COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by Ulysses »

Whack9 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:05 pm
Big bird got vaccinated against covid. Outrage ensues

Also - back in the 70s big bird got vaccinated against measles. Not sure if there was the same outrage back then.

Too funny.

Thanks for sharing.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I've heard anti-vaxxers yammering at each other about how "more people have died from the vaccination than covid..." or "nobody knows what's in this stuff" or some similar crap. Last one was a Lowe's employee who was ranting on to somebody in the aisle. I had been digging through the fastener drawers and she turned to me and asked what I was looking for. I told her I was just looking for somebody who had the slightest clue what she was talking about but obviously it wasn't here.

Anyway, I thought again about what conditions would have to exist for their claims to be true. It would require the collusion and silence of all medical examiners who declare cause of death; of all keepers of vital statistics; of all doctors and medical staff, and essentially everyone who knows anybody who died from covid. And that would not just be in the US - it would have to include everybody in those positions worldwide. Then, it would require that somebody, Q ostensibly, somehow discovered and documented this massive and logistically impossible condition yet could not get any government official or law enforcement official to investigate, while getting traction only by the same media that reports Martian abductions and Kim Kardashian having an affair with Sasquatch.

There is no longer doubt, the country is doomed.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:24 am
I've heard anti-vaxxers yammering at each other about how "more people have died from the vaccination than covid..." or "nobody knows what's in this stuff" or some similar crap. Last one was a Lowe's employee who was ranting on to somebody in the aisle. I had been digging through the fastener drawers and she turned to me and asked what I was looking for. I told her I was just looking for somebody who had the slightest clue what she was talking about but obviously it wasn't here.

Anyway, I thought again about what conditions would have to exist for their claims to be true. It would require the collusion and silence of all medical examiners who declare cause of death; of all keepers of vital statistics; of all doctors and medical staff, and essentially everyone who knows anybody who died from covid. And that would not just be in the US - it would have to include everybody in those positions worldwide. Then, it would require that somebody, Q ostensibly, somehow discovered and documented this massive and logistically impossible condition yet could not get any government official or law enforcement official to investigate, while getting traction only by the same media that reports Martian abductions and Kim Kardashian having an affair with Sasquatch.

Well, that's what you get for shopping at Lowe's in the first place. You could have booked a flight to East Asheville to get your fasteners.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
I've heard anti-vaxxers yammering at each other about how "more people have died from the vaccination than covid..." or "nobody knows what's in this stuff" or some similar crap. Last one was a Lowe's employee who was ranting on to somebody in the aisle. I had been digging through the fastener drawers and she turned to me and asked what I was looking for. I told her I was just looking for somebody who had the slightest clue what she was talking about but obviously it wasn't here....
:lol: Did you really and what was the reaction?

Red America is now dying from COVID-19 at a clearly higher rate than blue America

Nttawwt. :twisted: ;)
... Residents of heavily Trump counties were more than three times likelier to die from COVID in October than those in heavily Biden countries — 25 per 100,000 versus 7.8 per 100,000 — Leonhardt reports. "Some conservative writers have tried to claim that the gap may stem from regional differences in weather or age, but those arguments fall apart under scrutiny." In fact, he argues, the "straightforward" explanation is that "the vaccines are remarkably effective at preventing severe COVID, and almost 40 percent of Republican adults remain unvaccinated, compared with about 10 percent of Democratic adults." ...
So, we accidentally created a vaccine against conservatism. Why didn't anyone think of this long ago?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:

This is why I'm convinced there's no aliens at Roswell.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:06 am
O Really wrote:
I've heard anti-vaxxers yammering at each other about how "more people have died from the vaccination than covid..." or "nobody knows what's in this stuff" or some similar crap. Last one was a Lowe's employee who was ranting on to somebody in the aisle. I had been digging through the fastener drawers and she turned to me and asked what I was looking for. I told her I was just looking for somebody who had the slightest clue what she was talking about but obviously it wasn't here....
:lol: Did you really and what was the reaction?
I did really, and I don't know her extended reaction because I just set back down what I had been looking at and left. I doubt she would have been willing to engage further, though. Probably (rightfully) thought I might be one to turn her in to the manager. The person she was originally ranting to appeared to be receptive - or at least tolerant. I was neither.

BTW, I would have posted the article about reddening covid in the "Good News" thread.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:34 am
I did really, and I don't know her extended reaction because I just set back down what I had been looking at and left.
:-||
I doubt she would have been willing to engage further, though. Probably (rightfully) thought I might be one to turn her in to the manager. The person she was originally ranting to appeared to be receptive - or at least tolerant. I was neither.

