Slavery By Another Name

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Slavery By Another Name

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:10 pm
( :crybaby: )
Still can't figure out how to "just scroll past" GoCubsGo, can you? Oh well, whine on.
Delusional, as usual.
billy.pilgrim is regularly griefing you now. You may want to ask him for clarification before making assumptions about this post.
You often annoy O Really, but he doesn't invest much in saying so.
banni's lost patience with you, but he's not here much.
neoplacebo gives you shit several times a day, but you may be too slow to comprehend some of his posts.
Then, this thread of yours is an utter failure. It never accomplished anything that you hoped it would.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:34 pm

Why the FUCK didn't you just ignore Mr. B, or Homerfobe, or whatever he called himself? Yet that is exactly what you say people who are fed up with someone should do? Your hypocrisy is tremendous.
Some of this bears repeating.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:33 pm
The posts immediately before and after your selectively edited, 'Look at me', perpetual victim self-quote. They bear repeating.
viewtopic.php?p=155264#p155264
O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:24 pm
Why do cats chase a laser light even though they'll never catch it?
Because they're cats.
O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:06 pm
Everybody for themselves. I did ignore Homerfobe. By "ignore" I mean I put him on the foe list, did not read his posts, and didn't respond to any of this posts that might have been quoted by somebody else. He was no longer in my world. Mr.B, on the other hand, had been a pretty decent guy who for some reason turned into a loon. Once he became a loon, I no longer engaged with him, but generally kept reading his posts to see if he recovered. Sadly, he never did.

But others have different responses. They might engage for fun or sport, and make mincemeat out of those who just can't keep from engaging with them. Chasing lasers.
Whine on, laser-chasing mincemeat, whine on.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

So "slavery" may have many names, if one chooses to look at it that way. But legal, government-sanctioned, slavery has been gone from the US for a long time. So if you wanted to guess which states now are best and worst to be a Black person, one might guess the places where they used to be slaves would still be worst. Maybe, maybe not. Make your guesses of the top 10 best states to be a Black person and the top ten worst. Then read the article. On the article list, #50 is the Best state, #1 is the Worst. Good luck, and don't cheat.

The article has several pages, but isn't a slide show.

https://247wallst.com/special-report/20 ... ericans-2/

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Fascinating.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:11 pm
So "slavery" may have many names, if one chooses to look at it that way. But legal, government-sanctioned, slavery has been gone from the US for a long time. So if you wanted to guess which states now are best and worst to be a Black person, one might guess the places where they used to be slaves would still be worst. Maybe, maybe not. Make your guesses of the top 10 best states to be a Black person and the top ten worst. Then read the article. On the article list, #50 is the Best state, #1 is the Worst. Good luck, and don't cheat.

Cheating for the lazy, selected relevant states:
Spoiler:
50. Hawaii :-||
48. Texas :wtf:
46. Montana :thumbup: , but:
Montana has the smallest Black population in the United States. Only about 4,700 state residents, or 0.4% of the total population, are Black....
40. Tennessee
34. Maryland
33. Florida
31. Washington
30. California
26. North Carolina :( , but could be worse:
24. Alabama :P
20. South Carolina :P
8. New Jersey :P
6. Connecticut :lol: Imagine that.
4. Illinois :problem:
1. Wisconsin, surprising.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

"Montana has the smallest Black population in the United States. Only about 4,700 state residents, or 0.4% of the total population, are Black...."

I'm pretty sure we may have seen a couple of them there last summer, but I suppose they could have been Hispanic.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

The full list:

Worst states for blacks, from worst to less worst:

1) Wisconsin
2) Minnesota
3) Iowa
4) Illinois
5) Michigan
6) Connecticut
7) Nebraska
8) New Jersey
9) Ohio
10) Pennsylvania
11) Utah
12) Louisiana
13) New York
14) North Dakota
15) Maine
16) South Dakota
17) Mississippi
18) Kansas
19) Massachusetts
20) South Carolina
21) Indiana
22) Rhode Island
23) Missouri
24) Alabama
25) Virginia
26) North Carolina
27) Arkansas
28) Colorado
29) Oklahoma
30) California
31) Washington
32) Oregon
33) Florida
34) Maryland
35) New Hamphire
36) Nevada
37) Vermont
38) Delaware
39) Georgia
40) Tennessee
41) Kentucky
42) Alaska
43) West Virginia
44) Arizona
45) Idaho
46) Montana
47) Wyoming
48) Texas
49) New Mexico
50) Hawaii

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:05 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:11 pm

Cheating for the lazy, selected relevant states:
Spoiler:
50. Hawaii :-||
48. Texas :wtf:
46. Montana :thumbup: , but:
Montana has the smallest Black population in the United States. Only about 4,700 state residents, or 0.4% of the total population, are Black....
40. Tennessee
34. Maryland
33. Florida
31. Washington
30. California
26. North Carolina :( , but could be worse:
24. Alabama :P
20. South Carolina :P
8. New Jersey :P
6. Connecticut :lol: Imagine that.
4. Illinois :problem:
1. Wisconsin, surprising.
Shameful

"6. Connecticut
> Poverty rate: 17.9% Black, 7.6% white
> Homeownership rate: 39.4% Black, 72.5% white
> Unemployment rate: 10.4% Black, 5.0% white
> Median household income: $49,000 Black, $85,502 white

"Connecticut has some of the worst income inequality in the United States – and inequality along racial lines is one contributing factor. The typical Black household in the state earns just $49,000 a year, about $36,500 less than the median income of $85,502 among white households in the state. Income inequality is driven in part by disparities in the labor market, as Black workers in Connecticut are more than twice as likely to be unemployed as their white counterparts.

