Superstar Cultmaster

Re: College basketball

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:31 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:52 am
But you wish you still had this guy

"Kessler currently leads the nation and SEC in blocked shots (4.6 bpg) and is Auburn’s single-season record holder in blocked shots (138). Kessler is also averaging 11.6 points and 8.2 rebounds per game this season with two triple-double performances. He is also a semifinalist for the Naismith Defensive Player of the Year Award."

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers ... sec-title/
Yeppers
Head coach Hubert Davis' 1st season has been rocky, but I'm pretty sure that billy.pilgrim is referring to UNC > Auburn transfer Walker Kessler.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:55 pm

Head coach Hubert Davis' 1st season has been rocky, but I'm pretty sure that billy.pilgrim is referring to UNC > Auburn transfer Walker Kessler.
Yeah I know. But I don't miss Kessler as much as a Smith/Williams coach. Maybe Davis will grow into the job. He was an assistant for several years, and I'd agree he deserves a chance. We can hope.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:07 pm
Yeah I know....
:oops: Bad hall monitor Vrede too, bad.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:20 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:07 pm
Yeah I know....
:oops: Bad hall monitor Vrede too, bad.
:lol:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:54 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:05 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:50 pm
By all accounts they loved it. All kinds of tailgate games and singalongs. Seriously, I don't see the problem....
Devil's advocate: I'm sure it's a blast for the participants and maybe that's sufficient justification. It is college, after all. However, the inefficiency and difficulty does disadvantage students that are working, parents, studies-stressed or disabled, and other nontraditional students. -0-?

Full disclosure: I detest lines and have never done an overnighter for anything in my life. So, I'm biased.
Auburn listened

https://oanow.com/sports/college/auburn ... 6044f.html

"Auburn is creating reserve seating for mobility-impaired students in the student section in Auburn Arena, the school announced in an email to students Friday, answering concerns from a student with disabilities who felt squeezed out during the recent surge in interest in men’s basketball and the spike in difficulty in getting into the student section for games."

"While Auburn Arena is ADA compliant, Griffith (a student) argued that having a wheelchair-accessible seating row isn’t enough to accommodate students with mobility impairments.

“Things need to change,” he wrote.

Less than a week later, Auburn has made changes.

In an email sent to students Friday offering entry information to students for Friday’s gymnastics meet and Saturday’s men’s basketball game against Oklahoma, Auburn listed new instructions for students with mobility impairments on how to reserve seating.

“A limited number of reserved accessible seats in Auburn Arena’s student section are available for students with mobility impairments,” the email reads. “All special accommodations for accessible seating for Auburn University students should be made in advance by contacting the Office of Accessibility at 334-844-2096 or accessibility@auburn.edu."
Does Duke accommodate Disabled students after these overnight lines?

Auburn didn't, but it only took 1 game before they worked it out.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:01 pm

Does Duke accommodate Disabled students after these overnight lines?

Auburn didn't, but it only took 1 game before they worked it out.
I dunno, but the Crazies have been doing it since 1986, so they've had plenty of time. I don't know if you read the article about them I posted, but the rules for Krzyzewskiville seem to be fairly detailed. The spaces are maintained in teams, so nobody is there constantly. And they're monitored to assure that everybody there really is a student (I guess as opposed to a homeless guy who would look about the same and have some of the same gear).

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:28 am
So today is Coack K's last home game at Cameron, and the guessers have Dook a 12.5 point favourite over UNC. Duke holds a slight lead against Carolina overall during K's career, a little more at home, and is behind at the Dean Dome. Tickets to the game today were literally in the $thousands. Toss in several "ifs" and UNC might pull it off. If they can contain Duke to keep it close; If they show up with their best and not their usual game; If Duke has a slightly off day; If Dean Smith were still coach ... It would be nice to be wrong, but I think there's going to be a butt-kicking blowout on Tobacco Road.
3/4 done, staying tight :clap: . "Tickets from $10896" :shock:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:04 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:23 pm
Would you bet on Auburn to go further than Gonzaga in MM? I haven't watched either play.

Another OT vs an unranked team, congrats on surviving.
i(still)dk what we will do. Too many "off" minutes. We've been way up at some point in all the close games and then nothing. We were up 19 (I think) in the miss state game that ended in a tie, but we beat them by 13 in OT. Same in the Tennessee game. We were up 13 or so before the half, but lost by 5.

I've watched both and in my extremely biased opinion we are better, but I also think we could lose in the 1st round.

I'm as conflicted as my team.

We play another unranked team at noon central time today. Tigers vs the Chickens
Congrats. Unlike last week #4 Duke is the only top 10 team to lose this week. Could mean that #5 Auburn moves up, unless going to OT on Wed hurts them. #6 KS beat #21 TX.

UNC's Davis must be thrilled - STFU, doubters.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ouch. Those were pretty lame final home words, K.

