COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by Ulysses »

Aren't we being a bit too literal?

Someone may have missed the wink emoji: ;-)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A judge slapped down Oath Keepers accused of joining the Capitol riot for citing anti-vaxx conspiracy theories in their legal filings

Men awaiting trial over the Capitol riot cited anti-vaxxer conspiracy theories in a court filing.

They said they were being pressured to get vaccinated in jail and argued for their release.

The judge slammed them for pushing "fringe views" and denied their request.
:violin: :---P

89 NYPD officers on leave over vaccine mandate, despite unions warning 10,000 would resist

:lol: The unions are fuQed.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

You're terminated.

These are probably the same people that think workers rights and unions are horrible evil things.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:56 pm
You're terminated.

These are probably the same people that think workers rights and unions are horrible evil things.
Police unions have me reconsidering my automatic support for workers rights and unions.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:11 pm
bannination wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:56 pm
You're terminated.

Police unions have me reconsidering my automatic support for workers rights and unions.
Police and fire unions are different from your standard industrial union, but in most cases aren't bad. And a lot of the circumstances that create issues are caused by their city government. And the city councils are notoriously bad at keeping a leash on their police/fire unions because the unions form a pretty strong voting bloc. It is true that the union sees its job as protecting its member "brothers" at all costs and no matter the issue. But that attitude is pretty much what all cops unfortunately have with their "blue line." And that "us against them" attitude isn't without some justification. Without some substantial protections, cops would be subject to frivolous complaints by citizens, arbitrary and politically based actions by the city, and abuse of management authority.

Having said that, however, some of the unions, including NYC and Seattle picked the wrong side of the vax issue. They coulda shoulda gotten behind it from the first day and assured in the best interest of their members that everybody got vaxxed. But in catering to a minority of whiners, they'll not only lose the argument, lose face, and look stupid when not "thousands" of cops quit over it. After loud threats of chaos, Seattle ended up losing just a handful of city employees. It's one thing to posture about how you're not going to take no shot no matter what the city says, yet quite another to go home and tell the wife/hubby that you really quit your $80+ job with good healthcare benefits and a pension that was practically total security from firing or layoff. Opps. "But Honey, it's OK, we'll move to Florida - they'll take me." (for about half pay)

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

I'm wondering if a citizen requesting assistance from a police officer has a right first to know that officer's vaccination status, and to request a different police officer who is fully vaccinated/tested.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

rightsfox72 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:07 pm
Im happy that everything (at least in my area) has reopened again. BUT I'm terribly saddened seeing the amount of people losing their jobs because they are being forced to put something in their bodies that they don't want to. I'm not an antivaxxer in any way but I believe everyone should choose what they put in their body.
Sure, personal choice and all that.

Conversely employers have personal and personel choices regarding who they want working for them, small business owners have personal choice on servicing them and I have a personal choice of what type of business I want to solicit.

Welcome stranger what brings you to these parts?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rightsfox72 wrote:
Im happy that everything (at least in my area) has reopened again. BUT I'm terribly saddened seeing the amount of people losing their jobs because they are being forced to put something in their bodies that they don't want to. I'm not an antivaxxer in any way but I believe everyone should choose what they put in their body.
Your rights end at my actively inhaling nostrils. The COVIDiot antivaxxers are free to engage with anyone that gives their fully informed consent, but not me and not responsible employers.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Welcome aboard, rightsfoxx72 - Are you also saddened by the number of people who have lost their jobs because they chose to put THC or cocaine in their bodies, or chose to put too much alcohol at the wrong time? If you want an argument about how worthless and invasive employer drug tests are, I'll be happy to give it to you, but in the meantime employees have put up with drug testing for decades. Or how about the people who have lost their jobs because they didn't want to wear what the employer required, or didn't want to cut their hair or take baths? A right to personal choices? Sure, but no right to work for any particular employer.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rightsfox72 wrote:
Are you also saddened by the number of people who have lost their jobs because they got sick or died from CV-19? Which group makes you sadder?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

