Moronic Kevin McCarthy

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Moronic Kevin McCarthy

Unread post by O Really »

I think McCarthy could be re-elected as Speaker. I don't imagine he will - but the vote is to vacate, subject to a new election. He's not disqualified from the office. I'd really really love to be wrong, but I'm still betting on a loon.

Edit: nevermind. He says he isn't running again.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

So who's the next moron? :roll:

We've already got a temporary one from North Carolina.

:lol:

Edit: the greatest moron of them all?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:42 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:31 pm
Democrats aren't playing ball (at the moment).

https://twitter.com/RpsAgainstTrump/sta ... 2891040161
Have GoCubsGo and I ever mentioned that we're consultants for the DNC? The Dems might come up with 200+ reasons for their votes, that's how awful ex-SINO was, but I believe what put it over the top was his authorizing an impeachment investigation of Joe without the vote he'd promised.

Now, the test for our divergent prediction powers is whether we get a Speaker that's more or less wingnutty. It's even possible that we end up with a Dem. Perhaps not Hakeem Jeffries (NY), though - too liberal, too Black and too much of a capitulation for the unanimous Repugs to stomach.

Anyhow, ex-SINO will be listed as a FAILED Speaker, not impactful enough to warrant even a footnote.

He sealed his own fate to boot.

Apparently McCarthy sealed his fate with the Dems with his Sunday appearance on Face the Nation with regards to the continuing resolution.

He's proven himself untrustworthy to the Dems, Repubs and the White House. His word is no good.

McCarthy got even more brazen with Face the Nation’s Margaret Brennan on Sunday morning: “I wasn’t sure it was gonna pass. You know why? Because the Democrats tried to do everything they can not to let it pass.”
https://www.thenation.com/article/polit ... esolution/
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:46 pm

Oh wait.... :laughing-rolling:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:04 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1709374672960135256

Good find. Are such rules inviolable? Is Hannity an ignorant imbecile? Would P01135809 have been able to get a unanimous RepuQ vote, anyhow?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Somewhere along the way I've said that several times. For sure it would be the best place for trump to further damage the country.

On to kevin who "told Fox News's Sean Hannity explicitly on Tuesday night that the Clinton investigation was part of a "strategy to fight and win."
He explained: "Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought."'

Besides, we love spending taxpayer money on our private endeavors, it just makes them more fun.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:42 pm

Anyhow, ex-SINO will be listed as a FAILED Speaker, not impactful enough to warrant even a footnote.

My bad. It matters that he's the ONLY Speaker to ever be removed by a House vote. That will always be notable.
GoCubsGo wrote:
So who's the next moron? :roll:

We've already got a temporary one from North Carolina.

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... 8164423150

:roll: You're welcome, America.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:06 pm

:roll: You're welcome, America.
:laughing-rolling:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Kevin McCarthy’s Tweet About The House Speaker Vote … Did Not Age Well

Opps.

John Fugelsang

Kevin McCarthy, name your favorite cheerleader movie to weep to when you lock yourself in your office bc your own caucus hates you & you’re a moral cipher who believes in nothing but yourself?
I hope one day I have this level of misplaced confidence in myself
Farron Cousins (Ring of Fire)

This post will be even funnier after he has to change that username.
:---P More ex-SINO mocking tweets at the link.

GoCubsGo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1709374672960135256

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7j2m5eX0AA ... name=large
As you informed us:
House Dem Spots 1 Very Awkward Problem In GOP Plan To Make Trump Next Speaker
There's one glaring issue standing in the way of the far-right plot to install Trump as next House speaker.

... GOP Reps. Troy Nehls (Tex.), Greg Steube (Fla.) and Marjorie Taylor-Greene (Ga.) all tweeted in support of Trump becoming speaker, while Jim Jordan (Ohio) told Fox News that if Trump wants to be speaker “that’s fine, too.”
MAGAt bandwagon idiots.
... By late Wednesday, “Rule 26” was trending on X (and BRD ;) ), formerly known as Twitter.

That’s not the only kink in the plan.