A bench? Why not a 50 foot statue? ;)

Krzyzewski Family Scholarship - The surprise tiebreaker will be pronouncing and spelling his last name without a crib. :wave:

Edit: I guess those weren't his final home words. Opps.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Holy shit!

O Really
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:28 am
So today is Coack K's last home game at Cameron, and the guessers have Dook a 12.5 point favourite over UNC. Duke holds a slight lead against Carolina overall during K's career, a little more at home, and is behind at the Dean Dome. Tickets to the game today were literally in the $thousands. Toss in several "ifs" and UNC might pull it off. If they can contain Duke to keep it close; If they show up with their best and not their usual game; If Duke has a slightly off day; If Dean Smith were still coach ... It would be nice to be wrong, but I think there's going to be a butt-kicking blowout on Tobacco Road.
Five out of six isn't bad, particularly when one of the Ifs involved raising a dead guy.

Live cam from Chapel Hill was fun to watch, too.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

#10 WI lost to unranked NE 73-74. :thumbdown:

Congrats to Sister Jean and GoCubsGo:

March Madness betting: Loyola-Chicago is back in the bracket and can do some damage
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:32 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:04 pm
... We play another unranked team at noon central time today. Tigers vs the Chickens
Congrats. Unlike last week #4 Duke is the only top 10 team to lose this week. Could mean that #5 Auburn moves up, unless going to OT on Wed hurts them. #6 KS beat #21 TX.

UNC's Davis must be thrilled - STFU, doubters.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

1 Gonzaga (52 first place votes) 24-3 :thumbup:
2 Arizona (6) 28-3 :thumbup:
3 Baylor (3) 26-5 :puke-left:
4 Auburn 27-4 up 1. Congrats
5 Kentucky 25-6 up 2 :thumbdown:
6 Kansas 25-6 :puke-left:
7 Duke 26-5 down 3
8 Villanova 23-7 up 3 after beating #11 Providence
9 (tie) Tennessee 23-7 up 4 after beating Georgia 22-7 and #14 Arkansas the week after beating #4 Auburn
9 (tie) Purdue 25-6 down 1 after losing to #12 Wisconsin
11 Providence 24-4 down 2
12 Wisconsin 24-6 down 2 after losing to unranked Nebraska
13 UCLA 23-6 up 4 after beating #16 USC :thumbup:

25 North Carolina 23-8 up 1. Ranked again, congrats

(29) San Diego State

(31) Loyola Chicago

(34) San Francisco, rare votes

(36) Alabama, 7 pity votes
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
With Kentucky and Tennessee now both in the top ten I think #4 Auburn is a lock for a #1 MM seed if it wins the SEC tourney. Idk, but the top #1 seed may even be attainable. Good luck.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:40 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
With Kentucky and Tennessee now both in the top ten I think #4 Auburn is a lock for a #1 MM seed if it wins the SEC tourney. Idk, but the top #1 seed may even be attainable. Good luck.
Thanks. They have a better chance to prove themselves than anyone except for Kentucky and Tennessee. It should be wild.
WDMFE
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:40 am
Thanks. They have a better chance to prove themselves than anyone except for Kentucky and Tennessee. It should be wild.
WDMFE
Idk, 3 Baylor :puke-left: and 6 Kansas :puke-left: should make the Big 12 champ a contender, too. Maybe both will lose. :clap:

Following the Big12 and the SEC, 2 Arizona :thumbup: and 13 UCLA :thumbup: can create a standout for the Pac12.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:36 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:40 am
WDMFE
Idk, 3 Baylor :puke-left: and 6 Kansas :puke-left: should make the Big 12 champ a contender, too. Maybe both will lose. :clap:

Following the Big12 and the SEC, 2 Arizona :thumbup: and 13 UCLA :thumbup: can create a standout for the Pac12.
True - those will be great games, but there are still 3 top ten playing against each other in the sec, only two in the Big 12 and then no top 10 games as #2 plays #13 in the PAC 12.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:12 pm
True - those will be great games, but there are still 3 top ten playing against each other in the sec, only two in the Big 12 and then no top 10 games as #2 plays #13 in the PAC 12.
Yeah, that's why I placed the Pac12 tourney below the Big12 and the SEC.

The 3 top ten teams playing make for a great SEC tourney, but barring upsets (1) Auburn will only face one of them, (2) TN or (3) KY, if it beats (4) Ark (AP 15). So, we may see the final AP stay the same - 2 Arizona, 3 Baylor, 4 Auburn, barring upsets. Idk what will happen with 1 Gonzaga after it beat (33) San Francisco and 17 Saint Mary's in the West Coast tourney, but it may stay on top. Or, there could be a shuffle based on win quality.

Even with upsets it's hard to imagine 7 Duke sliding into the top 4. The next best ACC team is 25 UNC. It may even lose ground since the Big East tourney is higher quality - 8 Villanova, 11 Providence, 20 UConn, (34) Seton Hall.
1312. ETTD.