BTW, I would have posted the article about reddening covid in the "Good News" thread.
:lol: :happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So if you take the anti-vaxxers arguments and put them in any other comparable context, they become even more idiotic. F'rinstance- London, 1941: "The Blitz is no worse than construction blasting." "The Blitz was just made up by the London Times to turn us into sheep." "It's a personal choice as to whether to black out my house. If I want to leave lights on it's my right." "Churchill is over-reaching." "People who build bomb shelters are just sheep giving up their rights." "If I leave my lights on it doesn't hurt anybody else." "Even if I get bombed it will just be minor damage." "I don't need to build a bomb shelter, I'll just wear my magic underwear."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:32 am
So if you take the anti-vaxxers arguments and put them in any other comparable context, they become even more idiotic. F'rinstance- London, 1941: "The Blitz is no worse than construction blasting." "The Blitz was just made up by the London Times to turn us into sheep." "It's a personal choice as to whether to black out my house. If I want to leave lights on it's my right." "Churchill is over-reaching." "People who build bomb shelters are just sheep giving up their rights." "If I leave my lights on it doesn't hurt anybody else." "Even if I get bombed it will just be minor damage." "I don't need to build a bomb shelter, I'll just wear my magic underwear."
Even more current and real would be the wild conspiracy theories around 9/11 and resistance to reasonable airport security measures. Is it too late to label CV-19 a 'terrorist virus' and would that be helpful?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

And now, the Henderson County covidiots are let loose. It amazes me that when precautions are taken and work people want to get rid of the precautions.

My prediction, the mask mandate will be back shortly after the Christmas break and the virus surges (again).

HCPS mask mandate ends Nov. 15 for all students, staff & visitors
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:09 am

Even more current and real would be the wild conspiracy theories around 9/11 and resistance to reasonable airport security measures. Is it too late to label CV-19 a 'terrorist virus' and would that be helpful?
Well, Trump did make an effort to demonize the Chinese and imply if not state that it was bio-warfare. Apparently that was too wild for even the T-cult who selected the "hoax" lie to believe instead. Likewise, Trump tried at first to claim credit for producing a "wonderful best vaccine ever" but then it shifted quickly to a "Democratic over-reach and liberty infringement."

As to "reasonable airport security measures," I'm probably among those who would consider most of that to be "security drama" rather than actually increasing security. Nevertheless, I went along peaceably and didn't abuse either the TSA people or the flight attendants. Sometimes being a sheep is in ones best interest.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:29 pm
... As to "reasonable airport security measures," I'm probably among those who would consider most of that to be "security drama" rather than actually increasing security. Nevertheless, I went along peaceably and didn't abuse either the TSA people or the flight attendants. Sometimes being a sheep is in ones best interest.
Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest that everything that was done is "reasonable", just that the wingnuts even opposed those things that were given that 9/11 was a false flag, Jewish, CGI whatever "hoax".
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:51 am
And now, the Henderson County covidiots are let loose. It amazes me that when precautions are taken and work people want to get rid of the precautions.

My prediction, the mask mandate will be back shortly after the Christmas break and the virus surges (again).

:roll: :x
To: robertbridges@hcpsnc.org, dcase@hcpsnc.org, staceycaskey@hcpsnc.org, bcraven@hcpsnc.org, jayegolf@hcpsnc.org, alholt@hcpsnc.org, kathyrevis@hcpsnc.org

Subject: Masks

Re: HCPS mask mandate ends Nov. 15 for all students, staff & visitors
https://www.blueridgenow.com/story/news ... 338960001/

HCPS School Board - Robert Bridges, Dot Case, Stacey Caskey, Blair Craven, Jay Egolf, Amy Lynn Holt, Kathy Revis

I won't waste time rehashing the science that you blithely ignore. We rational people know that you are Q-inspired COVIDiots who will have to live with the fact that you have sickened kids and killed family members and staff. I hope that you partially atone for this with strict vaccine mandates, but I won't hold my breath waiting for you to be that smart and compassionate.

Shame.

(Vrede too) RN
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:51 am

Well, I can covidiot beat that. I read today that the TN state legislature has passed and sent a bill to the GQP governor that will ban hospitals from restricting visitors to hospital patients. So all of a sudden numbnut wingnuts with no medical expertise are dictating hospital protocols. It's like three stooges shit. The 3 stars in the TN state flag actually stand for Larry, Moe, and Curly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Stacey Caskey <staceycaskey@hcpsnc.org> wrote:

Did you watch the video of the vote for our elementary and middle school children? Why are you sending ME this? I LOST the vote 3-4, but there are three of us who have been killing ourselves to stave off the people you are describing. I have been abused and threatened by the anti-mask, anti-science, anti-anything group for over a year now. I will fight to the death for anyone's child but I have been under attack incessantly, so please don't just read the newspaper and think that I was one of the people who would have ever voted for this abomination.

Stacey Caskey
To: HCPS School Board - Robert Bridges, Dot Case, Stacey Caskey, Blair Craven, Jay Egolf, Amy Lynn Holt, Kathy Revis

Yikes, I am so sorry! I thought that I had read that the vote was unanimous, but the article does say 4-3. Unfortunately, the article does not clearly say who the 3 no votes were. It looks like it was you, Ms Caskey, Ms Revis and possibly Mr Craven. THANK YOU to the brave, abuse-suffering minority.

Again, my apologies for lumping the 3 in with the child and others harming majority. It's a sad day for Henderson County that this vote happened.

