Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:21 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:19 pm
( :crybaby: )
This means that California's 2 Dem Senators, John V. Tunney and Alan Cranston, voted to honor the supremacist and segregationist Russell in perpetuity. You probably voted for them. So, either tell us what this says about YOUR racism or admit that this entire tangent of yours is moronic. You can't have it both ways.

Or, cower from the point like you always do, pussy.
Ulysses wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:32 pm
Good boy.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:09 am
.Oomba. wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:37 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:36 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:44 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:54 am

Finally made it to the Memorial. I was impressed and informed at the Legacy Museum a few months back. The Memorial was more of a single emotional statement.

Go to both if you are ever near Montgomery with a few hours time.

https://museumandmemorial.eji.org/memorial
https://museumandmemorial.eji.org/news/ ... acy-museum

Update - new museum

"We are proud to announce the opening of the new Legacy Museum: From Enslavement to Mass Incarceration, which opened to the public for previews on September 1 and will officially open on October 1. The new Legacy Museum provides a comprehensive history of the legacy of slavery from the Transatlantic Slave Trade and its impact on the Northeast and coastal communities through the Domestic Slave Trade. The museum explores the Reconstruction era, lynchings, codified racial segregation, and contemporary issues including police violence and mass incarceration. We’re thrilled that the museum also includes a new art gallery with works by extraordinary world-class artists."
The convict leasing system that was prevalent throughout the south in the decades after about 1875 (or when Reconstruction, and federal troops, were withdrawn from the south). For decades black men were arrested on charges such as "likely to steal" or "loitering" or just for the hell of it. Those guys were put in prison and the state profited from their labor; in one case, it represented nearly ten percent of Alabama's budget. It was basically "legal" slavery. The whole time I was eating those white sugar little donuts and trying not to notice. I'm culpable.
You're not alone. Everyone involved, if not aware, deserves a share of the blame.

EDIT: And I was just goofing on you in some previous discussion.
Yeah, it boggles the mind that a lot of right wing idiots claim that America isn't a fundamentally racist society. One does not have to look too deep to see this in blatant display. Consider that all the jobs programs invented during the depression era, like WPA, CCC. and the others were not available to blacks. Same thing for the GI Bill and SBA loan programs; none of it was offered to black veterans.

And you were making me suspicious with some of those earlier comments. Peace, brother.
Everyone from Oomba to neo chipped in about my trip to the Legacy Museums.
According to useless (word for word), this can only mean that those who didn't are filthy racists.
Pretty stupid reasoning as we all know that whack and cubs and o really are not.

That leaves the sanctimonious shit who made up the rule that exposes his racism, as our #1 racist at the nursing home.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:50 pm
According to useless (word for word), this can only mean that those who didn't are filthy racists.
Pretty stupid reasoning as we all know that whack and cubs and o really are not....
Ahem. :wave:
viewtopic.php?p=84629#p84629
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:00 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:50 pm
Pretty stupid reasoning as we all know that whack and cubs and o really are not....
Ahem. :wave:
The system must have a quote limit or something. The thread I quoted started with you, as you were the 2st person who told me about it.

Notice that I only listed whack, cubs and oreally as evil racist non-respondents
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:31 pm
The system must have a quote limit or something. The thread I quoted started with you, as you were the 2st person who told me about it.

Notice that I only listed whack, cubs and oreally as evil racist non-respondents
Ah. It does have a serial quote limit. It used to tell you when it was exceeded, but I got in the habit of breaking up quotes so haven't been notified in a long time. Then, I misunderstood the meaning of not making your "whack and cubs and o really" list. We're cool.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:38 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:31 pm

Ah. It does have a serial quote limit. It used to tell you when it was exceeded, but I got in the habit of breaking up quotes so haven't been notified in a long time. Then, I misunderstood the meaning of not making your "whack and cubs and o really" list. We're cool.
Yeah, I appreciate your suggesting that I go. It's a pretty emotional experience.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:58 pm
Yeah, I appreciate your suggesting that I go. It's a pretty emotional experience.
De nada. If I'm ever in the region . . .

Too bad you can't force DeSantis and the FL Leg RepuQ caucus to go.
Florida could shield whites from 'discomfort' of racist past

A bill pushed by Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis that would prohibit public schools and private businesses from making white people feel “discomfort” when they teach students or train employees about discrimination in the nation's past received its first approval Tuesday.