rightsfox72 wrote:
Well, shucks, you must go all to pieces when you see little kids walking to school in September and think about the nearly dozen vaccines they all had to get before being able to attend school. I bet you'd be a big hit back during WWII when rationing of certain things was mandated. Back then if you'd bitched about your "personal freedom" they would have kicked your ass. Have you ever thought about that? Would you be a polio advocate? If they told you to? On your own?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:33 pm
Welcome aboard, rightsfoxx72 - Are you also saddened by the number of people who have lost their jobs because they chose to put THC or cocaine in their bodies, or chose to put too much alcohol at the wrong time? If you want an argument about how worthless and invasive employer drug tests are, I'll be happy to give it to you, but in the meantime employees have put up with drug testing for decades. Or how about the people who have lost their jobs because they didn't want to wear what the employer required, or didn't want to cut their hair or take baths? A right to personal choices? Sure, but no right to work for any particular employer.
:thumbup: Meanwhile, in your ( ;) ) hood:
Anti-Vaxxer’s Racist Outburst at Council Meeting Turns Into Epic Self-Own

A discussion about coronavirus vaccines became so heated during a San Diego board of supervisors meeting on Tuesday night that one public attendee unleashed a vile, racist attack before being booted by security and ditched by a radio station he worked for.

... during the session, residents were able to make open comments, and more than a dozen stood at a podium to vocalize their disdain and concern about the pandemic. San Diego doesn’t have an indoor vaccine mandate but many attendees used the meeting to cast doubt on the efficacy of the vaccine and question why there were even COVID-19 restrictions. One speaker then turned his pandemic rant into a wave of personal digs.

“Ladies, gentlemen,” Jason Robo said to the public standing behind him, according to a recording of the meeting. “Traitors,” he addressed the board members.

After expressing skepticism about the pandemic and vaccine, Robo told members of the board to resign.

“Vargas,” Robo said to board supervisor Nora Vargas, who is Latina, “I can’t wait for your arteries to clog. They’re not doing it fast enough.”

Through laughter from the public in the back, he told board supervisor Nathan Fletcher to kill himself and supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer to hang from a tree like a monkey.

Then, Robo moved on to the county’s public health officer Dr. Wilma Wooten, who is Black.

“Wooten,” he said, “you’re a f---ing Aunt Jemima. Syrup on sweet will cause your diabetic—”

... Robo, a wannabe stand-up comedian well-known in some parts of California for his bizarre and often racist efforts at activism, received some swift backlash for his outburst.

He reportedly lost his unpaid job at Redwood community radio station KMUD Garberville and was blacklisted from performing at the Mad House Comedy Club in San Diego....

The Times also reported that the founder of Mad House said in a statement, “We are an uncensored comedy club. We are politically neutral as a business. However, ‘uncensored’ is not a green light to be racist. We have a diverse group of employees we love. We have a diverse group of performers we love. We have a diverse group of customers we love. We stand with all of them and will not allow Mr. Robo to perform on any show at the Mad House including the open mic.”
:---P Robo Flop.
... In an unaired interview with NBC 7, Robo claimed he attacked Vargas because he felt she was “not a good representative” of her ethnicity. He also claimed that his status as a comedian somehow justified his attempt to bring up race. He compared the concept of talking about race with people being forced into getting vaccinated. Then, he claimed that he could not be racist because he previously dated a woman who was Black and Cherokee.
:roll:
Before his racism and hateful tantrum, Robo told the council meeting that the pandemic was planned and a “premeditated scam.” He compared finding the truth online to finding “a kid at John Wayne Gacy’s house.” Robo blamed the board for being “minions of the pharmaceutical industry” and for closing beaches during the pandemic, which he said killed people, and for being “vax murderers.”

“Then, you mandate the vax. You’re a vax murderer basically,” he charged. “We are your adverse reaction. You should resign.”
:obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:34 am
O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:33 pm
:thumbup: Meanwhile, in your ( ;) ) hood:
Anti-Vaxxer’s Racist Outburst at Council Meeting Turns Into Epic Self-Own

A discussion about coronavirus vaccines became so heated during a San Diego board of supervisors meeting on Tuesday night that one public attendee unleashed a vile, racist attack before being booted by security and ditched by a radio station he worked for.

... during the session, residents were able to make open comments, and more than a dozen stood at a podium to vocalize their disdain and concern about the pandemic. San Diego doesn’t have an indoor vaccine mandate but many attendees used the meeting to cast doubt on the efficacy of the vaccine and question why there were even COVID-19 restrictions. One speaker then turned his pandemic rant into a wave of personal digs.

“Ladies, gentlemen,” Jason Robo said to the public standing behind him, according to a recording of the meeting. “Traitors,” he addressed the board members.

