Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Vrede too »

Trump Blames Everyone But Himself For Coronavirus | The Daily Show
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:04 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:52 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:47 pm
I would typically be very cautiously hopeful for the 2 drug cocktail. However, based on nothing medical and just on 45SHOLE's track record I would bet good money on it being a failure vs CV-19.
Trump probably also believes in the tooth fairy.
:wave:

Covid Report: A Trump-Touted Malaria Drug Flops In Coronavirus Treatment

Pence again touts chloroquine as coronavirus treatment after it's linked to deaths

I would not look to these clowns for advice on government or business, let alone medicine and science.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:10 am
Wow, what a shocking development. Virus "cures" are far and few between (if at all). This is not a bacterial infection that can be treated with antibiotics and such. Someone needs to beat this into the head of Cheetohead. They probably already have but he's incapable of getting it.

On the upside, there's a lot of fish breathing a sigh of relief.
Small Chloroquine Study Halted Over Risk of Fatal Heart Complications

Opps.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:20 pm
He'd probably have a better argument if he were saying he had authority to close down stuff in a state. But given the authority governors have in their states to take action for (e.g.) public health issues, it's a real stretch for the impeached pretend president* to say he can make stuff open up. In the former case, he could argue he's acting on behalf of the state, but in the current, he's clearly trying to over-ride what is without question the right of the governor. Will this idiocy never end?
Get the popcorn.......

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:24 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:20 pm
He'd probably have a better argument if he were saying he had authority to close down stuff in a state. But given the authority governors have in their states to take action for (e.g.) public health issues, it's a real stretch for the impeached pretend president* to say he can make stuff open up. In the former case, he could argue he's acting on behalf of the state, but in the current, he's clearly trying to over-ride what is without question the right of the governor. Will this idiocy never end?
Get the popcorn.......

Oh boy!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Trump want's credit - so if he says "it's totally my decision" now, then later after the states have done their thing, he can say, "OK I declare everything open" and of course his "base" of village idiots will believe him.

O Really
Admiral

Aaaaand we've got a new leader in the "most stupid governor" tournament. Turns out the governor of South Dakota may be the one primarily responsible for the promised/threatened pork shortage.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/so ... &ocid=iehp

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:13 am
Aaaaand we've got a new leader in the "most stupid governor" tournament. Turns out the governor of South Dakota may be the one primarily responsible for the promised/threatened pork shortage.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/so ... &ocid=iehp
Mother of twelve bastards! That SD Governor looks like she's Stephanie Grisham's sister and designated driver.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:00 am
Trump want's credit - so if he says "it's totally my decision" now, then later after the states have done their thing, he can say, "OK I declare everything open" and of course his "base" of village idiots will believe him.
Rubio: ‘Constitution and Common Sense Dictates’ that Governors, Not Trump, Will Decide When to Reopen Businesses

Both the "Constitution and Common Sense" are foreign concepts to PINO and his Trumpettes.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

You've gotta be deep into the fold if you could watch that "Coronavirus" briefing yesterday and still be like "Trump is my man!". Jesus Christ that shit was absurd.

Imagine if our military leaders led like Donald Trump leads.

"Oh shit the enemy is advancing. Who can I blame instead of just fucking hammering down and solving this situation?"
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:02 pm
You've gotta be deep into the fold if you could watch that "Coronavirus" briefing yesterday and still be like "Trump is my man!". Jesus Christ that shit was absurd.

"Oh shit the enemy is advancing. Who can I blame instead of just fucking hammering down and solving this situation?"
I venture to say that if General Patton or even MacArthur were around today, either of them would slap trump's face and resign. trump would blame the people who let them in.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:42 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:02 pm

I venture to say that if General Patton or even MacArthur were around today, either of them would slap trump's face and resign. trump would blame the people who let them in.
Mattis got the boot/resigned and all of a sudden the hate machine turned on him, whereas before they were infatuated because of the "Mad Dog" nickname.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I happened to see about twenty minutes of trump's daily rally yesterday; it was on Fox but not on ABC or CBS. This little rally was in the Rose Garden and trump was the only one up on the platform. Twice during the part I saw trump trotted out one of his favorite and biggest lies; that because of the tariffs, China has paid "billions and billions of dollars" to the US. I just can't believe nobody challenges him on this because it's totally bullshit. He also whined a couple of times about the questions he was being asked after his rally speech. The whole thing was stupid and crazy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:50 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:39 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:02 am
Has anybody heard or read any stories about this virus in Russia? I haven't. I just think that's kind of weird. It makes me wonder if black bread and vodka hold the cure.
Russia doesn't have (or isn't reporting) very many yet, but they are following the usual precautions...
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/03/ ... -16-a69117
Maybe they've all become as tough as Rasputin.....hard to kill.
Russia is now admitting to 2500 new cases daily, but we don't know if they're telling the truth or how good their monitoring/testing is.
Putin's Bleak COVID-19 Admission: 'We Don't Have Much to Brag About'

Not that I’m any fan of Putin, but his honesty and realism are refreshing in comparison to our PINO.

