Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:31 pm
Yeah, I suppose Miss Congeniality or its equivalent will have to do. At least we've not gotten to the medieval abortion law stage yet; they did advance a charter school scheme that taxpayers will pay for last month so I guess we're on our way. We do have, as part of the former Confederacy, a pristine legacy of bigotry, though. I can remember my parents talking about how Kennedy was "a Catholic" but I was only about six years old; didn't really know what a fucking Catholic was but could tell they thought it wasn't good. I also remember a sign at the barber shop my dad took me to that said "white patrons only" and I remember asking him what a patron was. On second thought, maybe Miss Congeniality is too generous; maybe even honorable mention or also ran are too much. Actually, fuck this place.
Your TN Volunteer effort is noticed and appreciated.

" :lol: That could be another slogan for these times":

It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.
Fuck Godwin.
Actually, fuck this place.
Last edited by Vrede too on Wed May 15, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

:thumbup:

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

No, he didn't purchase them legally.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Police: 7 shot, 3 with life-threatening wounds, at off-campus party near Indiana university

Yet more notches for the NRA's easy access to guns and persuasion that they are the solution to life's problems.
    1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

(Hillsborough) North Carolina elementary school teacher threatened to 'shoot up' school, police say

A North Carolina elementary school teacher has been arrested after she allegedly threatened to shoot up the school where she taught.

Kristen Thompson abruptly resigned last Friday from Pathways Elementary School in Hillsborough, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. But it was only after her resignation that fellow teachers said she had previously "made threats to shoot up the school." ...
    Why did they wait?
    Thompson's arrest also comes at a time when lawmakers in the state are pushing to arm teachers as a solution to school shootings.

A bill was introduced in March in the North Carolina state legislature that would make teachers who carried a gun eligible for a raise, according to Charlotte ABC station WTVD....
    Yeah, that will go well. How will the cops tell the good armed teachers from the bad armed teachers in a gunfight?

Ice-T Says He 'Almost Shot' an Amazon Delivery Driver for 'Creeping Up' to His Home

I’m fine with uniforms, though they prove nothing, but the delivery man was NOT “creeping”. Ice-T is just making excuses for his paranoid, ammosexual, near deadly stupidity.
    1312. ETTD.

O Really
    Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
    Wed May 22, 2019 4:17 pm

I’m fine with uniforms, though they prove nothing, but the delivery man was NOT “creeping”. Ice-T is just making excuses for his paranoid, ammosexual, near deadly stupidity.
    I absolutely think they ought to wear some distinctive clothing, but I've got other problems with Ice-T "almost" shooting the guy. Given that Ice-T is a popular actor now, it would have been more likely the "creeper" was some fan rather than a bad guy. But even if he was of mal intent, you can't just shoot somebody for wandering into your yard. Probably the paranoia is the main answer.

1 CAT FAN
    Ensign

Don't speed in Johnston County, North Carolina.

neoplacebo
      Admiral of the Fleet

I keep twelve handguns, seven long guns, a crossbow, two small cannon, and an old Vietnam era M16 with the grenade launcher attachment in my car. I never get any tickets and haven't been pulled over since 09 and that was a case of mistaken identity. They always let me go because of all the paperwork I would generate for them. Most of these cops would rather be in a shootout than do a bunch of paperwork. Just sayin'

Vrede too
      Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
      Sat May 18, 2019 2:30 pm
      ... Yet more notches for the NRA's easy access to guns and persuasion that they are the solution to life's problems.
      12 dead, including suspect, in Virginia Beach shooting: Police

... Six additional victims were taken to the hospital with injuries ...
      :(
      1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
      Ensign

neoplacebo wrote:
      Fri May 31, 2019 12:39 pm
      I keep twelve handguns, seven long guns, a crossbow, two small cannon, and an old Vietnam era M16 with the grenade launcher attachment in my car.
      Neo, were you involved?

Vrede too
      Superstar Cultmaster

Now 13 dead, including gunman, and 4 injured.
      1312. ETTD.

O Really
      Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
      Fri May 31, 2019 11:14 pm
      Now 13 dead, including gunman, and 4 injured.
      Have there been "thoughts and prayers" yet?

Vrede too
      Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
      Fri May 31, 2019 11:24 pm
      Have there been "thoughts and prayers" yet?
      Saw some sarcastic ones online from anti-religion and anti-ammosexual posters.