After expressing skepticism about the pandemic and vaccine, Robo told members of the board to resign.

“Vargas,” Robo said to board supervisor Nora Vargas, who is Latina, “I can’t wait for your arteries to clog. They’re not doing it fast enough.”

Through laughter from the public in the back, he told board supervisor Nathan Fletcher to kill himself and supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer to hang from a tree like a monkey.

Then, Robo moved on to the county’s public health officer Dr. Wilma Wooten, who is Black.

“Wooten,” he said, “you’re a f---ing Aunt Jemima. Syrup on sweet will cause your diabetic—”

... Robo, a wannabe stand-up comedian well-known in some parts of California for his bizarre and often racist efforts at activism, received some swift backlash for his outburst.

He reportedly lost his unpaid job at Redwood community radio station KMUD Garberville and was blacklisted from performing at the Mad House Comedy Club in San Diego....

The Times also reported that the founder of Mad House said in a statement, “We are an uncensored comedy club. We are politically neutral as a business. However, ‘uncensored’ is not a green light to be racist. We have a diverse group of employees we love. We have a diverse group of performers we love. We have a diverse group of customers we love. We stand with all of them and will not allow Mr. Robo to perform on any show at the Mad House including the open mic.”
:---P Robo Flop.
... In an unaired interview with NBC 7, Robo claimed he attacked Vargas because he felt she was “not a good representative” of her ethnicity. He also claimed that his status as a comedian somehow justified his attempt to bring up race. He compared the concept of talking about race with people being forced into getting vaccinated. Then, he claimed that he could not be racist because he previously dated a woman who was Black and Cherokee.
Before his racism and hateful tantrum, Robo told the council meeting that the pandemic was planned and a “premeditated scam.” He compared finding the truth online to finding “a kid at John Wayne Gacy’s house.” Robo blamed the board for being “minions of the pharmaceutical industry” and for closing beaches during the pandemic, which he said killed people, and for being “vax murderers.”

“Then, you mandate the vax. You’re a vax murderer basically,” he charged. “We are your adverse reaction. You should resign.”
:obscene-birdiered:
Full vid:

https://www.cbs8.com/video/news/local/s ... 580b69273d

Dude wasn't even that funny. The John Wayne Gacy joke was only one of two jokes he made. The rest of his "jokes" were just calling people names.

The dudes trying to hide behind being a comedian.

Then you had a bunch of people cheering the dude on.

These people are slaves to their own anger and emotions and it leads them around like dogs on a leash.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Oh this is some great justice right here...... the typical constitution quoting jackasses trying to start some shit in a cookie shop gets what they deserve:

https://www.reddit.com/r/iamatotalpiece ... ore_owner/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:53 am
Oh this is some great justice right here...... the typical constitution quoting jackasses trying to start some shit in a cookie shop gets what they deserve:

https://www.reddit.com/r/iamatotalpiece ... ore_owner/
Wow, thanks. Hilarious that he documented that his COVIDiot partner initiated the assault that he's now also an accomplice to. No one says that COVIDiots are smart. Lock them up!

Hah, first comment:
Ah yes record yourself starting the fight then playing the victim and get shocked when you get a charge for assault that is a satisfying ending.
Great minds.
I also wanted to see him get charged for stealing the bat!
Man I wish I was a fly on the wall when these people meet an actual lawyer that tells them how stupid they were
It won't matter because they think their interpretation of the law is the correct one. No matter the consequence, they'll think it's a grand conspiracy to violate their rights.
I wish these people were quarantined to an island of stupidity where they could never deny each other anything because of "muh freedoms."
This is a prime example of when stupid people use big words that they don't understand to try and sound smart.
Hundreds more at the link, all or nearly all on the shop owner's side.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Trolling COVIDiots.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Big bird got vaccinated against covid. Outrage ensues

Also - back in the 70s big bird got vaccinated against measles. Not sure if there was the same outrage back then.

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:05 pm
Big bird got vaccinated against covid. Outrage ensues

Also - back in the 70s big bird got vaccinated against measles. Not sure if there was the same outrage back then.

:clap: Sesame Street and the Muppets give antivaxxers the Bird. :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Whiny lying Lisa Boothe's self description:
@FoxNews | 🎙 The Truth with Lisa Boothe @iHeartradio & @Gingrich360
1312. ETTD.