House speaker is a labor-intensive job. Trump, on the other hand, is better known for spending as much time as he can playing golf. During his four-year presidency, Trump spent nearly 300 days on the golf course, as the former president’s critics noted on X:

Trump LOVES parliamentary procedure!
Trump could never do this. It's a job.
I am willing to bet that Republicans will try to ignore House Rule 26 the way they ignore all other inconvenient rules, regulations, and realities since Trump bought their souls.
Yep. :ateeth:
Gee, nothing could go wrong there, could it?
Because that’s the kind of guy Trump is. A helper. Willing to serve to help the Party.
Mary L Trump

Donald will not replace Kevin McCarthy as Speaker.

Being Speaker requires work.
David Corn (Mother Jones)

GOP looking for a leader with more indictments than George Santos!
It would be really funny if they put the most chaotic person on earth in charge of procedural issues. Republicans, as a party, would implode faster than ever.
:thumbup: More scoffing tweets at the link. Also, lifelong cowardly Dolt .45 will never subject himself to the likelihood of LOSING the Speaker election.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So in a conflict of despicables, McCarthy and Gaetz, whose victory makes you happy?

Reminds me of the psychological impact of conflict:
An attract-repel situation is not stressful. You know what you want to do.
An attract-attract situation is stressful, but not negatively because either outcome is satisfactory.
A repel-repel situation is most stressful because there is no satisfactory outcome available yet some choice must be made.

I really really hate it that Gaetz is happy even for a few days/weeks, but McCarthy certainly did show that he deserved the boot when he was on "Face the Nation."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:29 am
So in a conflict of despicables, McCarthy and Gaetz, whose victory makes you happy?

Reminds me of the psychological impact of conflict:
An attract-repel situation is not stressful. You know what you want to do.
An attract-attract situation is stressful, but not negatively because either outcome is satisfactory.
A repel-repel situation is most stressful because there is no satisfactory outcome available yet some choice must be made.

I really really hate it that Gaetz is happy even for a few days/weeks, but McCarthy certainly did show that he deserved the boot when he was on "Face the Nation."
The unanimous Dems salivated over this Gaetz victory. He can sow chaos in the GQP caucus, but he has no power over policy.

If the RepuQs refuse to put forward a name that some Dems or the unanimous GQP can vote for, does McHenry stay Speaker pro tem indefinitely, and was that Gaetz's goal?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:29 am

Gaetz is hardly the darling of the Republican party atm, as 215(?) voted against him.

No winners, but multiple losers.

And yeah, McCarthy sealed his own fate. He showed the reason that nobody trusted him once again.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:38 am

The unanimous Dems salivated over this Gaetz victory. He can sow chaos in the GQP caucus, but he has no power over policy.
Not sure you can sow chaos in the GQP caucus without sowing chaos in Congress as a whole. Not a good thing for the country overall. And no, he can't create policy, but he and his merry little band of fools has already affected it significantly.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:43 am

And yeah, McCarthy sealed his own fate. He showed the reason that nobody trusted him once again.
We saw that interview. Couldn't believe he would think it in his best interest to toss the people who saved his bacon under the bus. Margaret Brennan literally laughed in his face. And then reminded him of the vote count.

I'd like to see McCarthy and Gaetz in the Thunderdome where "two men enter, only one leaves" and then have the one who thinks he's leaving find this guy blocking the exit:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:43 am
Gaetz is hardly the darling of the Republican party atm, as 215(?) voted against him.

No winners, but multiple losers.

210 RepuQs voted against Gaetz and the other 7 extremists.

Declaring the office of Speaker of the House of Representatives to be vacant
For - 208 Dems and 8 RepuQs
Against - 210 RepuQs
Not Voting - 7
Does this make the 8 RepuQs RINOs?

These 8 Republicans stood apart to remove Kevin McCarthy as House speaker
Gaetz (FL)
ANDY BIGGS (AZ)
KEN BUCK (CO)
TIM BURCHETT (TN), adjacent district to neoplacebo
ELI CRANE (AZ)
BOB GOOD (VA)
NANCY MACE (SC)
MATT ROSENDALE (MT :puke-left: )

No Bozobert. Maybe they've asked her to stay in the shadows for now.

Hardline duo emerge as frontrunners to succeed McCarthy as House speaker
Jim Jordan confirms his run while Steve Scalise, House majority leader, reportedly sounds out support

As O Really predicted.