Yup.
      Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam: "deepest condolences and prayers"
      U.S. Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia: "praying"
      Entertainer Pharrell Williams (who put on the popular Something In The Water [SITW] festival just a few weeks ago in the resort city): "praying"
      U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia: "prayers"
      U.S. Rep. Bobby Scott: "thoughts"
      Kirk Cox, Virginia House of Delegates Speaker: "deep and sincere prayer"
      Pusha T, who performed at SITW: ""Sending my prayers and love to the city of Virginia Beach, condolences to all of the families who lost loved ones...I’m so sorry."

More at the link, I didn't know it was so many. To be fair, several also called for unspecified preventative action and/or praised the LEOs and medics.

Former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was shot in 2011:
      We’re only 151 days into 2019 and there have already been 150 mass shootings. This reality is horrifying. It’s heartbreaking. And the fact that our nation’s leaders continue to fail to protect us should fuel outrage in every American. #VirginiaBeach

The stories of survivors from Virginia Beach touch on a familiar refrain: a workday shattered by gunfire. Coworkers huddled on the floor trying to stay quiet as the shooting gets closer. The disbelief that it’s finally happening to them. Our hearts are in Virginia tonight.

If gun violence feels like an everyday occurrence, that’s because it is. Every single day, nearly 100 lives are lost because of guns. This is not normal. No other developed nation in the world experiences this kind of daily heartbreak and horror. #VirginiaBeach

We are a country of citizens crying out for a response to this epidemic of gun violence, but there are politicians who take the gun lobby’s money and vote against our safety. Our leaders must work and vote to protect us. And if they don’t we must elect new leaders. #VirginiaBeach

It’s been nearly 100 days since the House passed the Bipartisan Background Checks Act. How many more lives will be lost before Senator McConnell and President Trump take the next steps to sign that lifesaving legislation into law? http://giffords.me/85044
      One thing I did not see from the start is the usual 'no ID = Black' racist crowd of paranoid crybaby Whites. I checked The Virginian-Pilot several times and though the perp is called a "longtime city ... current employee of the public utilities department," he is not yet named or otherwise described. Made me suspect that he's White and that was put out on social or other alternative media early on. We'll see. I don't care, just remarking on the suspicious absence of whiny White racists.
      1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
      Ensign

neoplacebo wrote:
      I keep twelve handguns, seven long guns, a crossbow, two small cannon, and an old Vietnam era M16 with the grenade launcher attachment in my car.
      Friend of yours, Neo?

Vrede too
        Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
        Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:17 am
        ... Made me suspect that he's White and that was put out on social or other alternative media early on. We'll see. I don't care, just remarking on the suspicious absence of whiny White racists.
        Never mind. I'm sure there's plenty of whiny White racism now.

He also "served in the military ... graduated from Old Dominion University with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering ... appears to have had no felony record ... (and) was clean cut, a member of the neighborhood association board and spent time lots of time at the gym."
        https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-city- ... 36091.html
        1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
        Admiral of the Fleet

1 CAT FAN wrote:
        Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:40 am
        neoplacebo wrote:
        Friend of yours, Neo?
          Copycat wannabe. You notice he didn't reveal the two derringers he had concealed in his beard.

neoplacebo
          Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
          Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:57 am
          Vrede too wrote:
          Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:17 am
          ... Made me suspect that he's White and that was put out on social or other alternative media early on. We'll see. I don't care, just remarking on the suspicious absence of whiny White racists.
          Never mind. I'm sure there's plenty of whiny White racism now.

He also "served in the military ... graduated from Old Dominion University with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering ... appears to have had no felony record ... (and) was clean cut, a member of the neighborhood association board and spent time lots of time at the gym."
          https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-city- ... 36091.html
          Sounds a lot like the proverbial good guy with a gun, don't it? I bet he also attended church as any regular hypocrite would do.

Vrede too
          Superstar Cultmaster

He says that last one is a suppressor, but it's really a butt plug. You know how those ammosexuals are, nttawwt.
          neoplacebo wrote:
          Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:26 pm
          Sounds a lot like the proverbial good guy with a gun, don't it? I bet he also attended church as any regular hypocrite would do.
          Mandatory psych evals. Won't catch everyone, but it'll catch some.
          1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
          Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
          Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.