The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:50 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:08 pm
Some deaths are more tragic than others.

Trooper, detained driver killed when responding officer crashes into them in traffic stop

:( :( :(
I will guess that the reason why "there has been no information released about why Beck was pulled over...." is because the state is not very proud of the fact that they've now lost one trooper, possibly two trooper cars, and a citizen all because of an inoperative tail light or something hanging from the mirror of Beck's car or some other asinine reason. It just makes for a bad equation.
I suspect that the reason for non-immediate disclosure is innocent, but a very cynical cause would be that they're waiting for the lawyers to tell them what charge is most likely to limit or negate lawsuit damages.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:02 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:50 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:08 pm
Some deaths are more tragic than others.

Trooper, detained driver killed when responding officer crashes into them in traffic stop

:( :( :(
I will guess that the reason why "there has been no information released about why Beck was pulled over...." is because the state is not very proud of the fact that they've now lost one trooper, possibly two trooper cars, and a citizen all because of an inoperative tail light or something hanging from the mirror of Beck's car or some other asinine reason. It just makes for a bad equation.
I suspect that the reason for non-immediate disclosure is innocent, but a very cynical cause would be that they're waiting for the lawyers to tell them what charge is most likely to limit or negate lawsuit damages.
And the wife get a hundred thousand dollars from gofundme on top of an all expense paid state funeral and pensions. There's a continuous scroll of gofundme for the trooper at the bottom of the article, but I see nothing for the citizen - usually being stalked for a broken tail light been black or very poor white.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Yeah, I hope it doesn't turn out to be some poor fucker just trying to go to the store in his half ass maybe not even get there car here in this land in which one must have a car to function. It's like a recipe for creating "criminals" and probably the initial impetus for the "deep state" theory. But I could be wrong.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:06 pm
And the wife get a hundred thousand dollars from gofundme on top of an all expense paid state funeral and pensions. There's a continuous scroll of gofundme for the trooper at the bottom of the article,
That is weird. It's like a panhandler that follows you for miles. 6 kids :( , $49,064 so far.
but I see nothing for the citizen - usually being stalked for a broken tail light been black or very poor white.
No article link, but I did google one. 3 kids :( , $8,457 so far.

Dusty Beck Funeral & help with his kids.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:06 pm
And the wife get a hundred thousand dollars from gofundme on top of an all expense paid state funeral and pensions. There's a continuous scroll of gofundme for the trooper at the bottom of the article, but I see nothing for the citizen - usually being stalked for a broken tail light been black or very poor white.
Local TV news is covering the GoFundMeFor Dusty Beck's family, now up to $13,165.

GoFundMe created for family of man killed in Rutherford County trooper collision

I wonder if the NCHP or Trooper James Horton have reached out to them.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Kudos to the LAPD for this dramatic rescue of the pilot of a small Cessna that crashed on the tracks at a railroad crossing. With just seconds to spare before the train smashed the plane to bits...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Speaking of plane wrecks:
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:08 am
(signature: obsessed :crybaby: gibberish)
Awww. :violin: , Useless.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's happened again:

Surveillance footage shows a woman left distraught after police officer shot her dog 6 times while responding to a 'barking complaint' (article)

"This eight-month-old puppy, Alpha, displayed no aggression and did not deserve to die like this."

Miami-Dade Officer Fatally Shoots Dog In Miami Gardens

:obscene-birdiered: 1312. Maybe it's because cops are pussies.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Murfreesboro - what a place.

Time mag puts it in the top 20 best places to live

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/29/tennes ... index.html

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2 ... 810321001/

Shine a light

https://mtsusidelines.com/2019/04/18/pe ... es-racism/

https://www.murfreesboropost.com/news/t ... 6b944.html

My dad grew up here, met mom at mtsu, his brother has a building on campus named for him.
Maybe it was seeing racism that turned him away from it.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:39 am
Murfreesboro - what a place....
Ugh.

Southern Nevada - what a place.
Black man sues police after he was jailed for 6 days when officers mistook him for an older white male with the same name

Shane Lee Brown, left, is pictured. On the right is an undated Clark County Detention Center photo of Shane Neal Brown.Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department via AP

A 23-year-old Black man was arrested and held for six days in two Las Vegas jails, in 2020, after police in Nevada misidentified him as an older, taller, white man with the same name, court documents show.

Shane Lee Brown, now 25, is suing Las Vegas Metropolitan and the City of Henderson police departments, accusing them of civil rights violations, false imprisonment, negligence, and other wrongful conduct.

He is seeking at least $50,000 in compensatory damages, according to a complaint.

Police had a bench warrant issued in November 2019 for Shane Neal Brown, then 49, who had been accused of being a felon in possession of a firearm. Neal Brown, who was described in the warrant as a Caucasian male with brown hair, blue eyes, and a bushy white beard, had previously been convicted of a felony in 1994 — before Lee Brown was even born.

In January 2020, Henderson police pulled over Lee Brown, who is Black and significantly shortly, and held him in the city's detention center.

He was transferred into custody two days later to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police, court documents show.

Lee Brown claims that he repeatedly explained to several Henderson and Las Vegas police officers that he was not the 49-year-old white "Shane Brown," his lawsuit said.

His attorney accuses officers of failing to perform "any due diligence" in the lawsuit, noting that an existing mug shot belonging to the white "Shane Brown" would have allowed them to "easily" determine that his client had been misidentified.

Lee Brown remained in jail until he appeared before a judge who ordered that he be released immediately, KLAS-TV in Las Vegas reported.

