It's the economy, stupid.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
User avatar
O Really
Admiral
Posts: 25073
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by O Really »

Naa, although I do like 50 Mercs, if I got one it wouldn't be a woody. But that's a fine looking specimen there, isn't it?

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Admiral
Posts: 27445
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:43 pm
Naa, although I do like 50 Mercs, if I got one it wouldn't be a woody. But that's a fine looking specimen there, isn't it?
It is.
I've always liked Woodys.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.


Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

User avatar
O Really
Admiral
Posts: 25073
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:17 pm
O Really wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:43 pm
Naa, although I do like 50 Mercs, if I got one it wouldn't be a woody. But that's a fine looking specimen there, isn't it?
It is.
I've always liked Woodys.
I like Woodys for somebody else. And there are a lot of nice ones that live around here. But if I was getting a 50ish Merc, this one is more my style.

Image

supesalemgr2
General
Posts: 736
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2025 1:21 pm

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by supesalemgr2 »

O Really wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:25 pm
supesalemgr2 wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:54 pm


What encourages me is more school systems are adding "Shops" to the academic offerings. This allows folks to match their skills/desires to what jobs are available in the market place.
Yeah, because we all know high schoolers will make wise choices and not take "Shop" just because it may be easy and they can work on their own car. I'd rather see a post-high school (maybe community college) collaboration with employers/unions for a real working apprentice program.
Blue Ridge Community College is doing that here locally.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Admiral
Posts: 27445
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:14 am
GoCubsGo wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:17 pm
O Really wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:43 pm
Naa, although I do like 50 Mercs, if I got one it wouldn't be a woody. But that's a fine looking specimen there, isn't it?
It is.
I've always liked Woodys.
I like Woodys for somebody else. And there are a lot of nice ones that live around here. But if I was getting a 50ish Merc, this one is more my style.

Image
That's sharp.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.


Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 64241
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:17 pm


I've always liked Woodys.
That's what she said. :wave:
The Truth Will Set You Free, But First It Will Piss You Off
-- Gloria Steinem
1312. ETTD. 86 47.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Admiral
Posts: 27445
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Golf tournaments are a tremendous driver of the economy.

We have a President who cares.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.


Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 64241
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:02 am
Golf tournaments are a tremendous driver of the economy.

We have a President who cares.

https://x.com/kaitlancollins/status/2106395547078697122
479-453-0533

Since I don't like Sen Tom Cotton I added to his voice mail jam. However, my message was that I don't approve of rude bully Dozy Don so leave Daylight Savings the way it is. :twisted:
The Truth Will Set You Free, But First It Will Piss You Off
-- Gloria Steinem
1312. ETTD. 86 47.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Admiral
Posts: 27445
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:16 am
GoCubsGo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:02 am
Golf tournaments are a tremendous driver of the economy.

We have a President who cares.

https://x.com/kaitlancollins/status/2106395547078697122
479-453-0533

Since I don't like Sen Tom Cotton I added to his voice mail jam. However, my message was that I don't approve of rude bully Dozy Don so leave Daylight Savings the way it is. :twisted:
No one enjoys flipping clock, but sunrise at 9 am in the winter is not appealing either.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.


Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

User avatar
O Really
Admiral
Posts: 25073
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:06 pm


No one enjoys flipping clock, but sunrise at 9 am in the winter is not appealing either.
Sure, but how long would that last? A month at most? It's not like winter up there is all rainbows and unicorns anyway. When it's dark you don't have to look at all the snirt and snit piled up.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Admiral
Posts: 27445
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:25 pm
GoCubsGo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:06 pm


No one enjoys flipping clock, but sunrise at 9 am in the winter is not appealing either.
Sure, but how long would that last? A month at most? It's not like winter up there is all rainbows and unicorns anyway. When it's dark you don't have to look at all the snirt and snit piled up.
It'd be far longer than a month, daylight changes are far slower at the solstice.

Not so much for me, having the dog sleep in to a reasonable hour would be pretty darn nice but school kids getting up and being outside waiting for the bus in pitch black night is seemingly pretty dangerous. They start picking them up a little after 7 am around here.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.


Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

User avatar
O Really
Admiral
Posts: 25073
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by O Really »

San Diego:
• Late November (Thanksgiving): Sunrise would occur around 7:27 a.m. (instead of 6:27 a.m.).
• Christmas Day: Sunrise would occur at 7:49 a.m. (instead of 6:49 a.m.).
• Early January (Peak Winter): The latest sunrise of the year would reach 7:51 a.m. (instead of 6:51 a.m.).
• Valentine's Day: Sunrise would occur at 7:33 a.m. (instead of 6:33

Chicago
• Latest Sunrise: Approximately 8:18 AM in early January (compared to 7:18 AM under standard time).
• Timeframe of Late Sunrises: The sun would rise after 8:00 AM for roughly 133 days across the winter season (spanning from December into February).
• Morning vs. Evening Trade-off: While mornings would be dark much later into the commuter and school hours, winter sunsets would shift an hour later, moving from around 4:20 PM to past 5:19 PM

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 64241
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by Vrede too »

After 69 years I don't care. I do like seeing a butthurt Sleepy Don, though.
The Truth Will Set You Free, But First It Will Piss You Off
-- Gloria Steinem
1312. ETTD. 86 47.

User avatar
O Really
Admiral
Posts: 25073
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by O Really »

I don't care as much now as I did when I was going to the office every day and coming home in the dark, but I I'll still take dark mornings over dark afternoons.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Admiral
Posts: 27445
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

May not really be worth talking about.


Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.


Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:06 pm
Vrede too wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:16 am
GoCubsGo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:02 am
Golf tournaments are a tremendous driver of the economy.

We have a President who cares.

https://x.com/kaitlancollins/status/2106395547078697122
479-453-0533

Since I don't like Sen Tom Cotton I added to his voice mail jam. However, my message was that I don't approve of rude bully Dozy Don so leave Daylight Savings the way it is. :twisted:
No one enjoys flipping clock, but sunrise at 9 am in the winter is not appealing either.
:shock: Think about the poor bastard who owns a clock shop.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 64241
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:36 pm
GoCubsGo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:06 pm
Vrede too wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:16 am
Since I don't like Sen Tom Cotton I added to his voice mail jam. However, my message was that I don't approve of rude bully Dozy Don so leave Daylight Savings the way it is. :twisted:
No one enjoys flipping clock, but sunrise at 9 am in the winter is not appealing either.
:shock: Think about the poor bastard who owns a clock shop.
An ER has a lot of clocks, one in every treatment room plus one or more in common areas. :problem:
The Truth Will Set You Free, But First It Will Piss You Off
-- Gloria Steinem
1312. ETTD. 86 47.

User avatar
O Really
Admiral
Posts: 25073
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: It's the economy, stupid.

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:36 pm

:shock: Think about the poor bastard who owns a clock shop.
Yes, and for more reasons than just resetting all the clocks. He's a rapidly vanishing breed, right up there with the video stores and record shops.