Sincerely,

(Vrede too) RN
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:50 pm
Well, I can covidiot beat that. I read today that the TN state legislature has passed and sent a bill to the GQP governor that will ban hospitals from restricting visitors to hospital patients. So all of a sudden numbnut wingnuts with no medical expertise are dictating hospital protocols. It's like three stooges shit. The 3 stars in the TN state flag actually stand for Larry, Moe, and Curly.
I read that somewhere was going to mandate that one designee be allowed to visit, but maybe that wasn't TN.

94% of Republicans believe or are unsure of at least 1 falsehood about COVID-19 or the vaccines

Nearly all Republicans believe or are unsure about at least one common falsehood about COVID-19 or the vaccines, according to a new poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

The survey found that 48% of Republicans believe or are unsure about between one and three common false statements and another 46% believe or are unsure about four or more falsehoods. These false claims include that the US government "is exaggerating the number of COVID-19 deaths," that "pregnant women should not get the COVID-19 vaccine," and "deaths due to the COVID-19 vaccine are being intentionally hidden by the government."

But the poll indicates that vaccine misinformation isn't just prevalent among conservative voters. A majority of Democrats - 62% - and 79% of independents believe or are unsure about at least one of eight common falsehoods.

The survey found that Republicans were significantly more likely than Democrats to believe or be unsure about whether pregnant women should be vaccinated (they should), whether Ivermectin is a safe and effective coronavirus treatment (it's not), and whether the vaccines cause infertility (they don't).

Overall, 78% of Americans said they either believe or unsure about at least one of the common falsehoods. The most commonly believed falsehood, which 38% of Americans believe is true, is that the government is exaggerating the COVID-19 death count by including deaths from other causes. Overall, 17% of Americans believe pregnant women shouldn't be vaccinated against the virus, while just 8% believe the COVID-19 vaccines can change an individual's DNA.

Additionally, 18% of Americans believe the government is intentionally hiding deaths due to the vaccines - another 17% said they'd heard this claim before and aren't sure whether it was true or not. While just 8% believe the coronavirus vaccines have been shown to cause infertility, an additional 23% said they aren't sure if this was true.

The tendency to believe misinformation or be uncertain about the virus and vaccines was significantly more common among rural and non-college educated people, according to the poll.
:angry-banghead:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

AmyLynn Holt <alholt@hcpsnc.org>

Tue, Nov 9 at 6:07 PM

Thank you for the kind remarks. Your emails are the ones that make us shake our heads at you "keyboard warriors" and pay no attention to what you say. Surely you learned how to write an intelligent letter and have dialogue. Goodness Gracious you should be ashamed of yourself.
Good Day to you!
--
Amy Lynn Holt
Henderson County Board of Public Education
To: AmyLynn Holt <alholt@hcpsnc.org>

Shall we do a comparison here?

I made one error which I immediately apologized for. No one was injured.

YOU are a science-ignorant Qidiot who endangers children and others, and all you can muster in reply is whiny infantile sarcasm. Goodness Gracious, YOU should be ashamed of yourself.

(Vrede too) RN
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:23 pm

Tue, Nov 9 at 6:07 PM

Thank you for the kind remarks. Your emails are the ones that make us shake our heads at you "keyboard warriors" and pay no attention to what you say. Surely you learned how to write an intelligent letter and have dialogue. Goodness Gracious you should be ashamed of yourself.
Good Day to you!
--
Amy Lynn Holt
Goodness gracious, that's about the nicest "fuck you - as if I care what you think" letter I've ever read.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:51 pm
Goodness gracious, that's about the nicest "fuck you - as if I care what you think" letter I've ever read.
:)

Tue, Nov 9 at 7:04 PM

And my point was made.
Thanks for the intelligent dialogue!
--
Amy Lynn Holt

No, thank YOU for again making my point about your whiny infantile sarcasm. Haven't you got some more children and others to harm? When all is said and done I will have a career of saving lives and easing suffering, while you will know that you were a coward that caved in to the moronic anti-maskers.

(Vrede too) RN
Dot Case <dcase@hcpsnc.org>

Tue, Nov 9 at 6:57 PM

I have voted since the beginning for safety of our students and employee’s And I certainly voted that way last night! I was the first one to cast the vote against taking away the mask! DOT CASE
Dear Ms Case,

Thank you for letting me know. I again apologize for misreading the HT-N article at first.

Most importantly, THANK YOU for your commitment to public health and your courage in the face of the moronic and dangerous anti-maskers.

Sincerely,

(Vrede too) RN
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Do you think she engages like this with all critics or did I expose her self-doubt and guilt?

Tue, Nov 9 at 9:15 PM

Thanks again for the wonderful comments. You don't disappoint.
I will pray for you tonight.
--
Amy Lynn Holt

Thanks again for your ongoing whiny infantile sarcasm, along with your laughable and blasphemous passive-aggressive exploitation of God. You Qidiots don't disappoint, you're that predictable.

Given your utter disdain for science and public health, I will reason for you tonight.

(Vrede too) RN
1312. ETTD.