Neither will get any Dems. Will molester-abettor Jordan be able to get the unanimous RepuQs?
... Jordan ... and Scalise are both hardline conservatives who may struggle to attract support from moderates – a fact not lost on observers after some on the hard right of the Republican conference chose to make McCarthy the first speaker ever removed by his own party....

Other names floated by reporters included Kevin Hern of Oklahoma, chair of the Republican study committee....
:think:
In the Senate, the Democratic majority leader, Chuck Schumer, urged the next speaker to embrace bipartisanship, even though hard-right Republicans will probably feel emboldened following McCarthy’s ouster.

“You cannot allow a small band of [‘Make America Great Again’] extremists, which represent just a very small percentage of the views of the country, to tell the overwhelming majority of Americans what to do,” Schumer said in a floor speech on Wednesday. “Maga extremism is a poison that the House GOP has refused to confront for years, and until the mainstream House Republicans deal with this issue, chaos will continue.”

Within the House Republican conference, moderates from swing districts lamented the fall of McCarthy and the divisive speaker race to come.

Speaking to Politico, David Valadao, a California Republican and a rare survivor of the 10 who voted to impeach Trump over the Capitol attack, lamented “a sideshow that is sad to watch”, mounted by a party “basically just tearing [itself] apart”.
:clap:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yep, Goofy RINO Gaetz.

Matt Gaetz's GOP colleagues are so annoyed with him that they forced him to stand on the Democratic side of the House floor

... "I'd love to have him out of the conference," Nebraska Rep. Don Bacon said on Tuesday, after McCarthy was voted out of the speakership. "He shouldn't be in the Republican Party."

Rep. Derrick Van Orden of Wisconsin said he puts "the best interests of the United States of America and my constituents above" his personal feelings and that "clearly, Matt Gaetz can't do that."

And California Rep. Mike Garcia was more blunt, describing Gaetz as a "Republican running with scissors," per The Post....
:---P

Aha, LNF's runswithscissors is Matt Gaetz. :P
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:44 pm
Yep, Goofy RINO Gaetz.

Matt Gaetz's GOP colleagues are so annoyed with him that they forced him to stand on the Democratic side of the House floor

... "I'd love to have him out of the conference," Nebraska Rep. Don Bacon said on Tuesday, after McCarthy was voted out of the speakership. "He shouldn't be in the Republican Party."

Rep. Derrick Van Orden of Wisconsin said he puts "the best interests of the United States of America and my constituents above" his personal feelings and that "clearly, Matt Gaetz can't do that."

And California Rep. Mike Garcia was more blunt, describing Gaetz as a "Republican running with scissors," per The Post....

That's funny.

Go Rebekah
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:43 am
Vrede too wrote:
... And California Rep. Mike Garcia was more blunt, describing Gaetz as a "Republican running with scissors," per The Post....

That's funny.

Go Rebekah
There was never any doubt that courageous Rebekah Jones was going to get trounced in RW FL1, but did she run a respectable campaign?

I found this, you could be a star!
Stephen King movie filming in south Alabama seeks (1,000) extras

Aside: I was nearly an institutionalized psych patient extra in star-studded Final Analysis, but I ended up on the cutting room floor :( . It was partially filmed at Oakland's Highland Hospital where I was working in the ER and I figured why not? I did get paid for the 4 hours or so. Never again, lots of standing around waiting, very boring.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:06 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:43 am
Vrede too wrote:
... And California Rep. Mike Garcia was more blunt, describing Gaetz as a "Republican running with scissors," per The Post....

That's funny.

Go Rebekah
There was never any doubt that courageous Rebekah Jones was going to get trounced in RW FL1, but did she run a respectable campaign?

I found this, you could be a star!
Stephen King movie filming in south Alabama seeks (1,000) extras

Aside: I was nearly an institutionalized psych patient extra in star-studded Final Analysis, but I ended up on the cutting room floor :( . It was partially filmed at Oakland's Highland Hospital where I was working in the ER and I figured why not? I did get paid for the 4 hours or so. Never again, lots of standing around waiting, very boring.
Same here for Norma Rae

GoCubsGo
Admiral

She's just getting goofier.