chemistry is not only possible but guaranteed.
Bad bad pusher Useless.

This sounds terrible but -
Once you go black, you never go back.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:

What a strange tangent.

Thought you were on ignore? What happened?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:13 pm
Vrede too wrote:

What a strange tangent.

Fer sure the Kochs got left in the dust
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:13 pm
What a strange tangent.

:lol: He'd even posted that it was going to be permanent ignore.

Idk, maybe he noticed that I was quoting him more than ever, or he peeked and saw how often using ignore was showing him to be an idiot. What's really bizarre is that he attacked me last night in 3 threads including this one where I wasn't messing with him at all. Obsessed. I guess he's destined to be a moron regardless.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ah, sorry for instigating his intransigence. I, too, intended to disregard him as noted a few days ago. But some stupid you just can't let slide.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Pointless, too.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I once had a pointless compass. It was useless so I stomped it. I am pretty sure the Kochs don't much care for trump. I read that somewhere in a book not long ago. They are too smart to support trump; he was just a tool as far as they were concerned. They knew right off trump was pointless and actually owed points.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I once had a pointless pointer. It was an impediment to my teaching career.
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:49 pm
Ah, sorry for instigating his intransigence. I, too, intended to disregard him as noted a few days ago. But some stupid you just can't let slide.
No need. I don't see mocking his kitty childishness as an instigation.

I find his idiocy too entertaining to disregard, and his use of ignore without ever really ignoring just increased my mirth.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:49 pm
neoplacebo wrote:

I find his idiocy too entertaining to disregard, and his use of ignore without ever really ignoring just increased my mirth.
Yeah, I know. I'm just now beginning to cool down from all that white hot and approaching the speed of light typing shown earlier. I thought we were all going to die. The Koch's would never succumb to something like this.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:39 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:49 pm
neoplacebo wrote:

Yeah, I know. I'm just now beginning to cool down from all that white hot and approaching the speed of light typing shown earlier. I thought we were all going to die. The Koch's would never succumb to something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUI4-uUIcI
1312. ETTD.