Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
JTA
Commander

Re: Trump

Unread post by JTA »

Donald Trumps tweets insulting others:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016 ... .html?_r=1

The guy really does have the tact of a twelve year old boy playing Call of Duty.

The Samuel l Jackson tweet he proceeds to say how much better he is at golf than Jackson. Haha.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

neoplacebo wrote:I posted a couple of weeks ago that I predict Trump will either quit, be impeached, or assassinated. I'm gonna double down on that.
Democrats wouldn't assassinate him. Russia obviously wouldn't. And he's God's Gift To Al-Qaida and ISIL recruiting. The biggest threat is from disgruntled followers, the type who shoot up pizza shops based on his team's claims.

Quitting or being impeached are more likely. Sure, Republicans have control of Congress, but many won't stick their neck out for Trump. Especially after seeing how those who do - Christie, Cruz, Romney etc. - get humiliated and tossed aside. It's almost as if he WANTS them to replace him with Mike Pence. Someone they'd rather have regardless.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

rstrong wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:I posted a couple of weeks ago that I predict Trump will either quit, be impeached, or assassinated. I'm gonna double down on that.
Democrats wouldn't assassinate him. Russia obviously wouldn't. And he's God's Gift To Al-Qaida and ISIL recruiting. The biggest threat is from disgruntled followers, the type who shoot up pizza shops based on his team's claims.

Quitting or being impeached are more likely. Sure, Republicans have control of Congress, but many won't stick their neck out for Trump. Especially after seeing how those who do - Christie, Cruz, Romney etc. - get humiliated and tossed aside. It's almost as if he WANTS them to replace him with Mike Pence. Someone they'd rather have regardless.
Yeah, I figure the most likely scenario is that he will just quit once he finds out that he can't carry on in the manner he's used to (total control of his sordid empire, complete autocracy, no one to answer to) because it ain't gonna be that way for him now. I expect his arrogance and ignorance will be his downfall; just a matter of time.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

How screwed are we that we're hoping that both Trump and Pence go away so that Paul Ryan will be POTUS?
JTA wrote:Donald Trumps tweets insulting others:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016 ... .html?_r=1

The guy really does have the tact of a twelve year old boy playing Call of Duty.

The Samuel l Jackson tweet he proceeds to say how much better he is at golf than Jackson. Haha.
:lol: Those hands just keep getting smaller and smaller. But, that's not a very nice thing to say about twelve year old boys that play Call of Duty.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Elizabeth Warren just announced a bill to force Trump to sell off the Trump Organization and put the assets in a blind trust

Petition to Congress:
Bipartisan ethics groups and experts are sounding the alarm about Donald Trump's massive, unprecedented conflicts of interest between his business empire and his duties as incoming president. Please act without delay to pass Elizabeth Warren's bill requiring Trump and any president to sell off their conflicts of interest and put the assets in a true blind trust.
Yeah, I know that it won't pass, but that puts the GOP on record as being in favor of POTUS corruption.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Trump obsessed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A disloyal American above.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:"A disloyal American above."
:thumbup: :clap:

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Mr.B wrote:Trump obsessed.

Damn straight. Every morning I wake up, looking forward to a new day. Then, that wave of despair and disbelief washes over me. How did this happen? Don't answer that; I know. All the bigots, misogynists, xenophobes, and general assholes found a mouthpiece for their disgusting opinions.

The silver lining is that all the decent people who lapsed into apathy will get their asses in gear.
Also, it's the last desperate stand of white men afraid of losing their position at the top of the heap. We're coming for you.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

k9nanny wrote:
"Damn straight. Every morning I wake up, looking forward to a new day. Then, that wave of despair and disbelief washes over me."
Just don't take a sleeping pill AND a laxative before you go to bed the night before. You'll be washing off more than despair and disbelief... :lol:

"How did this happen? Don't answer that; I know. All the bigots, misogynists, xenophobes, and general assholes found a mouthpiece for their disgusting opinions."
While the mouthpiece for all the other disgusting types of "general assholes" whimpered off in defeat leaving her champions screaming, cursing, rioting, looting, (and still) whining in despair? Got it. What makes your type's "disgusting opinions" any better than the "disgusting opinions" of the winning party's mouthpiece?

(Oh wait...I wasn't supposed to answer that!)

"The silver lining is that all the decent people who lapsed into apathy will get their asses in gear."
I've not heard if Canada has opened their borders yet; you going?

"Also, it's the last desperate stand of white men afraid of losing their position at the top of the heap. We're coming for you."
Is that a racist remark? We're ready.
Look, this banter has been fun, but Trump nor Hillary were, nor still are, ideal choices for POTUS; both are spoiled, wealthy, imbeciles. Given the choice of the two, I voted for who I felt was the least of the two evils. I may be sorry later on, but at least we MAY see some real change as was promised in the 2008 election. Personally, I am burned out on politics, but I couldn't see my vote going to someone who champions the murder of an unborn child; among a few other choice items.

As said before; welcome back; even if you don't love me anymore. :D

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:clap: Sistah :!:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

SNL Weekend Update re Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State nominee, getting Russia’s Order of Friendship award: "It's one of the highest highest that Russia gives foreigners. In fact, the only higher one is President of the United States. :lol:
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

"One of the biggest Electoral College victories in history."

- Trump transition team, on a victory margin that actually ranks 46th among the 58 presidential elections in Electoral terms, and 56th based on the popular vote

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

That you are more interested in finding pictures of dicks and scrotums on the internet, than being concerned with the future of America (the real one, not the Hee-Haw version playing in your head) serves to illustrate just how fucking stupid and shallow you really are.

Not that we needed any additional illustrations.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boatrocker wrote:
Mr.B wrote:"Trump obsessed."
"That you are more interested in finding pictures of dicks and scrotums on the internet, than being concerned with the future of America (the real one, not the Hee-Haw version playing in your head) serves to illustrate just how fucking stupid and shallow you really are."

"Not that we needed any additional illustrations."
So what are you doing to better the future of America? (other than obsess with my forum postings) Oh wait...you've got rstrong up in Canada...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Apparently, it upsets Mr.B to have it pointed out that his guy Trump's strongest Cabinet pick has been Putin . . . or vice versa.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Interesting that the electors are going to coronate Trump today. On this date in 1941, 75 years ago today, Hitler took over command of the German military. "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."