The Senate Education Committee approved the bill that takes aim at critical race theory — though it doesn't mention it explicitly — on party lines, with Republicans in favor and Democrats opposed....
:violin: :violin: :violin:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:02 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:58 pm
De nada. If I'm ever in the region . . .

Too bad you can't force DeSantis and the FL Leg RepuQ caucus to go.
Florida could shield whites from 'discomfort' of racist past

A bill pushed by Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis that would prohibit public schools and private businesses from making white people feel “discomfort” when they teach students or train employees about discrimination in the nation's past received its first approval Tuesday.

The Senate Education Committee approved the bill that takes aim at critical race theory — though it doesn't mention it explicitly — on party lines, with Republicans in favor and Democrats opposed....
:violin: :violin: :violin:
Too bad people like sanctimonious useless won't go. He might learn something.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

BillyP seems to think his 100 mile drive to Alabama is no easier than what my 2,400 mile drive would be.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:05 pm
:laughing-rolling: You're such a dreamer. Useless learn something, that's a good one!
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:31 pm
BillyP seems to think his 100 mile drive to Alabama is no easier than what my 2,400 mile drive would be.
:lol: Point proved.

Since you mention it, I looked at the The National Memorial for Peace and Justice website and found:

Equal Justice Initiative
Lynching in America:
Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror

County Data Supplement

California had 2 documented lynchings.

Full disclosure:
NC had many more than that, though my Henderson County had none.
MT had one, not in my Missoula County.
MD had 28, 3 in my Montgomery County. :(

People smarter than racist Useless will probably learn that slavery and racism are national disgraces, not ones that can be cheapened by petty and moronic modern regional chauvinism.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

:lol: :lol: :clap: "...petty and moronic modern regional chauvinism."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:47 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
:laughing-rolling: You're such a dreamer. Useless learn something, that's a good one!
Ulysses wrote:

Since you mention it, I looked at the The National Memorial for Peace and Justice website and found:

Equal Justice Initiative
Lynching in America:

County Data Supplement

Full disclosure:

People smarter than racist Useless will probably learn that slavery and racism are national disgraces, not ones that can be cheapened by petty and moronic modern regional chauvinism.
Could be he's the one who protests too much. Maybe his ancestors were involved in lynchings. By his logic, his not going to the Legacy Museums is proof positive that he supports racism.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:47 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

Equal Justice Initiative
Lynching in America:

County Data Supplement

Full disclosure:

Now I see that he's complaining about what a personal sacrifice it would be to him to travel to the museum. Pure racism, or some sort of guilt at play.
Notice how he exaggerated his travel distance and cut mine by well over half.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:03 pm
Now I see that he's complaining about what a personal sacrifice it would be to him to travel to the museum. Pure racism, or some sort of guilt at play.
Notice how he exaggerated his travel distance and cut mine by well over half.
You are so full of shit.

I used Google to plot the driving distance between my location and Montgomery, AL. I don't know nor do I care about your exact location. But if you claim you're 200 miles away, fine. That's still 2200 miles less than the distance I'd have to go.

So now a trek to Montgomery to pay homage to an anti-racism exhibit is required for membership in the BRD fan club?

How knee jerky of you.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:11 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:03 pm
Now I see that he's complaining about what a personal sacrifice it would be to him to travel to the museum. Pure racism, or some sort of guilt at play....
You are so full of shit....

So now a trek to Montgomery to pay homage to an anti-racism exhibit is required for membership in the BRD fan club?

How knee jerky of you.
Whooosh. billy.pilgrim is using your "reasoning" against you. You fail comprehension, again.

How stupid of you, jerk.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

I will ignore the knee-jerkiest member's response. As usual.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Those fucking white people in CT are what piss me off. They're a bunch of vile and treacherous bastards who will stop at nothing in order to draw derisive attention to themselves. It's a fucking disgrace. They should all be sent to Samoa at best speed. Shit.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:28 pm
Whooosh. billy.pilgrim is using your "reasoning" against you. You fail comprehension, again.

How stupid of you, jerk.
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:32 pm
Cower, Useless, cower.
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:42 pm
Those fucking white people in CT are what piss me off. They're a bunch of vile and treacherous bastards who will stop at nothing in order to draw derisive attention to themselves. It's a fucking disgrace. They should all be sent to Samoa at best speed. Shit.
:lol:
1312. ETTD.