An arrest report for Neal Brown indicated that Las Vegas police learned a week later that he was in custody in San Bernardino County, California, per KLAS-TV....
:roll: :ateeth:

Not sure exactly where he was held, but I once spent a weekend in the Clark County Jail in Las Vegas. It sucked.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

'Incredibly selfish': Friends of slain N.J. nurse appalled by cop's actions after crash

A silver Honda Accord zoomed past exit 150 on the Garden State Parkway in New Jersey just before 3 a.m. The driver was an off-duty Newark police officer, Louis Santiago. His cousin Albert Guzman was in the passenger seat.

It was the night of Halloween 2021, and Santiago was drunk, according to Essex County prosecutors.

He was staring at a cellphone when his car allegedly drifted onto the shoulder and struck a man who happened to be walking along the darkened stretch of highway, prosecutors say.

Santiago, 25, initially thought he may have hit an animal, according to his lawyer, Patrick Toscano Jr. The victim, Damian Dymka, 29, was still in the costume that he had worn out that night: a black mask with gold antlers and brown fur covering his shoulders.

Dymka would be pronounced dead at the scene — but not until more than two hours later.

In those two hours, Santiago drove home with Dymka’s body in the back seat and then returned to the crash site having never called 911 or attempted to render aid to the man, prosecutors say.

“Put that body back where you hit it,” Annette Santiago allegedly told her son when he showed up at their home, according to prosecutors.

He’s now facing 12 felony charges, including reckless vehicular homicide and endangering an injured victim. Guzman and Santiago’s mother were also charged with allegedly tampering with evidence, and other offenses.

Dymka’s friends and family, meanwhile, are still reeling in shock and grief. Some are tormented by haunting questions.

What if the officer had immediately called 911? Could Damian have been saved?...
Initially, there was a coverup by the cops, as usual. None have been fired or charged.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:36 am
'Incredibly selfish': Friends of slain N.J. nurse appalled by cop's actions after crash

A silver Honda Accord zoomed past exit 150 on the Garden State Parkway in New Jersey just before 3 a.m. The driver was an off-duty Newark police officer, Louis Santiago. His cousin Albert Guzman was in the passenger seat.

It was the night of Halloween 2021, and Santiago was drunk, according to Essex County prosecutors.

He was staring at a cellphone when his car allegedly drifted onto the shoulder and struck a man who happened to be walking along the darkened stretch of highway, prosecutors say.

Santiago, 25, initially thought he may have hit an animal, according to his lawyer, Patrick Toscano Jr. The victim, Damian Dymka, 29, was still in the costume that he had worn out that night: a black mask with gold antlers and brown fur covering his shoulders.

Dymka would be pronounced dead at the scene — but not until more than two hours later.

In those two hours, Santiago drove home with Dymka’s body in the back seat and then returned to the crash site having never called 911 or attempted to render aid to the man, prosecutors say.

“Put that body back where you hit it,” Annette Santiago allegedly told her son when he showed up at their home, according to prosecutors.

He’s now facing 12 felony charges, including reckless vehicular homicide and endangering an injured victim. Guzman and Santiago’s mother were also charged with allegedly tampering with evidence, and other offenses.

Dymka’s friends and family, meanwhile, are still reeling in shock and grief. Some are tormented by haunting questions.

What if the officer had immediately called 911? Could Damian have been saved?...
Initially, there was a coverup by the cops, as usual. None have been fired or charged.
Mom should have been arrested by now

“Put that body back where you hit it,” mom said

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:32 am
Mom should have been arrested by now

“Put that body back where you hit it,” mom said
"Guzman (cousin/passenger) and Santiago’s mother were also charged with allegedly tampering with evidence, and other offenses."
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

oops - missed that

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Just a cop being a cop

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/20 ... 217111002/

Gets 90 year old woman with dementia to turn everything over to him.

County didn't seem to care, but the feds did.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:22 pm
Just a cop being a cop

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/20 ... 217111002/

Gets 90 year old woman with dementia to turn everything over to him.

County didn't seem to care, but the feds did.

Minneapolis pigs, again. :roll:

Video shows police fatally shooting Black man while serving no-knock warrant

First police report: He pointed his (legal, registered) gun at officers.
Next police report: The officer he pointed his gun at is not in the body cam frame.
Latest police report: Her had a gun, no mention of where it was pointed.

:x Cops lie.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen mention of whether they caught the suspect/s they were looking for. If not, this was a surveillance breakdown times 2 - first for being the wrong apt, them for not knowing there was an innocent citizen there, possibly sleeping in the living room.

:angry-cussing:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:46 pm

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen mention of whether they caught the suspect/s they were looking for. If not, this was a surveillance breakdown times 2 - first for being the wrong apt, them for not knowing there was an innocent citizen there, possibly sleeping in the living room.

:angry-cussing:
I haven't followed this very closely and may be totally wrong, but I get the sense there is no surveillance as such. Just break down the doors with their handy dandy warrant, scream and start shooting.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:16 pm
I haven't followed this very closely and may be totally wrong, but I get the sense there is no surveillance as such. Just break down the doors with their handy dandy warrant, scream and start shooting.
We'll never get rid of no-knock warrants entirely and maybe shouldn't, but one reasonable reform would be to require some minimal prior surveillance before executing them.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Why shouldn't no-knock warrants be banned? They don't have to knock gently; they certainly could yell from outside the door, but how can one possibly justify a resident in his own house, with a legal gun, shooting someone who is inside his house and just broke in? Without prior notice, how could he possibly know it was cops, and even if they said they were cops, how would he know immediately they really were? Fundamental principles in home defence - if they're outside the house, get your gun but hold your fire; if they're inside the house, fire away.