The Music Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: The Music Thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

although cool, cows will come to anything. I learned the musical sook-coooow sook-coooow sook sook sook-cow holler from my grandfather, but Dad just used the truck horn
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

They're going to tear down Candlestick Park in San Francisco this year; it's where the Beatles did their last concert.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:They're going to tear down Candlestick Park in San Francisco this year; it's where the Beatles did their last concert.
Sad. Levi's Stadium is spectacular, but it's not "replacement" for Candlestick. Funny thing about last concerts, though. I saw the "last" Who concert in Toronto in 84ish, but then - surprise - they're back for "The Kids are Alright" in Orlando in 89, and still going (again) in 2007. I saw the Stones "last" tour in 1989, too, and apparently they didn't really die, either. Eagles? Yes, I definitely saw the "Hell Freezes Over" concert, long after their "last" one in 1980ish. Zeppelin? "Last" concert in 80ish, but Plant and Page in Orlando in 95ish would have fooled you into thinking it was Zep in person. And yes, the Beatles - all of them - ended their tour in Candlestick, but McCartney's tour in the 90's was mostly Beatles, with way better technology and a lot longer concert. My former wife saw the 1965 Shea Stadium concert, all 20ish minutes of it, having been dragged there at the age of 12 or so by her wise father who told her that concert would be history. (That was also the former wife who went to see The Monkees and got an opening act by Jimi Hendrix).

I love music, and have been fortunate to see some really good concerts. I wish there were more good ones around now.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:They're going to tear down Candlestick Park in San Francisco this year; it's where the Beatles did their last concert.
Sad. Levi's Stadium is spectacular, but it's not "replacement" for Candlestick. Funny thing about last concerts, though. I saw the "last" Who concert in Toronto in 84ish, but then - surprise - they're back for "The Kids are Alright" in Orlando in 89, and still going (again) in 2007. I saw the Stones "last" tour in 1989, too, and apparently they didn't really die, either. Eagles? Yes, I definitely saw the "Hell Freezes Over" concert, long after their "last" one in 1980ish. Zeppelin? "Last" concert in 80ish, but Plant and Page in Orlando in 95ish would have fooled you into thinking it was Zep in person. And yes, the Beatles - all of them - ended their tour in Candlestick, but McCartney's tour in the 90's was mostly Beatles, with way better technology and a lot longer concert. My former wife saw the 1965 Shea Stadium concert, all 20ish minutes of it, having been dragged there at the age of 12 or so by her wise father who told her that concert would be history. (That was also the former wife who went to see The Monkees and got an opening act by Jimi Hendrix).

I love music, and have been fortunate to see some really good concerts. I wish there were more good ones around now.
I saw NIN live a few weeks ago. I wasn't too excited about them. I like them, but I'm not a huge fan. But man, it turned out to be one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen. It was nuts. I would definitely go just to see them again.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I'm digging this sound.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Running with the Devil (Van Halen) - Vocals Only...

Best part is at 0:40

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Oh yeah Halloween is on a Friday this year!

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:Thank goodness I didn't have to listen past 0:40 for the "Best" part.

:lol:
What if the ring tone they wanted sting to sing was ring tone of a sting song?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:Or Justin Bieber.

If the business idea takes off and he then buys stuff would it be a Sting sing ring bring bling fling thing?

The best part of that Misfits one was at 1:43. :P
"rape your face"?
Those lyrics are pretty mild in comparison to their song "Last Caress", which is probably my second favorite misfits song. The Metallica cover of that song is pretty bad ass as well.

Fun fact: NJ Gov. Chris Christie tried to use the song "Last Caress" as his official campaign song (since Misfits are from NJ). He explained he chose the song because it best exemplifies the traditional relationship stretching back to colonial times between the state of NJ and it's citizens. He was denied his request by the Misfits, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-6fjZhtmnE

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:
JTA wrote:...NJ Gov. Chris Christie tried to use the song "Last Caress" as his official campaign song (since Misfits are from NJ). He explained he chose the song because it celebrates the traditional relationship stretching back to colonial times between the state of NJ and it's citizens...
:shock: :!:
I may have made that part up.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

This song makes me want to bust open a bud light and drink some beer on a hill somewhere.

O Really
Admiral

"bud light" and "beer" is an oxymoron when used in the same sentence, no matter what or where the music.

O Really
Admiral

Cool improvement on "All About That Bass" here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTTX6Wlf1Y

For the three people in the world who haven't seen it, here's the original version... https://www.google.com/search?q=all+abo ... 2&ie=UTF-8

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Looks like it's going to be a 90's throwback weekend everyone whether you like it or not.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Meatloaf singing America the beautiful:

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:"For Crying Out Loud", who let that "Bat Out of Hell"? With Mitten's defeat Meat Loaf is now "All Revved Up with No Place to Go".

It is one of my all time favorite albums, I still laugh just thinking about:

Words of "wisdom" from a close relative of mine:

"Don't let your meat loaf"

OK.

O Really
Admiral

Oooooh, Karla is sooooo effin' hot in that vid! :-|| :-|| We're not worthy, we're not worthy :-|| :-||

indago
Pilot Officer

Unread post by indago »

Dedicated to the faggots online...