0-5 after 4, ut-oh
2-6 final, 1-2
I'm 5-2
2021 Atlanta Braves
LAD going for 3-peat
Go Padres (preferred) or Brewers
0-5 after 4, ut-oh
I agree that it's sucky scheduling but who is disadvantaged by playing in the heat, LAD or Atlanta? Or, is it that SD can't play in "winter"?O Really wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:12 pmDodgers are playing in real time at 1:00, with temp over 100f. Why they couldn't have had an evening game, I don't know. Lots of empty seats expected because of the heat, even with the cheapest ticket at $59. Not that I usually feel sorry for Dodgers, but that does seem unnecessarily cruel. Meanwhile, it'll be just 60ish in Milwaukee at game time, basically winter for us. Why couldn't they have gotten the day game?
Billy.P would probably say there are thumbs on the scales.
But it will be a dry heat.O Really wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:12 pmDodgers are playing in real time at 1:00, with temp over 100f. Why they couldn't have had an evening game, I don't know. Lots of empty seats expected because of the heat, even with the cheapest ticket at $59. Not that I usually feel sorry for Dodgers, but that does seem unnecessarily cruel. Meanwhile, it'll be just 60ish in Milwaukee at game time, basically winter for us. Why couldn't they have gotten the day game?
Billy.P would probably say there are thumbs on the scales.
Makes sense to have a dome in Milwaukee. Good to know, thanks.
I know they schedule these well in advance with TV exposure, i.e. money being the overriding factor. They have shown flexibility in the past when there are real danger factors. Personally, I don't think this qualifies. The Cubs and other midwest clubs play in well over 100° heat indices every summer and it's a lot more humid. Went to one myself in September against the Brewers.O Really wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:34 pmMakes sense to have a dome in Milwaukee. Good to know, thanks.
I know whining over a 100f day sounds really lame to people in Arizona, South Florida and Texas, but really, when they're warning people to stay inside, hydrate, seek cooling spots, yada, does it make sense to schedule a baseball game? No dome at Dodger Stadium.
It's baseball, it's not like the players exert themselves.