O Really's link is to Coronavirus in Russia: The Latest News, so it currently gives stats and discussion for April 15.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Interesting article on evolving therapies, even before we get to drug cures and/or vaccine prevention:

What Doctors on the Front Lines Wish They'd Known a Month Ago

The longer we can delay what may be inevitable infection, the more likely we are to survive.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:03 am
I happened to see about twenty minutes of trump's daily rally yesterday; it was on Fox but not on ABC or CBS. This little rally was in the Rose Garden and trump was the only one up on the platform. Twice during the part I saw trump trotted out one of his favorite and biggest lies; that because of the tariffs, China has paid "billions and billions of dollars" to the US. I just can't believe nobody challenges him on this because it's totally bullshit. He also whined a couple of times about the questions he was being asked after his rally speech. The whole thing was stupid and crazy.
He just repeated that nonsense today too and talked about how he was going to hand that money out to farmers.

People believe this shit.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:26 pm
He just repeated that nonsense today too and talked about how he was going to hand that money out to farmers.

People believe this shit.
RCP Average 4/2 - 4/14, Biden (D) 47.3, Trump (R) 41.8, Spread Biden +5.5
Should be wider.

I Was Exposed To Coronavirus In Singapore. Here's What Their Rapid Response Looks Like.

Pretty draconian.
Should be done here?
Could be done here? Probably not.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

More about Smithfield Foods:
Coronavirus at Smithfield pork plant: The untold story of America's biggest outbreak

... By 15 April, when Smithfield finally closed under pressure from the South Dakota governor's office, the plant had become the number one hotspot in the US, with a cluster of 644 confirmed cases among Smithfield employees (out of 3,700) and people who contracted it from them. In total, Smithfield-related infections account for 55% of the caseload in the state, which is far outpacing its far more populous Midwestern neighbour states in cases per capita. According to the New York Times, the Smithfield Foods case numbers have surpassed the USS Theodore Roosevelt naval ship and the Cook County Jail in Chicago, Illinois....
South Dakota Gov. Noem, who opposed stay-home order, now faces coronavirus hot spot

... "South Dakota has become one of the fastest growing hot spots in U.S., even as other parts of nation see their epidemics start to level off or slow. South Dakota has a doubling time now of about 4 days….

Over 100 nonemployees in the area have gotten sick after having come into contact with the plant workers, the Argus Leader newspaper reported, citing data from the state Health Department.

The cluster is now the largest in the country, putting a bigger spotlight on Noem, who's advocated for residents to practice social distancing and avoid large gatherings but hasn't issued a statewide shelter-in-place order.

Sioux Falls Mayor Paul TenHaken, a Republican, asked the governor to issue at least a countywide shelter-in-place order for the area in and around Sioux Falls, but Noem has refused.

"I don't believe it's appropriate considering the data, the facts and the science that we have," Noem said Tuesday.

TenHaken is now pushing the Sioux Falls City Council to sign off on an ordinance to require people to shelter in place within the city limits, which is a longer process....
Hyperbole, somewhat: South Dakota Gov. Noem (R) and the Smithfield bosses are serial killers.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Noem is an idiot who, with any luck, will be able to enjoy a first-hand experience from her negligence. However, I think the Smithfield management is far more to blame in this instance. I'm thinking the meat plant would have been considered "essential" in any case, and would not have shut down under a SIYFH order. But safety precautions were apparently non-existent or lax to the point of non-existence. And workers were ummmm, "encouraged" to come to work even if/when sick. And the work force itself is something like 85% immigrant from a wide variety of places, with language as well as cultural issues - the biggest unifying factor being low economic and educational level. And yet, the plant tootled on, pretty much as it had been.

I started to comment that Sioux Falls is a very pleasant town that doesn't deserve this much madness. Then I realized the plant has been there for years; the city probably gave tax incentives to get them there. They've lived with Smithfield all along and undoubtedly knew they were snakes.
Still too bad.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:41 am
Noem is an idiot who, with any luck, will be able to enjoy a first-hand experience from her negligence. However, I think the Smithfield management is far more to blame in this instance. I'm thinking the meat plant would have been considered "essential" in any case, and would not have shut down under a SIYFH order....
Agreed. Noem is an idiot for her ongoing intransigence after the Smithfield outbreak, and is only partially responsible for it. A SIYFH order can still impose stringent requirements on "essential" businesses.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

I should be upset, tRump and his trumpaloons are actually going to wind up killing people, but I wind up thinking thins the herd.

Twitter showing a little common sense.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/twitter-ba ... 202911184/