Inequalities are not just economic, but also social – particularly with regard to law enforcement and the justice system. Black Connecticut residents are nearly 11 times more likely than white residents to be incarcerated in a state of federal correctional facility. Partially as a result, Connecticut ranks as the worst state for Black Americans in the Northeast."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:41 am

Shameful

"6. Connecticut
> Poverty rate: 17.9% Black, 7.6% white
> Homeownership rate: 39.4% Black, 72.5% white
> Unemployment rate: 10.4% Black, 5.0% white
> Median household income: $49,000 Black, $85,502 white

"Connecticut has some of the worst income inequality in the United States – and inequality along racial lines is one contributing factor. The typical Black household in the state earns just $49,000 a year, about $36,500 less than the median income of $85,502 among white households in the state. Income inequality is driven in part by disparities in the labor market, as Black workers in Connecticut are more than twice as likely to be unemployed as their white counterparts.

Inequalities are not just economic, but also social – particularly with regard to law enforcement and the justice system. Black Connecticut residents are nearly 11 times more likely than white residents to be incarcerated in a state of federal correctional facility. Partially as a result, Connecticut ranks as the worst state for Black Americans in the Northeast."
You do have a hard-on about Connecticut, don't you, BillyP?

Here's a clue: I spent the first ten years of my life in Connecticut. We moved to San Francisco when I was 11 and I've been living here for the past 60 years. I hadn't even learned about the Civil War until we got to California, nor did I know much about race relations, either. So you might want to re-focus on California if your goal is revenge on me for creating threads such as this one. Try growing a thicker skin while you're at it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:48 am
You are the one that held up Connecticut has some paragon of racial justice and tolerance relative to the South. In fact, you prove the point by saying that you somehow made it to 11 in CT without learning about the Civil War or race relations. We're just making fun of you until you have the spine to admit how stupid it was to brag on CT. History suggests that we'll be making fun of you for a long time.

Since you mention it, according to the list California is racially worse than billy.pilgrim's Florida. Explain that.

It's a scream that you're demanding that billy.pilgrim grow "a thicker skin" when he so easily triggered you merely by quoting the same list that you have also quoted. Project much?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

No member here thinks the Civil War was or should have been won by the renegades. No member here has ever defended the practice of slavery. Most members here aren't native southerners. Almost all members recognize that all states have racial issues. Almost no members try to make other members assume the sins of their current state of residence.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:48 am
... So you might want to re-focus on California if your goal is revenge on me for creating threads such as this one....
If you insist . . .
30. California
> Poverty rate:
20.5% Black, 12.2% white
> Homeownership rate: 34.8% Black, 58.8% white
> Unemployment rate: 10.4% Black, 5.7% white
> Median household income: $51,837 Black, $78,308 white

Racial inequity in California is perhaps best exemplified by the criminal justice system. Black state residents are over 10 times more likely to be incarcerated than white residents. To put it another way, over 29% of the people in correctional facilities in the state are Black, though Black residents comprise only 5% of the state’s population.

This large gap in incarceration rates can exacerbate other forms of inequality, as those in prison or with criminal records tend to have lower earning potential and fewer job opportunities. In California, the Black unemployment rate stands at 10.4%, compared to the 5.7% white jobless rate. Additionally, the typical Black household in the state earns $51,837 a year, about $26,500 less than the median income of $78,308 among white households.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Such bizarre goal post moving.

At least he admitted his age. At some point last year I mentioned about him being seventyish and he got butthurt and asked me to prove it or some sorry shit that basically claimed it wasn't so.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:54 pm

At least he admitted his age. At some point last year I mentioned about him being seventyish and he got butthurt and asked me to prove it or some sorry shit that basically claimed it wasn't so.
I had the same impression, I think from his mention of how long he's been on Medicare or collecting SS. -0-?
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:

You are a royal ass.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:37 pm
No member here thinks the Civil War was or should have been won by the renegades. No member here has ever defended the practice of slavery. Most members here aren't native southerners. Almost all members recognize that all states have racial issues. Almost no members try to make other members assume the sins of their current state of residence.
Well, clearly from a variety of comments he's made, Billy got triggered by this thread, and has sought to try to embarrass me by pointing out the history of slavery and discrimination in Connecticut (since I once revealed it was my state of birth). Even to the extent of him inventing the term "Connecticutians". You didn't see that because it was just in his signature, and you have blocked members' signatures. It's tiresome but says more about his thin skin than anything else.

It's obvious all US states have racial issues. I was surprised that Hawaii is so woke in that respect. I was not surprised that Connecticut did so poorly, in part because I encountered racism when I was a kid there, although I didn't understand at the time what it was. As for making members here assume the sins of their state of birth or current state of residence, that has not been my goal either. But it seems to be Billy's current obsession. His problem, not mine.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:02 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

I had the same impression, I think from his mention of how long he's been on Medicare or collecting SS. -0-?
Yeah, he's left breadcrumbs all over the place but when I mentioned a number he reacted and I really just didn't care that much to pursue it.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:04 pm

Flops around like a fish.